“Cool and quirky” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 72 Hotels in Poznan
Crackle83
“Cool and quirky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

In May some friends and I visited Poznan for a weekend. There was a large group of us and we were staying in different hotels. I have I say that out of all the hotels Blow up hall was the best and certainly the most fun.
I would advise that if your tastes are largely conservative then this is probably not the hotel for you - you might find it an assault on the senses!
Overall we thought it was fun, the rooms are comfortable and quirky.
Be warned, there are no twin rooms so if you are visiting with a friend make sure you are comfortable with sharing a bed. Also make sure you are not in one of the rooms with one of the more "romantic" bathrooms I.e. the suite with the bath in the centre of the room or the room that has a glass wall between the shower and the main room - pretty hot for a romantic weekend but pretty awkward if you are with a friend!
There are some criticisms about the finishes in some of this rooms - I agree with this to a small extent but firstly it doesn't detract from the whole experience and secondly this hotel is amazing value for money taking all other aspects into account.
Overall - really fun and I would recommend it!

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Warszawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Good location if Your stay is based on interests in Stary Browar mall.

At the beginning nice suprise: welcome drink and room upgrade. Later much worse.
The room even upgaraded, bigger is not spacious because of too much furniture ( table with 4 big sofa chairs). Nice idea with hidden 2 small wardrobes. The fridge is also hidden but is not working propelly, makes much outside heat.
The bathroom is without bidet but with big showr space not used even in half of space because the nozzle is instaled fromthe wall not ceiling. The washbasin is also not practical because every time You use it the wather splash all around even using lowest option.
The sleep qualitynis poor, the air condition is quite noisy and I was really sweat at the morning ( it was quite hot the days during my stay)
There was something wrong with air condition on corridors and main hall but service/reception front officer do not react and says thatmit is ok for her...
There was huge temprature difference entering from outside by main doors or from Stary Browar mall, the same feeling had my friends also staying this time in different rooms. too hot outside room.
They have big problem with concierge service quality: the iron and ironboard were so dirty and having stains that makes a stain on my white shirt even when I clean the iron ( some dirt was inside.

The breakfast offer was week, in plus is excellent fresh squized orange juice and eggs ( good quality).

So this hotel is excellent example of: "form triumph over content".
No gym no swimming pool...
Next time I will chose Sheraton or Andersia as I always do before.

Room Tip: Do not take standard room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Minsk Mazowiecki, Siedlce, Poland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was there, and I very Happy! Greatest room and architecture style. For people who love art and beautifull furniture. Friendy room service and delicious molekular restaurant.
On greatest place on Poznań to stay. The only minus to the price, but it is worth!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Have stayed in this hotel a few times - I believe that it was built and operated by the people who built the huge retail centre (which is well designed) which it is attached to.

Very modern design and layout (even by UK or US standards) with wet room marble bathrooms and iPhone check in and room control.

Very good food (and great breakfasts) with very good service and staff (again even by UK or US standards) - not pushy but very responsive

Drawbacks are probably the hardness of the design (black corridors) and the relentless black and white room decor (can sometimes feel 'Russian') which can feel very cold and uninviting.

If you are a regular business traveller to Poznan, you have to check this out at least once

