“Superb hotel and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of City Park Hotel & Residence

City Park Hotel & Residence
Ranked #7 of 72 Hotels in Poznan
DK
“Superb hotel and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for one night, but I was sorry to leave.
The reception was very friendly and it was like they knew me already even though it was my first visit. The portier followed me all the way to the room which was in an other building, telling me what I could do in my leisure time.
The room was very nice, big, well equipped with a complete kitchen. The restaurant also in top. I only wanted a single glass of wine for my dinner, but they had a wide selection of open bottles.
A whisky bar made the perfect end of a busy business day.
I hope to come back either for business or pleasure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Natalia K, Guest Relations Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of City Park Hotel&Residence, I would like to thank You for having chosen our Hotel for Your recent visit in Poznan.

We much appreciate You having time to express most valuable feedback on Your stay.

I was pleased to learn that we fulfilled Your expectations and I assure that Your comments serve us as motivation to do even better in the future.

I do hope, that we may have the pleasure of welcoming You to our Hotel in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I loved this hotel! We were in Poland last fall for a conference in Warsaw and decided to travel around a bit, using my travel agent's suggestions. We had absolutely no idea what to expect and ended up falling in love with Poland, and with this wonderful hotel. I loved the design, with hotel rooms on the second floor and shops and restaurants on the bottom floor. This place would fit in Portland, Oregon, just perfectly! The room was huge and beautifully designed. The big sliding doors concealing a small kitchenette and closet, the big integral sink in the bathroom, the modern bed and seating area--I'm planning to copy of some of the ideas in a remodeling project. The restaurants and wine bars within the complex made it so easy to enjoy a pleasant meal in a very stylish atmosphere only a few steps from the room. The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful. We also enjoyed the breakfast, which was light but very good. I would definitely stay here again. Taking a cab to town was no problem; one afternoon we just walked back! If you are into design and re-imagined structures, go for City Park Hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for choosing the City Park Hotel & Residence for your recent stay and for having taken the time to comment our service on Trip advisor website.

I am pleased to learn that you appreciated the design of our spacious rooms, Polish-style breakfast and the surrounding of the City Park Hotel & Residence with a number of restaurants.

We are grateful for your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back again to City Park Hotel & Residence with our newly opened Mediterranean restaurant CUCINA in the near future.

scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed here 17th - 23rd Sept . Thought the hotel and apartments and in fact the whole complex was well designed and layed out. Suite we booked not in the main block but only a short walk . Large room , good furnishings , excellent bed . Small kitchen area , only used the kettle and fridge but there if needed, sliding door across so out of sight when not in use . Good supermarket on site if required . Agree with previous comments that blackout blinds on windows and skylight would have made a vast difference . Discovered on booking out that suites in main block have blackout blinds despite being in touch with hotel by e-mail prior to visit I had been told there was no difference in suites just location on complex I would def have booked main building and got blackout blinds if I had known . Staff all very friendly , polite and helpful at all times . There are resturants on the complex apart from hotel owned one ( where you get breakfast ) also Whisky bar . There is also an excellent resturant called Hugo`s fantastic meal and service ( no owned by hotel ).
Only complaint apart from blinds , I have was that one day our key card didnt open our door we got it reloaded at reception and it was fine . That night around midnight another 2 guests entered our room with their key card !
Complained at time by phone and also went to reception and complained next day . Hotel had never had this happen before and were full of apoligies they have said they are looking into changing the entry systems .
Spa and pool area were very good and can be accessed directly if you stay in main building .

Room Tip: Main building if you dont want wakened too early by sunlight
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to learn that you appreciated our design-style rooms and the surrounding of the City Park Hotel & Residence with a number of restaurants.

On the other hand, I regret to learn that we did not satisfy your expectations in all aspects. City Park Hotel & Residence is divided into two buildings, namely Hotel and Residence with the slightly difference between the standards. The room you have stayed in is assigned to our Residence.

In order to fullfill your expectations I highly recommend you our Hotel building with fully equiped suites with blackout blinds, direct connection to the newly opened Mediterranean restaurant CUCINA, Whisky Bar 88 and to the Wellness Centre.

