“Lovely decoration and tasty pierogi!”
Review of Chatka Babuni - CLOSED

Chatka Babuni
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This restaurant has a nice decoration (even the toilets are beautiful and worthy to see, really). You will find many options in the menu and also you can choose different pierogi and mix them. The ones made in the oven are quite big.
I have been there several times and the only negative aspect is that sometimes it's crowded and you have to wait a long time.

Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

We went to Chatka Babuni twice.First time we ate pierogi baked and dish with kasza 'zduna'. Both were accetable. There is really a lot to wait. Rerstaurant is well decorated. Second time we went with our cat and we were not allowed to enter.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Good value, casual meal. I first tried the baked perogies, which were nice but tasted more like a calzone then the polish dumpling I was craving. Tried again with some boiled and fried in butter and much more to my liking. A good hearty meal with big mugs of beer that doesn’t break the bank. The interior is made out to look rustic like a cabin, especially the bathroom. Got a kick out of the children’s book showing various animals doing their business chained to the bathroom wall as reading material! LOL.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I come to Chatka Babuni each time when I am in Poznan (3-4 times a year). It's centrally located, not far away from the old square. The food is delicious.
Unfortunately they dont't take advance booking for the weekends and sometimes take only bookings for a large tables so each time we went it was a bit of a wait to get a table and be served but we always are prepared for it so go there when you are not starving yet so you still can be patient:) Once you seated and served with you food you will know that it was worth waiting for!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We ended up in this restaurant brought by its smell. This place looks so adorable inside, but it was so difficult to get a place where we wanted when the restaurant was only 1/3 full.

I can't understand a restaurant that advices you in advance on the Menu that you must wait from 20 to up to 40 min to get your food.
Well in our case, the restaurant wasn't full but had to wait over those 40 min up to an hour, asking if we were going to be served several times before, so we had to leave at the end.

The menu is limited to dumplings which looked really tasty, the price was over average compared to other restaurants and the service is quite poor. The girls working there were not really nice or friendly.

I would like to try your dumplings if I come back but please HIRE MORE COOKS AND LESS WAITRESSES!!

1  Thank Bmujige