“Great Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Poznan
Illinois
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed August 21, 2009

The Sheraton does not disappoint. It is a great hotel, though not in the main square. The rooms are spacious and clean. The internet in the lobby is useful. The restaurants are really excellent and the service is impeccable. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Stayed at the Sheraton (where else) again for a boys weekend rather than business and all where blown away by the great staff and prices - weekend occupancy and rates seem lower than midweek as business travellers are missing.

The staff are fantastic!!! Two of my party ended up in hospital and under room arrest by the Polsih police after having their drinks spiked in a night club (they were warned!!) all staff from General Manager/Security and Reception really made sure that i knew what was happenening and volunteered to come to the hospital as my Polish is poor and help with translation.

A bad experience for my guests was turned into a more positive one given the care and help extended to us during our stay and i will be back in the near future.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank JonnyBongo
Seattle
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We were driving from Sopot to Dresden, so Poznan seemed like a good stopover place. We arrived late in the afternoon and then spent the rest of the morning in the main square part of town, leaving shortly after noon. If we do this trip again next year, I would like to stay at least 2 nights in Poznan as I think we missed some interesting sights.

The hotel is a bit of a ways from the Old Town. As a previous review said, there is a difference in taxis - I wish we had known that. Our cab ride going to Old Town was approx USD $3 and coming back was USD $9!

The hotel was really excellent. Check in was fast and friendly. We opted for the Executive floor, which I would recommend. There are wonderful evening appetizers, free wine of several types, mixed drinks and free internet. We had room 626 - very comfortable bed and pillows were to die for. They have non smoking rooms. Excellent choice of English channels on the TV. Room was large and well appointed. There was only one sink in the bathroom, but the bathroom was large and modern. As noted below, one of the better hairdryers on the trip. The buffet breakfast the next morning (included in the room price ) was outstanding. There was secure underground parking for our car.

I would definitely stay here again. I tried to look for some of the hotels that I had considered on our taxi drive to and from the Old Town, and could not find many of them. Even though it is a bit of a hike from the hotel to Old Town, I still think the location was fine - easy access if you are driving - which by the way if you are, I would highly recommend taking a GPS system that has the European chip installed. It was a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
kinross
Reviewed June 1, 2009

What a brilliant stay. I am just back from a wedding in Poznan, we stayed wed-mon. The bed was like a dream, so comfey I never wanted to get up in the morning. The pool was lovely and there is free water and apples there. Don't stay anywhere else. The location was perfect - get the number 13 tram into the main market place if you dont fancy the walk. Taxis are super cheap - make sure you get the RADIO taxi as they are the cheapest. Always order it from the hotel. It was only 20 zolty to the airport this morning :) cheap cheap cheap - about £4-5 at the mo with the exchange rate

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed May 21, 2009

The hotel is not far from the main station, about 10 mins by foot. Hotel is truly wonderful and the bed is very comfortable. city centre is easy walk from the hotel or tram station is just next to the hotel. Free internet in the lobby and staff are so friendly. I highly recommend this hotel.

Hotel price is extremely competitive.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
Reviewed April 30, 2009

I stayed here for 4 nights in April, in a "normal" room as opposed to one of the Executive Club ones. I was offered this at check in but declined. Check in was a bit slow as there was only one person working the desk. I had to wait about 10 minutes.

The room was very comfortable, the bed especially, internet worked well (I bought the cheaper package of 50 zloty/24 hours and just didnt read some of my attachments). View from the room was dire but this was not the point of the visit. Bathroom is well equipped, although I was suprised to see there was no shaving mirror, you get them in lesser hotels.

The gym is small but each time I was the only person in it. so no problem there! And it has 24 hr access which was good. The equipment seems quite new, or in good condition at least. Shame there are no free apples or something there.

Room service was prompt,, polite, friendly, selection is adequate. Service in the restaurant is good.

My room was made up every day despite me coming and going and the room not being available for them until late in the day some days, no complaints there at all.

You are within walking distance of the old town but it is a bit of a trek. However, it is the type of hotel where you feel secure and comfortable and do not have any worries about not being able to speak Polish, so that may offer more advantages to some.

Checking out was easier as there were 3 people working the desks. I also note that taxis from the hotel to the airport cost twice as much as they do going the other way so I am glad that tripadvisor tipped me off about this, as I had set a 50 zloty note aside just in case....

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Scotland
Reviewed December 8, 2008

Just back from 3 days in Poznan and a stay at the Sheraton. Possibly not the best location for the old town but we did not mind the 20 minute walk too much. The hotel was as you would expect from the Sheraton brand - clean with attentive staff and well appointed rooms. We were even able to watch our favourite football team in Someplace Else (arranged for us by one of the staff to whom we were very grateful). Best shower we have come across on our travels - we just did not want to get out it was so good! Good hairdryer in the room as well as a plug right beside the mirror - other hotels take note! Breakfast was a good choice with omelettes made to order. Poznan was fine for a weekend visit and we discovered a good Italian restaurant called Da Luigi which served good pizza and pasta and was so reasonably priced. Try Poznban for somewhere different and stay at the Sheraton - you won't regret it.

• Liked — Excellent staff, great shower
  • Disliked — Possibly not the best location
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple