“Probably best Indian I've had in Poland”

Ganesh Piotrkowska Indian Restaurant
Ranked #91 of 441 Restaurants in Lodz
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This restaurant lived up to its' billing. I had an excellent flavoured Mutton curry (though if they could find decent lamb it would beven better than the mutton) my better half tried a noodle dish off the Indo/Chinese section of the menu, this was fantastic.

The place was a bit quiet, but at 19.00 on a Tuesday in November I probably shouldn't have expected anything different.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Ok so let me start by saying I am a bit of a wimp when it comes to indian food, the only dish I eat is Chicken Korma - but wow do Ganesh do a great Korma for ridicilously cheap. Tiny little restaurant with very unobtrusive service. If I was to visit Lodz again, I would definitely make sure I went here for dinner.

Reviewed March 14, 2012

My restaurant of choice when in Lodz. In comparison to UK prices you cannot go wrong here, generous portions of well-cooked food. Ok so they do some things differently but that is not a bad thing. The only thing I would improve or change would be to have side-dish portions of vegetable curries, but this is not unique to this restaurant. A main meat dish and a main vegetable dish is too much (when coupled with rice and naan).

1  Thank Brit_Abroad13
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Went for an early dinner (6pm) and at midnight I was still trying to digest my plate! So my first recommendation is to go here for lunch or take a strong digestive afterwords.

Nevertheless, food was great, big explosion of spices and flavours. You can really feel like eating truly Indian food. It is true that the menu there is large, but I´m quite sure everything you choose will be as good as it can be.

Took a plate for two and it was more than enough.

Service was fine and, the most important, it is foreigners friendly. I went to the one on the main street, but next time I´m trying the one on the alley.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

As a frequent visitor to Lodz this is the one restaurant I will ALWAYS make sure I get to. The food is truly authentic, super value. Make sure you visit the one down the small alley.