“so so”

Ranked #20 of 28 Specialty Lodging in Lublin
Krakow, Poland
“so so”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Not worth the money. Located in horrible part of Lublin, not very clean, girl that worked on night shift wasnt very friendly. Find another place in Lublin.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Meganka

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Last time when I had a trip with friend we went to eastern part of Poland - Lublin is the capital. This hostel located on Lubartowska street is good and cheap for backpackers. We had a multi beds room with others backpackers from different part of world but mostly from Poland. I can recommend this hostel if you need cheap way for sleeping in this city. What can i say about service? It's hostel service :)

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2011

POSITIVES:

Hostel Lublin was really clean and pretty modern for a hostel. It only has a small number of rooms and because of that it had almost a B&B sort of feel, rather than a just normal hostel. It's definitely a lot cleaner and nicer than most hostels.

Breakfast, albeit basic, was included in the price and so was free WIFI - both of which I found beneficial.

The hostel was really close to the bus stations, old town and castle. You could walk to all of these in 5-10 minutes, which made it so easy to get around. However, in saying that, the area isn't the safest (wouldn't walk alone there at night).

The staff were also really friendly and spoke english well. They also helped me out with lots of things, such as given me a towel to use, looking up bus timetables for me (seeing as I couldn't read polish), providing a map of Lublin and letting me use their milk to make a coffee when I arrived :)

NEGATIVES:

There also wasn't the option of a room with a private bathroom and the shared bathroom only had one toilet and one shower to cater for all the rooms. The shower was also broken when I was there which was annoying. But again, those negatives were counteracted by the fact that the bathroom was very modern and the staff kept it impeccably clean.

There is also no lift and I found it a struggle carrying my 25kg suitcase up all the stairs!

There wasn't really a social vibe at the hostel (which didn't bother me as I was after someone just to sleep and relax). But if you're a young single traveller wanting to meet people and party it may not happen here.

Room Tip: I booked the private room (there is only 1 private room as the other 5 rooms are dorms). I found it...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Lublin hostel: a review, stayed four nights, three in a six bed dorm, one in a twin.

Ok, this could be quite a long review, but I am going to try and portray the hostel as fairly as possible.

Location - ok so the hostel is 1Km from the old town and attractions such as the castle. However, the hostel itself is in an exceptionally run down area. I was told that the street it is on has the most crime of any in Lublin. With an abundance of cheap booze shops and intoxicated men wandering around, I had to make sure I wasn't out too late for fear of being mugged. You will constantly hear sirens from police cars / ambulances during the early night. I spent four nights here and on the last one I even had the honour of hearing a car break in being played out (window smashing, car alarm going off, shouting, police siren). Who needs Police, Camera, Action! When you have all that outside your window. Watching the first half hour of 'shooter', I think I heard more sirens outside than in the film.

The rooms - simple facilities, well not even simple if I am honest. In a hostel room, I expect a few things, obviously a bed (theirs are small and have thin, camping like children's mattresses, wooden bunks). Then for security, a locker and a door lock, neither of which this hostel had. There were no lockers, and one key for each room so you could not lock the door to your room unless your group had booked the entire room. Rooms were literally just beds in the dorms and beds with a cabinet in the twin rooms.

Hostel itself - the hostel had some major problems, such as the fact that there was only one toilet and one shower between everyone who was staying. Now when the hostel was empty this was fine. However, when full, as on my last night, it was a queue for everything, especially the shower. Obviously there are some hygiene issues around that as well.... The hostels facilities consisted of a common area with a fridge, microwave, sofas, old computer and a black and white tv. To be honest, the only useful thing was the wifi. No towels provided or available, nothing purchasable at reception (they don't really have a reception, just a girl who sits on the sofas in the common room).

The receptionists, well I am kind of mixed about this. They were nice and helpful when I was there, yet when I was checking in the girl waited until her YouTube video finished before acknowledging me. On a security note, it was entirely possible for someone to wander in off the street without being noticed.

Breakfast - seemed to be a loaf of bread or some rolls distributed on a first come first serve basis. Ie you get up by half eight or you don't get anything (unless you wanted meat pate), also had jam and honey.

So, for me, a solo traveller, this hostel gets one star. It simply isn't fit for purpose - the only caveat to this is if you are in a group which books a room out and therefore can lock their room (and belongings away). Though even then, you had better shotgun the toilet!

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Alexgadgetman

Travelers are raving about these Lublin hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 7, 2010

Great Hostel, Great Staff! When you arrive you are welcomed warmly and when you stay the showers are hot and facilities clean. A+

Stayed December 2009, traveled solo