“Great place for business meetings”
Review of Restauracja Polska

Restauracja Polska
Ranked #33 of 400 Restaurants in Lodz
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

It is definitely best cuisine and service in Lodz. Food is very tasty no matter what your choice is. Service is very stylish, waiters are well prepared to their job. What is important during business meetings it is quiet and spacy. Food is being pretty fast prepared and you do not need to wait hours to main dish. Interior is designed in "old style". I can fully recommend this place for cuisine and services. Also it is situated on Piotrkowska street which is the main street in Lodz where you can admire eclectic tenement houses.

1  Thank Lothse

Reviewed August 16, 2013

This place was recommended by many and - from what I heard - used to be one of the top 3 restaurants in this city. Those times are long gone...
The first impression was fine - the decor refers to early 20th century and the wooden deco seems pretty cosy and stylish. The first unpleasent surprise - when being seated by the table, we noticed awfully dirty tablecloth. Top notch restaurant? Definitely not... Second try - same thing... Disgusting... Third table - clean enough to seat.... Unbelievable! Fortunately, my business partners did not notice. What really surprised was that the restaurant was not busy at all - two waiters could easily spot the spots and have time to change the tableware!
Allright, now the food. Plates nicely decorated, the dishes tasted good, but - again - it was not the "Top 3 in town" quality. Spinach dumplings: some of them were too dry/overcooked and floating in the sea of oily sauce. Meat dumplings: quite ok, but why the meat inside was mashed into single cells, so that the filling reminded more of a sponge?
The desserts were much better, both the "Opium" poppy seed cake and the apple pie.
The service was disappointing - our (quite small) table was filled with wine glasses that we were not using, there were no napkins (we had to "steal" them from another table) and the waiting for the check was too long.
In summary - perhaps a while ago it might have been a fancy restaurant, now it reminded us more of a bar with "ok" food, but not a top notch place for good quality meal during business talks. Sadly, the prices remained high....

1  Thank PlainTraveller
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have eaten here for the last couple of days - sadly quiet at the beginning of the week but excellent service and great food - can recommend the stroganoff and pancakes with mushrooms and proper Polish cheesecake

1  Thank IrenaGo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had a late lunch. The food was a litle bit too expensive for what you got. Only one flavour, no vegetables and no bread. When we had payed they realy ignored us. Have to after several tries to be notice (the restaurant was not busy) ask for our change. I realy like to leave what I want to leave for tip.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

The decor is top notch. The food is good. The waiter included something on our bill that we did not have, he removed it when we pointed it out. My big complaint with this restaurant is that they have two drinks on their menu with EXACTLY the same name, kir royal, one for 18 zl the other is 58 zl. We ate there twice. During our first visit at lunch, I ordered a kir royal and was charged 18 zl. That's what I expected when I ordered the same thing two days later in the evening. no, that was 58 zl. When we pointed this out to the waiter and other staff, they refused to change the price. As seems to be typical in Poland (we've lived here three years), if you're not happy, managers are nowhere to
be found.

First of all, two prices for things with the same name is sloppy work, and I think the staff should know the menu well enough the clear this up when they take your order.