“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Poznan
London, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

On arrival, we were quickly checked in by very helpful and polite staff and were given a quiet room away from the main road outside the hotel. The room was very spacious, clean and modern looking.
From the hotel, it is about a 15 to 20 minute walk to the town centre. There are a lot of road works close to the hotel and this affects the walking time from the hotel to the town centre and there are also quite a few road diversions which can make getting to the hotel by car a little tricky.
This is a very friendly and relaxing hotel to stay in and it is a shame my visit coincided with major road works, which caused some dispruption.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road, traffic and roadworks.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Paul F
I am happy that you found time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and thank you for a good rating that you've given us.
It is great to hear that you liked our facilities and were satisfied with your stay.
I hope that on your next visit in Poznan all the roadworks will be gone and you'll be able to enjoy the nearby surroundings of the hotel more.
Looking forward to welcoming you to our city and hotel soon again
Marco Foelske

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is an excellent hotel - significantly better than the most hotels of this class. The Sheraton Hotel is located few minutes away from AM University, historical center of Poznan and convention/exhibition center. Rooms are large, excellent breakfast , superb staff and perfect service. I would certainly recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear Tadeusz M,

Thanks for your 5 star review on Tripadvisor about the Sheraton Poznan Hotel. I have shared your comment wth our staff and they were very happy to read your favourable comments about our hotel. This is why we get up in the morning and serving guests and customers of ours. Thank you -
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is in my opinion a slightly better Sheraton than the average international standard. Rooms are large, good working areas in the rooms. Breakfast is done well with enough choices. Free internet in the lobby and reasonable in the rooms at 50 PLN for 24 hours.
To walk to the Old town is also only 20 minutes which is easily doable and safe

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Terrycti
Thank you for reviewing and rating Sheraton Poznan Hotel.
I am happy to hear so many nice words about our rooms and services.
Since you mention walking to the Old Town, I hope you had a chance to explore our beautiful city a bit and have liked it. When you'll be in Poznan next time, please ask our staff about some ineresting places in the city - they have wide knowledge about it and can recommend you what's really worth visiting here.
Looking forward to having you as our guest soon again.
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed November 5, 2012

i stayed in the Poznan Sheraton for 5 nights between 23/10 - 28/10 /2012
i was staying in room 328
my work booked the Poznan Sheraton for me and colleague while in Poznan for work ( a convention),,, the sheraton hotel is located just 1 minute away from the Poznan convention center, and 5 minutes walk to the Pozanan main rail station! 10 minutes walk and you are in the heart of the beautiful and charming poznan old city,
we arrived to the hotel around 18.00pm,, we were met with a very proffesional gentleman, who spoke wonderful english, and was very quick checking us in!
the hotels reception was packed with people but still we didnt seem to remember waiting at all!!
we got our keys and up to the room
the room was s standard room, but was very big!!! very comfortable beds!! big pillows,
the room had all amenities inside, almost everything that you wished for!
there was no free internet in the rooms (in rooms for a charge) but in the reception and all public areas, we were able to surf the net free of charge!! which was wonderful!!
breakfast was also wonderful, amazing varieties of cold cuts, cheeses, sweets, breads, hot dishes, omelette bar!! wonderful drinks from coffee, juices, sparkling wine!! was more than any normal person could eat!!
the rooms (upon ur choice were cleaned daily) u had the choice of changing towels or re-using them!! big fat towels!!!!

the room we stayed in had no bath, just a shower but huge!!
one thing i think sheraton poznan should reconsider is the bathroom door, it is one of those sliding doors, when closed there is always an edge that stays open, the opening is big enough that someone can really see whats going in the bathroom, ok its ok when ur a family or good friends, but for 2 work colleagues, it wasnt the most comoftable!!!

one more thing was the telephone!! near the phone they had this price list stating that international calls are at 5zlotys per minute (almost 1 euro), i called my mum once just to ask her to call me back, i really tell u this call was less than 2 minuts!!! at check out i was shocked for being charged 20 euros for this 2 or 3 minute call!! ok i know hotels charge a lot for calls, but hey 20 euros!! that was a lot!!! this in a city where you can eat for less than 5 euros a day in very fine restaurants!!
anyways didnt have time to discuss this as i had a train to catch!! but anyways, i wouldent let it mess my experience at the hotel!!
and certainly wont make me change my opinion about beautiful poznan!!!

i would certainly recomend this hotel!!! its wonderful

just keep ur hands off their telephones :))

by the way there is a spa and a pool at the top floor, but never used them!!!

Dear leloso
First of all let me thank you for writing such a positive and detailed review of our hotel.
Needless to say that I am extremely happy that you value us so high and recommend visiting us. Reading such positive comments is a huge motivating factor for the entire hotel staff. I will for sure share your feedback with my Management Team.
As far as phone calls are concerned, let me explain that cost for international phone calls placed from hotel phones depends on the international destination chosen. Outside the EU or the USA, calls can be expensive. I've asked for checking the situation you mentioned and in your case the call was in fact placed to such a high priced region.
I hope that on your next visit, you'll have a chance to try our Sheraton Fitness programmed by Core Performance fitness center and experience a nice work-out session with a view over the city panorama.
We're looking forward to welcoming you at our hotel soon again.
NJ
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was on a breif trip to poznan to watch soccer (lech Poznan). the hotel was wonderful, very claen and great staff. the restaurant had a wonderful breakfast. The tram stop is just in front, and this takes you to the historic part of poznan. it is a 5 minute walk to Adam Mickiewicz university

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Bones57
First of all, let me thank you for reviewing and rating our hotel.
I'm glad you liked the hotel itself and it's location and hope you had a great time watching the match. Hope that you also had a chance to explore the city a bit.
Looking forward to welcoming you in Poznan and at our hotel soon again.
Kristiansand
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Yes, the service at this hotel is excellent. The message at the SPA is great! The breakfast is great! (points for fresh pressed juice!) All in all, a great place to stay.

Watch out for taxies from hotel as some of them like to charge more than they are suppose too and sais the reason is "because it´s from Sheraton" but I don´t think the hotel has anything to do with it and it´s just something the drivers sais.

Would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Dear Hannaaase
Thank you very much for reviewing our hotel and giving us a great rating.
I am very happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay and the quality of our service.
Thank you very much once again for appreciation.
Looking forward to welcoming you here at Sheraton Poznan soon again.
UK
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Poznan for two nights in September. It is a 10 minute walk to the train station (you can see the Sherton sign from the station) and a 20 - 25 minute walk to the old town.
The staff were friendly and I found this particulary with the restaurant staff when I ate breakfast there. Breakfast was very good and there was quite a lot of choice. I also had access to the club lounge which provided tea, coffee, soft drinks, water and biscuits during the day and one hot dish, cakes and alcohol for a few hours in the evening. There's also access to computers and a printer. The lounge is not staffed and access is gained via your room card. I though the rooms were clean and comfortable but I did find mine a little dark. My room was not facing the main road and was therefore very quiet.
Any request I made was dealt with effectively.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Marcfoe, General Manager at Sheraton Poznan Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear UkWanderluste
Thank you very much for a very nice and detailed review of Sheraton Poznan Hotel.It was a pleasure to find out that you liked both, our hotel and our services. I hope that you had a chance to explore our city a bit and visit a few interesting places here.
I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you at our hotel soon again.