Hotel Senator
  • Free Internet
All reviewsthe main squaretemplesofasaltstylehalltownpolandwindow
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel is in a great spot just around the corner from the main square. The staff on reception were very helpful with information and even helped with bus and train timetables for me.
The restaurant was very good and the waiter was very attentive and helpful even though there were a number of patrons that night.
The bedroom and bathroom were of a good size.
Would definately recommend to anyone looking at staying in Zamosc.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank LJAH
Reviewed October 21, 2012

During the phone reservation, the receptionist said: "We have still a room and there will be a marriage, is it OK for you?" "Why not?" we thought! At night we discovered that we had the room just over the celebration room!!! A room that (in the worst case) can be reserved only for one of the participant to the marriage and for anyone else since the noise was so high that they seemed to play inside the room and nobody could sleep!

After the complaint they discounted just 10%.

My suggestion? AVOID it if there's a marriage!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greatgatsby79
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Hardest thing about the hotel was navigating to its parking lot! Everything else was easy and smoothly completed. Breakfast was a bit odd... only because of the sometimes working coffee machine. Room was good sized and (best of all!) quiet.

Don't know if I'd stay again... but the city is nice and the hotel is close to all the sights.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2012

The hotel is situated in the old town, and a 2 minute walk to the central square, with the town hall. We stayed only one night, and we didn't take the breakfast. Our room was clean and pleasant enough (although ours probably could have done with a touch-up of paint here and there - but I'm just being picky). The bathroom had a shower but no bath (which is fine with me). We didn't eat at the hotel (although we wish we had done) but we did take at look at their restaurant situated downstairs and it looked great - quite atmospheric!! The friendly lady on reception told us that guests of the hotel receive a discount on food served in their restaurant and cafe. As a side note: My boyfriend, who is quite a heavy sleeper, was woken very early in the morning with the sound of the workmen (the windows weren't open). Just something to think about if you're given a room facing the side of the hotel where there is work currently going on in the back street. I always wear earplugs........

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I was looking for an alternative hotel in Zamosc to the one I normally stay in, came across the Hotel Senator during a web search and decided to give it a go.
It’s not possible to reserve a room from their web site (not sure if it can be from booking engines) so I gave them a call to book. The receptionist spoke English, but asked for a request to be sent by e-mail (or there is a request form on the web site). I did this and the one night reservation was duly confirmed. On the morning of my booked stay, I had to change plans. I called the hotel to inform and request a change for a later day. I received confirmation that the room was now booked for three days (from original date to new date) - could be that my accent was confusing! Anyhow, I responded to the confirmation by e-mail and the situation was quickly resolved.
Roughly knowing the layout of the centre of the old town, the hotel itself was not too difficult for me to find. However, I don’t fully know the one way system they have for the roads in the centre and ended up reversing up the street to their parking area. Maybe it would be easier with GPS or a street map check first.
Walking into hotel, I found it is not brightly lit, some of the décor is dated and the carpets were threadbare in areas – not the greatest first impression. I was booked into my room quickly and efficiently and made my way there. With regards to condition, the room was pretty much the same as the rest of the hotel. The beds were a little more comfortable than they looked. I had twin singles and though they were a bit narrow, I did have a reasonable night’s sleep so no real problem. The wifi in the room was patchy (but at least free), minibar not well stocked (maybe an advantage!) but power shower in the morning was very welcome.
I had purchased the ‘businessman’s package’, which includes an evening meal. This is a voucher which gives a choice from two options; both included a soup and a main course. I will not take the package again as the meals were not to my liking. It could be worth asking for the choices before booking the offer.
Breakfast was a standard affair, no comments either way. Check out was fine.
Overall, I think I’ll either go back to my normal hotel, or try a different one next time. Apart from the dated décor (the curse of many a hotel), there’s nothing really wrong here but, for me, something is missing

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo