“Perfect cusine with perfect wines in atmospheric place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Winiarnia Mielzynski
Ranked #47 of 687 Restaurants in Poznan
Cuisines: European, Polish, Wine Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Warsaw, Poland
“Perfect cusine with perfect wines in atmospheric place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

I know Mielzynski wine shop in Warsaw. In Poznan, the atmosphere is more professional. Awesome waitstaff helpful in the selection of wines, terrific advisor on what to choose to eat. Perfect and atmospheric location in the former german soldier barracks. Design - composition of wine, boxes of wine situated in many points of wine shop and restaurant create the atmosphere of the hall, and their views enjcourage you to taste someting more as well. Exquisite white Bordeaux, red Valserano for welcome, tasty salads - with grilled cheese and the other with a sensational grilled beef, great flavors composition.The second dish - equally light and well seasoned, great sirloin grilled fish on composition with salat of colourful lettuce. Jazz music live. Already I'd go back.

• Visited October 2013

• Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

There is also Milzynski wine store&restaurant in my city (Warsaw), but for some reasons I like the one in Poznan much better. The atmosphere, food and service are great plus- you can be sure you can drink a great wine choosing from A LOT and getting a good advice. never dissapoited :)

Visited October 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“It's a decent wine bar, well organised, acknowledged staff but terrible management.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Me, my father and our close friend have visited the wine bar during my stay in Poznan 21-26/11/2012 and we really enjoyed the wine over there. We were sitting at the sofa and I asked for a good oaky dry red wine and we received a very good Rioja (£20= PLN103.00). We were offered some snacks which was very nice and they were tasty as well. My second choice was Margaux and again- no dissapointment here. It was decantet and topped up by a waitress. Pretty cool until our friend wanted to go home and we paid the bill (£65). Then the waitress stopped topping up the wine so my father tried to pour it by himself. As he's slightly paralised (stroke) he broke a glass and some ugly and angry supervisor/ manager came up and demanded us to pay £3.00 extra for a broken glass almost accusing my father that he wished to visit his wine bar! We refused to pay for the glass and I've added that it's not classy to ask partly paralised father who tried to do waitresses job to pay for an accident particularly that we did spend some money on a good wine there. My father felt really bad and he felt down outside. Very bittery experience. I like their wine choice and I'd like to revisit the place, but I hope that this time we'll feel fairly treated. At the end it's not my fault I decided to spend my money there!!! Please rethink your strategy or change the manager (or somebody who tried to act like one)!!!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank Patrick P
scotland
“very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Ate here one evening while staying at City park Hotel very good meal and service , Agree great for wine lovers but staff will keep you right on choices if not sure . Waitress translated all the menu for us which was most helpful really enjoyed our evening here

• Visited September 2012
Poznan, Poland
“Great place for good wine lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We visit this place often for a dinner with friends. The menu is seasonal but meals are always tasty. There are only few tables so advanced reservation is recommended. You will not get any wine list. You just need to walk and browse among hundreds of boxes with wine bottles from all over the world. There is a staff ready to help in making a choice. But be aware that if you want to drink this wine during your dinner there then you will be charged 30% surcharge to the price seen on the bottle. It is mentioned in the menu however with very small letters... It is open till 10-11 pm only.

• Visited April 2012