“Unassuming from the outside but really good hotel”
Review of NH Poznan

NH Poznan
Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Poznan
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Tastefully decorated and fitted to a very high standard, Grohe designer bathroom fittings spacious rooms and really comfy beds. I stayed on the 4th floor in a room towards the back so there was no problem with noise. I do not have any complaints about this hotel, and I cannot understand the other review about the door being left open as they have self closers on. Wide choice at breakfast and everything was fresh you can have fresh fruit, sliced meats and cheeses or cooked breakfast, and an amazing cappucino machine makes great coffee

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
HotelNHPoznan, Dyrektor generalny at NH Poznan, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear CLIVEBROOKS,

Thank you very much for choosing Hotel NH Poznań**** for your stay in Poznań and for sharing your experience with other TRIPADVISOR travellers.

For Hoteliers, there is no better reward that meeting Guests’ expectations and hearing from them how enjoyable their stay was.
As we all know, the key thing about the hotel is how good sleep and how good breakfast one is able to get there – therefore such a note – is very rewarding for us.
I am truly delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

I remain at your disposal for any further assistance you may require and look forward to welcoming you again in Hotel NH Poznań****.

Agnieszka Oćwieja

There are newer reviews for NH Poznan

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. I'm a frequent traveller and I stay in many hotels but this place is very bad. Staff is very rude and very unhelpful. They have no clue what services they offer and no idea what is happening there. When I spoke to front desk manager, the lady pretended to care what I was saying but she didn't do anything. The room was not very clean and I had to ask several times to do anything with it as they didn't care. This hotel is far overpriced for the level of service they offer. This is the first time I left a bad review for the hotel but this place is really very bad so I decided I couldn't stop any other people from going there. Don't waist your money.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ArekUK

Dear AREKJE,

All the comments are always highly appreciated as we continuously strive to improve the quality of our hotel and offered services.

I am truly sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations while you were staying in NH Poznań****. Please accept my sincere apologies. Our goal was to provide you excellent service, comfortable and clean room, and most of all, to make your stay enjoyable.

All your feedback has naturally been shared with the hotel team to ensure this kind of behavior will never happen again. What is more, additional training has also been rolled out to insure empathic and professional responses of our staff at all times.

For certain, necessary steps will be taken to avoid such incidents in the future.

Agnieszka Oćwieja

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited Poznan for 3 days and whole trip stay in NH Poznan. Very good location near market square, rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. Rooms are clean and modern. Staff very friendly. We used NH points for partial payment. There was no issue at all. I recommend this hotel probably more for business visitors however we had no issues with family visit.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I made the worst experiences with a hotel ever:

IN SHORT: My earrings disappeared, I found my door open after being away for five hours, they promised to refund my earrings when I checked out, however did not keep that promise (I never received any compensation) but instead blamed me for the loss.

IN DETAIL: My earrings, that I put at the side of the sink, "disapperared" after the room service had cleaned my room. I immediately reported this incident to the reception. They told me they would investigate the case and asked me to come back later. Then, I left the hotel for a business dinner. When I came back at night I found my room door open! (Yes, I am 100% sure I closed the door when I left). I had been away for five hours. That was a pretty huge shock as, first, I was wondering if someone entered my room and, second, eventually everybody could have entered the room as the door had been open for eventually many hours.

The next morning I had to leave quite early. I asked the lady at the reception if someone from the hotel had entered my room as I found the door open. She said that no one entered my room and she said that the door looking system in the hotel sometimes does not work well. She also asked me to contact her boss as they had not found my earrings and she promised that I will get a financial refund for my lost earrings.

However, and that was just another disappointment, the person in charge I contacted via e-mail, just send a standard e-mail saying something like: thank you for your suggestion, this helps us to improve our service. I replied that I cannot accept such a standard e-mail as I experienced several troubles in their hotel. Their answer (that took several days) was that I could have put the earrings in the safe (what would be a true argument if a bulgar took the earrings. But in my case I should be able to trust that my belongings do not disappear with the room service!). They did not go into the open door of my room at all! I could not accept this superficial reply so I again sent them an e-mail. Their reply was that they will contact their principal the next day. But have not heared anything for the last seven days...

This all is just a biter humiliation to me. In my opinion, they just want to sweep their misbehaviour under the mat.

BESIDES these troubles, I would not recommend the hotel either: Bathroom was dirty, right to the window there was a huge and very loud AC. Small and old TV, only few chanels. Too expensive for what they offer.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank kittiittik
Reviewed August 14, 2013

You would almost pass this hotel as the entrance is on the street front. Not a large hotel (which is good) and very nicely decorated. The room was large and so was the bathroom. There was also a balcony so you could let in the fresh air. Staff were very helpful. In fact it was so nice I extended my stay another day. Location couldn't be better.

Best prices are on the weekend and if you like the quiet life ask for a room away from the main street.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Endorse other reviews - nice hotel.

Room ,staff, all really good.Central yet quiet location.Staff were super efficent and switched on and requests dealt with very conscienciously. Very nice looking resturant and spa which we didnt try.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lasybloke
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My last visit to Poznan was five years ago. Many things have changed, and for the better. I suspect that the selection of Poznan's Stadion Miejski as one of the venues for the UEFA Cup 2012 (Lech Poznan's stadium) helped. There are certainly more decent hotels to choose from. I know NH Hotels from previous experience. The one in Poznan is of the same standard as those found elsewhere. I like Spanish owned hotels. They can usually be counted on as have well trained staff and having a good standard of comfort. This was the case at the NH Hotel in Poznan. The staff were professional and very helpful. All spoke good English. The hotel is located only around 10 minutes walk away from the Stary Rynok (old market) in the old city centre - lots of restaurants, cafes and bars.
Like all good chain hotels you do not get a surprise at the decor and size and style of the rooms. Do not expect something essentially Polish. My bedroom could well have been at an NH Hotel in Madrid or Barcelona. It was nice a quiet. Most rooms do not face onto the street. There were all the necessary bits and pieces you expect to find in a decent hotel, TV, safe etc.TV channels include Polish, Russian, German, French, Italian and CNN but not BBC, which I thought odd.The interior fittings are what one would expect in a three/four star hotel. An iron and ironing board are available on request, I can't say that I am a great fan of NH Hotel beds, though. Beds are the one thing in need of improvement. Perhaps I am rather fussy about beds. One small thing I always like about this chain is the soap and shower gell - orange. I smells wonderfully, I wish it were possible to buy the stuff. The brightly coloured soap smells good enough to eat.
Breakfasts are very good. There is an English style buffet of eggs, bacon, sausages etc or you can avoid all this cholesterol with the extensive continental style selection.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business