“One of the best sushi in wroclaw”
Review of Sakana

Sakana
Ranked #177 of 694 Restaurants in Wroclaw
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Iwiny, Poland
“One of the best sushi in wroclaw”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I have been in this place a few times.
Atmosphere and organization of sushi distribution (via small boats) is something uniuqe and worth trying.
Sushi itself is made in front of your eyes and is very tasty (one of the best in wroclaw).

Prices are pretty high (nearly double of what you find elsewhere).

I recommend this place.

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Adorable place, good sushi”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Not the best sushi I have ever tried, but definitely very good one. There are not too many positions in the menu, but I wouldn't say it's limited - it's definitely enough to eat well. Restaurant's decor is really nice - clean, minimal, with "sushi boats" (I don't like them, but it seems that most of the people do). Staff is nice and helpful. Prices are moderate (maybe a bit closer to the "upper bound" for Wrocław, but nothing extreme).

• Visited October 2012
Shanghai, China
“Fresh fish in small town”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I'm a sushi and sashimi eater and definitely know what is good. It's a surprise to me to see at least 4 sushi shops for a 5 minutes walk in a small town of Wroclaw in Poland. I chose Sakana because of bamboo style decoration. Upon entering the shop, I had no expectation from 2 Polish sushi men behind sushi counter. The first impression was numbers of Polish sitting on the counter waiting for sushi to be served. I ordered sashimi of 5 different fishes with the smaller sushi man who can speak English and understand the Japanese sushi name. The first bite of sashimi surprised me how fresh the fishes could be. I tried Tuna-Avocado maki and found it a bit sweet from sushi rice. Finally, I tried unagi sushi again with the smaller sushi man who seems to know sushi better than the taller one. He didn't fail me. It was good. During the dinner, I noticed that Polish like sushi with a lot of sauce or cream based from mayonnaise. They don't eat with shoyu. They offer 5 different cream sauces for sushi. It's a Polish style. The taller sushi man tried to be creative with sushi by serving fried sushi, grilled salmon with fresh quail yolk, sushi with a lot of cream, etc. They also have sushi man specialties for sure with cream sauce.
For any non-Polish, I suggest to order with the smaller sushi man. He is nice and definitely knows what sushi is. This place will be a choice of my meal in Wroclaw.

• Visited February 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great sushi”
Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We love sushi. Visited this place and despite them explaining they hadn't got around to putting English on the menu - it was amazing. The guy making the sushi in front of you spoke good English. We explained what we liked and he went to work in making us a variety of his favourite dishes. DEFINATELY worth a visit if you're in Wroclaw.

Wroclaw, Poland
“Oh, the sushi!”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

It was my first sushi ever, the waitress explained everything to me and my friend - how is it eaten, what we're gonna be served - all the sushi-eating customs. Great place with sushi on the boats floating on a river around the table on which sushi is being prepared on your own eyes by very nice cooks :)

• Visited June 2011