If you are there for pleasure and are a fan of boutique / modern hotels check this out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which is more white than black (they seem to focus on one colour or the other) unless...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank A T
Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Blow Up Hall 5050 pretends to be most exclusive, modern and comfortable hotel in Poznan. Let me tell you: THAT IS A JOKE! Think it’s the most inconvenient place I have ever been to. When you bare in mind- it’s surely one of most (if not THE MOST) expensive hotel in the city, there is nothing else coming to your mind then anger…
I must admit- when I was checking some bad reviews on a Tripadvisor before arriving I was thinking some people maybe just do not appreciate good design and modern art, so because I do I should no worry about it… I was wrong!
Let me start from the beginning: the reservation was made by my assistant. I was told I got about 36m nice room and chocolates or fruit basket waiting for me there. I arrived. The area is great and I know it well- just a part of Stary Browar shopping mall. There is no reception desk which was quite a strange first feeling. The concept is- you seat down on the sofa, being served a coffee or water and the concierge is taking care of you. Could be not bad IF there are no 10 people trying to check in at the same time getting nervous and trying to speed up the process… The service got a bit nervous too- and forget about first good impression. Nerveless, finally it’s my turn. I got an iPad as room key. As I’m gonna stay with my friend who’s coming soon I’m asking for a second one. “There is only one belonging to the room” I hear, so the other person can use a normal key. You should also have a normal key in case the iPad doesn’t work… Haha hi-tech technology! You must be kidding me… There are no room numbers, so the iPad should show you the way. Think it didn’t work in practice, because somebody went with me to show me where the room is- just in case. I’m getting to the room and the first thing I say is: it’s SOOO small. I was told I’m gonna get 36m and the one I got doesn’t really look like. “Wait until you open the bathroom door” I hear, so I do. And? Still doesn’t look for 36m… “Yeesss “ I hear again “the room is about 20m”. So why do you tell me to open the bathroom door to see how big the room is?? “Sorry, that’s your reservation. I could change the room, but we are fully booked” the concierge and before disappearing add: “if there is anything else you can contact us calling from your iPad”. There was: I don’t see chocolates or fruits either. A small thing, but if it’s told will be there- SHOULD BE THERE, so I call. “If you wish, somebody is going to bring it soon”. Joke.
I check the room. I bet the designer was never using a hotel room for staying more then hour… There is a desk where I could potentially work, and even there is socket, but it’s not possible to seat there as the only one sofa-chair is way below. The only way I could work was then seating on my bed. But that’s nothing! Bathroom- this is something! Design didn’t allow to put there even garbage can. Also- no chance to plug a hairdryer in. You can't dry your hair in the room either, as there is no mirror... So I call again saying: seems strange, but I don’t see a socket in the bathroom”. “Because there is no socket there”- I hear a nice voice. So how can I dry my hair? “I can bring you an extension cable”. Take a look at the picture- that’s how the BIG DESIGN in this place looks in practice… Another picture- look how the space between the stones on the shower looks… What is this damn blue silicon??? In the evening the other night I felt sick and decided to stay in the room for an evening, so I called room service to order something from the card which was in the room (together with the beautiful description how luxurious, arty and special this hotel is haha). Concierge took the order and told me it will be delivered in about 20 minutes. After 10 he called back and said: “I’m sorry, what you ordered is not available anymore”. Ok, so what’s available? Well… nothing, because we have changed the menu some time ago. That was too much. Lost my appetite… also for coming back there EVER AGAIN.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank KA_and_MA
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

My parter took me here for a surprise birthday weekend and at first I thought he'd picked it more for him with all the technology and gadgets, but with champagne and a free upgrade to the chic boutique room on arrival I couldn't have been happier.
Throughout our stay all of the staff had just the right level of politeness and helpfulness without being intrusive. The cocktail waiter was fantastic and we'd very much recommend them. The breakfast was a fantastic fresh and very delicious buffet with the option of eggs cooked to order. I was also treated to a chocolate full body massage. I was a little concerned to find a young man was the masseuse, but after my initial embarrassment it was probably the most enjoyable and relaxing massage I'd ever had- although you do get in a mess with the chocolate.
The hotel was in a good spot for exploring and even though it was minus 10 we did lots of walking and would recommend the market square, the cathedral island and Malta lake and park. We also had a fun afternoon at Malta aqua park and thermal pool, great fun to be swimming outside in the snow and very good value. All in all a fabulous weekend!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank spangleysmiler
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I arrived just before midnight. There is no obvious reception, so I walked to the back, up the stairs to the bar. There was one guest in the bar and quite bit of music. The guy of the reception was upstairs as well and helped me to sign in. You receive an iphone with an app "find my room" and "open my door", but fortunately you get a normal key as well. Despite the virtually empty bar, the music was played very loud for quite some time and was very easy to listen to from my bed... The room is very "modern" with a nice B&O television etc, but also square toilets and square toilet seats. It might look nice, but ergonomically not perfect.
Breakfast is ok, but it took more than 20 minutes to get a taxi at 7.30 in the morning... When i checked my credit card statement last week, I noticed that they had charged me both at check in and check out, which is the first time ever. They were very quick in resolving this issue and will reimburse me shortly. Overall a stay with mixed feelings.

Room Tip: away from the music
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business