“nice design, but still better to achieve”

City Solei Boutique Hotel
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Poznan
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I like this hotel for design and the staff attitude . Location is not bad. Room is excellent by size and comfort. The price of stay is really good, too. But the wifi quality is awful, even camel is faster. And there is something wrong with the ventilation. Even on the third floor there is a strong food smell from the restaurant, which is in the basement. It takes all over your room and your clothes smell with it too. Rooms sound insulation could be also better.
I am sorry, if this is the best, what Poznan can give, as the rating says..

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank margokorkjas

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Very nice little boutique hotel with great people that make you feel like home. Charming little details that make the stay one of a kind. Special thanks to Damian at the front desk who helped us discover the city :)

Room Tip: Havana room is absolutely great
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Because of my job I travel the whole year to many different cities in Europe. Never been to such great hotel - everything in this hotel is 5 star - design, stuff, location, atmosphere and food. I slept in Marrakesh room - Very spacious, amazing design inspired in every detali with marocco, nice view, comfortable beds and bathroom. My colleague slept in New York - also amazing design. The breakfast was fresh and delicious and the waitress - Nataly made the atmosphere of this place - friendly and funny. Great start of the day. It's for us the best hotel in Europe. 5*****

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank AnnaOrgon
citysolei, Manager at City Solei Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Anna,

thank you very much for your review, it was a pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel.
Visit us again another day you still have 21 cities to discover ;)
All the best, hugs and kisses
The City Solei Team

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I booked a superior room but I can't rave about it like other reviewers. It was in the attic and was a little bit ad-hoc in terms of furniture. I wouldn't call it stylish or boutique really as it didn't have the finish; characterful might be a better description. Having said that it was roomy, warm and clean. A lot of effort is put into nice little touches such as wine on arrival, L'occitane toiletries and delicious cookies on departure but there are some fundamentals which need attention like bedside tables on both sides of the bed, and hotel quality curtains - ours were very thin. I think this hotel is a work in progress but certainly going in the right direction. The location is great in that it is quiet yet very close to the old town where we wanted to spend most of our time anyway. If you need to be by the railway station or want to do lots of shopping it might not work for you. We didn't try the breakfast. Overall I would recommend.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear MisterGato,

Thank you so much for appreciating our little extras;)
Hope to see you again in Poznań !

All the best,

City Solei Team ;)

Reviewed January 7, 2014

As far as I saw, each room was individually designed reflecting a particular city in the world. I stayed in Venice and it had a lovely design. Breakfast was really good and I enjoyed it each morning. The staff was friendly and extremly helpful with any questions or issues I had. I really felt at home and am looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much for the review! It is not sooo far from Berlin so I hope we will have a chance to welcome you as a guest once again ;)

All the best

City Solei Team

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Pretty little hotel very close to Stare Rynek. Clean. Friendly staff.
Nothing more, really I don't understand how could be voted as one the top hotel in Poznan and earned all this awards??
To me also a bit overpriced, compared to other 5 stars hotel on Poznan.

I would suggest it to someone who wants to be right in the center.
Personally I wouldn't come back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank Gama322
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is such a lovely hotel and is located a short distance from the main square which is a great advantage as it is really close to all the great bars and restaurants. We stayed in room 16 for 4 nights which was spacious, really clean and despite the cold weather outside, it was really warm and cosy. The staff were really friendly and helpful and booked us taxis and gave us directions and spoke excellent English.

We did have a few bad experiences with noise which I feel I need to feedback on. Outside our room (16) is a concrete bench and on the first night we had loads of people drinking, shouting and singing directly outside our room which went on from 1 - 3am. I finally had to get up at 3am as I couldn't take the noise any more and went down to reception where the noise from the people was even louder than in my room. I asked the receptionist if they could move the people on. I am not sure if he had addressed the noise issue and it is disappointed if he didn't do anything beforehand as he ought to have known that this level of noise for 2 hours would impact on people staying in the hotel. Anyway, shortly after I went upstairs, the noise stopped.

On our final night, (in fairness New Year's Eve) there were more people congregating on the bench drinking and talking until 7am but the earplugs the hotel gave us helped. This bench whilst not on the hotel's grounds seems to attract late night drinkers on this side of the hotel so avoid rooms overlooking it or take earplugs with you. My other friend stayed in a room on the other side of the hotel (12) and she heard no noise at all.

There is also a construction site next to the hotel and on one of the mornings we were woken at 7am by hammering next door which was disruptive and happened only once.

It is a shame that these things highlighted tainted our experience slightly but I am loathed to give this hotel an average as this would not be representative of our stay as we did have a great time here.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front of the hotel are quieter and if you are staying in rooms overlooking the car park...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends