“Excellent service!”

Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Poznan
Quebec City, Canada
“Excellent service!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

This hotel is the place to stay if you attend any exhibition or fair in Poznan. The service there is excellent, as the staff will make everything they can to make your stay as enjoyable as they can. Breakfeast there is quite an experience: the brunch-style meal offered every morning has an incredible variety of delicious dishes that will set you off with a good start for your day. The other meals offered for lunch and dinner at the bar and pub/restaurant are not as good, but the ones you can get at the restaurant for dinner are pretty decent. It is very well located: you have the congress center right in front of the hotel, the train station is a quick walk from there and by foot or cab you can easily go through all the attractions in Poznan. The executive salon is always quite enjoyable before dinner time to unwind with colleagues after a hard day at work.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Manuel P
I would like to thank you for posting your rating on TripAdvisor. Thank you for all the nice words about our hotel, the attitude of staff and location. I am really happy that you like staying at Sheraton Poznan and hope you will be coming back to us in future.
Looking forward to welcoming you in Poznan and at our hotel again.
Marco Foelske

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chinnor, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I sty here regularly for work, and often arrive after midnight, the staff go out of their way to help you going above and beyond what is required of them.

Super clean and tidy Hotel, fantastic restaurants and 10 minutes walk from the centre of Poznan which I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Go for the executive room, very comfy, if you are a non smoker avoid the smoker floors!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Reviewer
Thank you very much for sharing your Sheraton Poznan Hotel experience.
I am extremely happy to read all those fantastic words about the attitude of the hotel associates and hotel services. We always try to make our guests feel like home at our hotel and it is great to find out that they appreciate it.
I hope that you will have many chances to come back to Poznan and explore our city also in the future.
Looking forward to welcoming you at Sheraton Poznan soon again,
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I got off to a rough start. I checked in to the hotel at 1:00 am in the morning...dead tired. I was put off by the hotel staff trying to sell me the club floor/breakfast/wi-fi add on when all I wanted to do was flop into a bed. But I listened and I bit. Unfortunately at check-out I found out I mis-understood the terms. It was over $100.00 a day for club access wi-fi and breakfast...not worth it. The club room did not have much to offer as far as snacks go (peanuts were always an option), although it did have wine available in the evening. The Wi-Fi was o.k. The breakfast was o.k too but in Poland you could have gotten a lot better for a much smaller price. I didn't fight the charges at check-out because I knew I signed the paper agreeing to it but I remembered being put-out when I first arrived and heard the up-sale speal. I should have trusted that instict and said no or asked to re-visit the deal after I had some sleep.

The room was o.k. The bed was o.k but not great. It's location is probably about 20 - 25 minutes away from the old town and an upscale mall.

If I returned to Poznan I think I would try the NH Hotel instead.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Noodlechecker,
I am really sorry to read your TA comment. I am certain our employees were just trying to offer you the most value for money. The Club Floor and upsell value is about 275 PLN per day, versus the additional charge is over 100 PLN lower. Perhaps, our associate did not explain all benefits included in this offer, but HSIA, WiFi and full Breakfast Buffet alone cost over 170 PLN per day, access to the Club Lounge, a bottle of wine in the guestroom, fruits, snacks and unlimited beverages in the lounge are also included in this offer. Additionally, the additional level of privacy of our guests on the Club Floor is provided, since key card access is required. Again my apology for not having fullfilled all your expectations fully.
Marco Foelske,
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The location of the hotel is very good ... close to the center of the city and only, short drive (10 minutes or so) from the airport and next to the central rail station.
The hotel seems to be pretty new and is very clean (both rooms and public areas). The rooms are pretty big (I would say "oversized" compared with many Sheratons I stayed in the past) and well equipped with everything in a good working condition. The internet connection provides a decent speed. The bed was comfy and really big (I had a king bed room).
The breakfast was very good with a wide variety of choices. The hotel staff was nice and friendly, especially the front desk staff was far above average and very helpful.
All-in-all a very nice experience which deserves "5" rating. I shall not hesitate to stay again when I am in Poznan.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ED5611
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear ED5611
Thank you very much for writing a review about Sheraton Poznan Hotel.
I am pleased to hear that you liked so many things about the hotel, its facilities, location and the attitude of our associates.
I hope that you also had a chance to explore our city, espcially the Old Town with a famous Rennaisance Town Hall.
Looking forward to welcoming you in Poznan and at our hotel soon again.
Philadelphia
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have not stayed here, but I'm told by a Poznan native that this hotel is not in downtown POznan where the sites and restaurants are, but rather close to the train station and trade fairs. This might be a consideration in staying at this hotel, which otherwise appears to have good reviews.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Jim19130
Thank you for writing a review about our hotel and giving it the highest rating.
You are right, the hotel is located very close to the Poznan main train station - Poznan Glowny. It's only 700 m - a 5-minute walk and you don't need to look for the hotel on your map or ask people - the building is visible from outside the train station. We also have a convenient connection to the Poznan airport - by taxi it takes approximately 15 minutes to get there (7 km). The historic city center, with the Old Market Square and famous Poznan Town Hall, is located within a 15-minute walk from the hotel and is easily accessible by taxis or public transportation.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you at Sheraton Poznan as our guest and give us a chance to contribute to a pleasant and memorable Poznan experience.
Birmingham
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Well located close to the train station and about a twenty minute stroll to the old marketplace.
Terrible roadworks in the neighbourhood at time of visit which make it a little more difficult to reach if you're relying on your gps!
Well appointed hotel as you would expect and good service.
Don't use the hotel car park - rip off. There is an open air car park just behind the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Ameglio
Thank you for being our guest and writing a review on TripAdvisor.
I am pleased that you liked our hotel and it's location and hope you had a chance to explore the city during your visit.
Looking forward to welcoming you back at Sheraton Poznan Hotel soon again.
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

If you are a Starwood preferred member they treat you great. I love when the hotel recognizes loyalty. The management is wonderful and the staff is very helpful. Thanks for making a snowy situation and long day into a very enjoyable evening.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Sulltom
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Sulltom
Thank you very much for choosing Sheraton Poznan and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.
I feel extremely happy that you had a pleasant stay and were satisfied with our service.
As you mentioned being a member of the SPG program, let me take this occassion and thank you for being our loyal guest. I hope that you enjoy the benefits the program gives you and will keep choosing Starwood properties where you can collect and redeem your Starpoints.
Looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel soon again.