Apologizing for the inconvenience experienced, I still hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to City Park Hotel & Residence in the near future.

munster
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Lovely hotel. Not that central but taxis are cheap so it doesn't cost much to get to the old town square. Great rooms with a small shopping centre to get the essentials nera buy. The pool area is fab. Nice size pool. Staff are very friendly. The food was nice but the selection wasn't huge. found it abit quiet and ate out in the city for most of our stay. Would reccommend that maybe blinds should be fitted in the rooms on the sky light windows. I know they are a feature of the room but it does make it hard to have a lie in in the morning when the sun is shiing in on you. Also maybe afew english speaking channels. Apart from these small things i highly reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarnia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

This hotel is located in several different buildings, so we had some trouble finding the reception. There should be more signs. There are stores on the first floor of the building, and the rooms are on the second floor, which makes the hotel unique. Inside the hotel is very modern and nice, with a glass elevator. The rooms themselves are very large, with lots of space and a huge bathroom. There is a large skylight in the roof, and there was a lot of light coming in. This made the room feel nice as it was not dark like in some hotels. One problem was that the bathroom was not very well equipped. They only had liquid soap, which did not work at first but was quickly fixed by the staff, and there were no Kleenex. I found that to be very surprising. However, the bathroom contained a scale, and was very large. The room contained a kitchen, and this was vey well equipped.

Unfortunately, there was a very major design flaw in our room. There was no curtain to cover the skylight. In Poland the sunrise is very early, and we all woke up at 4 am because of the sun coming in through the skylight. By 5 am it was as bright as daytime. There was also noise from delivery trucks coming to the stores early in the morning. There were speed bumps, but they weren't enough and the delivery trucks should have been banned from entering the complex so early. A third problem was a strong smell of perfume in the room. I didn't mind the perfume in the hallways, but it shouldn't have been in the rooms. It probably won't be a problem for most people, but people sensitive to artificial scents and perfumes might find it difficult to sleep.

Still, these problems were made up by the excellent staff. The new restaurant was very nice and the breakfast was amazing. There was a large selection of food, everything tasted great, the orange juice was the best I have every tasted. All the staff were outstanding, extremely helpful, cooking eggs for us, bringing us juice. When one staff member, I unfortunatley don't know his name, saw that we were taking a slice of the delicious bread to our room, he gave us an entire loaf to take. Eating breakfast there was one of my best experiences in a hotel restaurant.

In summary, the hotel is beautiful, with designer rooms, and every staff member was extremely helpful. The location was also good, but there are other hotels even closer to the old town. In the end I was satisfied with my stay, but am not sure if I would stay there again. If the hotel fixes the problems I have described, mainly adding a curtain to the skylight, the hotel could become a very good place. As is I would still recommend it, although not to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a curtain over the skylight
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

It was a bit walk or short taxi ride from station.
I have found this place amazing,Great rooms (Appartment),great staff.
It was shame i only spend a night

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Guest Relations Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for having chosen City Park Hotel & Residence for your recent visit to Poznan.

It is our great pleasure and honour to have you with us, and we all are delighted to learn how impressed you were with the service you received.

Customer care is amongst our highest priorities and it is always gratifying to receive such praise, which serves us as motivation to do even better in the future.

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2012

This hotel is spread about a courtyard complex with everything you could need. From shops and galleries to whisky bars and a fantastic wine bar stocking everything from the every day to the fine wines of classed growth Bordeaux. There is a swimming pool and wellness centre included in a roof top location but still all enclosed. The staff are very warm and helpful and the rooms are very large and even have a small kitchen in them. And amazing value. in comparison to most other major cities.

Near by are lots of restaurants, a fabulous botanical garden created at the turn of the last century.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hampden-White
Natalia K, Guest Relations Manager at City Park Hotel & Residence, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

On behalf of City Park Hotel, I would like to thank you for having chosen our Hotel for your recent visit in Poznan.

We much appreciate you having time to express most valuable feed back on your stay.

I was pleased to learn that we fulfilled your expectations and I assure that your comments serve us as motivation to do even better in the future.

I do hope, that we may have the pleasure of welcoming you to our Hotel and newly opened Mediterranean restaurant CUCINA in the near future.