“Superb Sushi”

SAKANA Sushi Bar
Ranked #93 of 899 Restaurants in Poznan
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: In my opinion the best sushi bar in Poznan.
Reviewed October 23, 2016

By chance, we had our lunch at SAKANA. After studying the menu, and getting a little confused about the concept, the waitress helped us out, and basically said that they could just make us what we liked, So we told her, and said we were open for surprises.
We had the best sushi experience - if not ever, that tales this year.
The balance in taste was excellent.
I just have two little things they could consider to improve:
Kikkoman Soy is OK, but in my min too mainstream. Any Chinese Shop will have something on the shelfs more exotic - and possibly at a bargain.
The wasabi was a little mild.
... but these small details can not take away the exceptionally good sushi.
Will I eat here again: Absolutely!

Reviewed March 8, 2016

While the sushi is quite expensive in comparison with other restaurants, here the food is really good. I find it to taste best among all sushi restaurants in Poznan. The food is fresh, tasty and I have really nothing to complain about.

The outlook of the restaurant is nice, there is the river with floating dishes. Each plate color means the different price tag.

In my experience, it's best to ask the sushi maker to prepare a special one for you. These are the best ones and often not so expensive as part of the floating ones :).

Reviewed December 23, 2014 via mobile

Simply a top sushi place, variety and quality are impeccable and up to best international standards. Top recommendation.

Reviewed October 27, 2014 via mobile

This sushi restaurant is my favorite place in Poznan. Eat fast and really good. I am from out of Poznan but every time when I come here or in Warsaw I go with my wife to eat sushi there. It is not romantic place, if table around of sushi Chiefs is quite full it is also not quiet. I love maki with fried prawn it is my favorite. If you do not sure what you like you can ask Chief to prepare something special for you. Best sushi for me.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Read about this place by accident on tripadvisor and we went here. It was not only BRILLIANT sushi, it was also a experience. We arrived after the rush so we got one of the chefs to outselves and he made me the best vegetarian sushi I have ever had after we stopped staring at the little boats the food travelled in.

The staff was friendly and spoke really good english, and we really liked the chef. A bit pricy for poland but totally worth it. If we ever come back to Poznan this is the first place we will go to!