“Hidden jem”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013

You will be pleasantly surprised. The outside is not much to look at but the interior is very unique and old world. Food was very good, nice wine list. Service was very good. I will definitely go back.

1  Thank Patrick M

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My review is based on just one visit there. I was invited to this place for a business meeting. The place is just amazing in terms of the interior decor and original, fairytale like atmosphere. What I ate was also excellent, everyone at my party also enjoyed what they ordered. The place is surely worth a visit.

2  Thank Marek75
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stumbled accross Splendido by pure accident while looking for "The Anonymous Pedestrians" ( a must see). It's a bit off the beaten track but well worth seeking out. It was about to close when we arrived but the chef very kindly agreed to cook for us. We were mesmerized by the decor inside. Everywhere there was something to look at. Even the toilets were amazing with cherubs and painted ceilings and floral napkins and olde world paraphernalia everywhere. There were 6 of us and we all had starters and mains. Every dish that arrived was just delicious. Especially the mushroom soup and the steak. We were looked after by a most friendly, goodhumoured and professional waiter, Philip, who treated us to a lovely after dinner liqueur which we had while sitting upstairs in a beautiful parlour-like balcony area which overlooks the restaurant. You can have private dining in this area or relax on floral armchairs and little couch complete with coffee tables and glasscase adorned with china etc. I returned to Splendido recently with friends for a birthday celebration and they were very impressed. I had booked ahead and ordered a birthday cake. After a superb meal a scrumptuous tirimasu cake arrived with a massive sparkler for the birthday girl. Philip, again, did a great job and helped make the night a special one for all of us as did the chef with his wonderful food. Thank you. Accross the road we found the most interesting row little bars (some of them candlelit) under the railway tracks. We were the only foreigners.Well worth a visit.

1  Thank GERORP
Reviewed March 17, 2012

I liked the food it's very good but expensive and service could me more pleasent

Reviewed January 3, 2011

The restaurant is situated a bit outside of the old town, in the proximity of Arkady shopping centre, several hotels and the main railway station. I stumbled upon it strolling down Swidnicka street with my wife. The interior is somewhat overwhelming with baroque style, but we decided to give it a try anyway. The menu was not too long, which is good. We tried mushroom soup, minestrone, grilled salmon and lamb loin with risotto. The soups were good but with no miracles. The meat, however, was just excellent. The recipes were varietes of Italian cuisine but certainly based on chief's imagination rather than traditions. And I liked it that way.

It should be noted that the place offers excellent service. The waiters are there exactly when needed and only then. They're helpful with choice of food and wines. Really professional!

All in all, the place is definitely worth checking out. Even the decorations being a mixture of grandma's fireplace and Italian mafia boss's residence are quite bearable in the company of good friends and good food. You need to bring the first, but for the latter you can count on Splendido's chief.

2  Thank pj_waw