“Great spot in Poznan”

Pyra Bar
Ranked #30 of 810 Restaurants in Poznan
Cuisines: Polish, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Are You in Poznan? Well, actually in Pyrlandia - capitol of pyra. Then You should visit us and eat in Pyra Bar, the kingdom of potatoes in many styles. You can try our famous regional delights like: jacket potatoes with cottage cheese or potato dumplings but you can always take a different way and go into potatoes casseroles or potatoes pancakes. Both, we can assure that you wont be hungry any more and you will still save some money for the evening. See you.
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

I was quite lucky while driving to Poznan, as I've picked bunch of people to my car, which were originally from there. It was a good opportunity to ask them about a good place with local food. All recommended Pyra Bar. Went there and after finishing my meal I knew why. Try one of the zapiekankas (Cukinsyn was my favourite one) and you won't regret. The portion is quite huge (small-300g huge-500g), price very fair (4-5euro). And taste-absolutely superb! And also one od the best, most polite services I've met in Polish restaurants & bars.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

I'm from poznan and it was my favorite place for lunch between classes. Food is served very quick and very good quality. Poznan is famous about potato and this is the best to try local food.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

A great alternative for a taste of Polish potato culture. All dishes consist of someking of potato creation. Excellent variety. The fish caserole from the oven is great! The could try to be a bit faster with the service sometimes, but nothing to be worried about.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Pyry means potatoes in Polish. Understand that you are going there for strictly that. Poznan is famous for it's potatoes, and this little diner does it justice! Delicious food and affordable price. You can't go to Pozan without having potato pancakes!!

Thank galantka101 .
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was the first place where we eat just arrived in Poznan. This restauraunt was near our hotel so we decided to have a try.
This place is more like a cafeteria rather than a restaurant since you have to order and pay right away at the bar.

The potato dumpling and onion soup was really nice but the chicken cassolette was way to heavy since more than half was just boiled potatoes. Wish they could have put more chicken and less potatoes.

The prices and service are unbeatable!