“Really good. Unforgettable.”
Review of Dark Restaurant

Dark Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 726 Restaurants in Poznan
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the first DARK RESTAURANT in Poland, a place where everything takes place in complete darkness. We welcome people who seek new experience, are brave and open-minded. There is no menu, we only serve surprises. Dark Resturant to pierwsza restauracja w Polsce, w której potrawy spożywa się w absolutnych ciemnościach. Na dodatek serwujemy wyłącznie kulinarne niespodzianki:) Zapraszamy!
Yokohama, Japan
“Really good. Unforgettable.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Everything good that everybody said before us but better, because we were served by Ania i Adam . Such pleasurable dishes, textures and flavors!
Superb expirience.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank EgonB72

• Czech first
  • Polish first
Lebanon, Oregon
“gimmick”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

it's a gimmick. you pay too much for terrible food while they have no lights. so really it's even cheaper for them. maybe go if u want to go on a date with some who is very ugly, or if you want to go on a date and you're very ugly.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank QuietAmerican1
Kinross, United Kingdom
“Eating in complete darkness”
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled into the dark is no understatement! Although at 60zl it was relatively expensive in polish terms the sensory experience was second to none. You give the waiter your food preferences and have no choice or expectations as to what you are going to receive. Thereafter you are led chai gang style down a pitch dark corridor and guided to your table. As the first course arrived you rely on touch and smell to establish what your eating. It's so dark I can't even see shadows in front of my eyes. Try pouring a bottle of water in these circumstances ? Or sharing a forkful of your meal. Challenging but an experience not to be forgotten. The debrief session at the end made me realise you wrong I was about my assumptions.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank greg4bs
Poznan, Poland
“Great place, full of passion”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Great place, full of passion (one more time:)
I've been there yesterday with my girlfriend on a double date with friends. Really fantastic experience with a little bit of humor.I recommend to all who are tired of the typical restaurants.
Delicious food and mood (try Mood Food set)

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank KamilG76
Poole, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing and expensive drinks”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I were in Poznan for a weekend break for my birthday. After reading about it on Trip Advisor we were excited to try out a new experience. It's in an interesting building and the staff were all polite as we're all the Polish we met. We selected the mood menu choice as we're feeling a bit nervous about going for bizarre. As we had no idea what we'd be eating we asked for surprise drinks too. On being taken through we'd both underestimated how dark it would be, it really was pitch black and your eyes never adjust. I guess this heightens your hearing and we were very aware of those around us and how loud we'd be, so didn't relax as much as you would normally. Although we'd picked the same style of menu we got brought different dishes and tried each others.you had to use your fingers to find it in the plates, but then tried to use a knife and fork to stop getting too messy. I had a cheese and spinach tart and my boyfriend had a meaty salad. The drinks we were given were cocktails, but I didn't like mine much and later found out it was Campari and vodka... The mains were okay, but the veal and mushroom pie was really difficult to eat and I wouldn't of served it with cous cous. My starter dessert turned out to be my favourite, creme brûlée, but it had quite a powdery rather than creamy texture, so was slightly dissapointed. It's not the palace to sit and chill after so we got seen out and advised of exactly what we 'd eaten, but there wasn't too many surprises, although my boyfriend was most upset to fit out he'd had Brussels sprouts. I had imagined eating in the dark would heightened the test, but for me I think it took away a lot of the enjoyment and possible made the food taste worse, either that or it was just a bit naff. I also got narked at being charged 7-8 pounds each for the cocktails. We were staying at the blow up 5050 and the bar there served the best, freshest and cooly presented cocktails we'd ever had for the same price, certainly not Campari in a tumbler!
Sorry, dissapointed...