“Wroclaw accomodation”

Hotel HP Park Plaza
Ranked #14 of 73 Hotels in Wroclaw
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Excellent accomodation in Wroclaw, very close to Rinek and with good fares.
Very quiet, with a fantastic breakfast menu and located near the Odra river, wonderful for footing in the morning. I recommend it as an ideal business travel accomodation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
There are newer reviews for Hotel HP Park Plaza

Reviewed July 12, 2013

nice hotel, ok breakfast.. but there was a long spider web in both our rooms, from the roof.. expect more for a 4 star hotel.. rest of the room was clean............ loctation about 15 min hiking to the main square

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Unflattering exterior but pleasant inside. 10 minutes' walk from the old town and many rooms have view of the Rivwer Odra. Good breakfast with plenty of choice. Only one small bar but prices were reasonable. Staff friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The very first time I entered the bathroom I stepped on a cockroach. The same thing happened to my friend who was staying in a separate room two floors down. That is the most important thing to know about this hotel, but to give you a full picture...
Location is fairly good and you get a nice view from the window if you stay on the top floor. The hotel has ugly interior and exterion and definitely has seen better days and is in urgent need of updating.
The breakfast variety is not really impressive and obviously one coffee maker is not enough for organized tourists groups who stay at this hotel.
I truly do not understand how come it has four stars. Usually you do not find cockroaches in a four star hotel. However, if it had not been for these little creatures, I would call it average but ugly.

Room Tip: I do not know if there is any cockroach-free room available
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Justyna_12
AnnaMarczewska, DeputyGeneralManager/ Sales&Marketing Manager at Hotel HP Park Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

THESE ARE NOT COCKROACHES !!!

Thank you for leaving a comment. All remarks and opinions are very valuable to us.
In response to your opinion I would like to offer an explanation and an official statement by the hotel concerning the issue you touched upon.

First of all, I would like to reassure you, that the creatures you came into contact with were actually cereal ground beetles (Zabrus Gibbus). Due to the hotel’s location near the riverbank, close to the Wyspy Odrzańskie Isles which are brimming with various types of vegetation, in summer, between June and July, these herbivorous beetles indeed do appear in large numbers.
We would like to assure you that our hotel takes all the necessary actions to drive away these insects. The hotel room windows do not open, and the ventilation and air conditioning ducts have tight filters. It is most regrettable that you have had the misfortune to come into contact with these beetles while on the premises of our hotel.

Ladies and gentlemen, please be assured that we do our utmost so that our hotel interiors are kept perfectly clean and the building façade is cleaned several times a year.

Breakfast buffet which we make available to you is varied. It includes, among others: 10 hot meals, including scrambled eggs on ham and butter, 5 types of cured meat, 5 types of cheese, smoked fish, pâtés, 8 types of bread, seasonal fruits, jams and honey, dessert buffet including cakes baked by our hotel confectioner, 4 for types of breakfast cereal, different types of fruit juice and a broad selection of tea. On request, our cooks can prepare omelets and sunny-side up eggs with your favorite ingredients.
As a standard, for our guests’ convenience, the breakfast coffee set consists of:
• Espresso machine by the Swiss company WMF
( 6 types of coffee: cappuccino, latte,mocca, espresso, black, white coffee )
• Coffee maker with breakfast coffee
• In summer months, an additional coffee buffet is placed on the terrace
(breakfast coffee + croissants).

We are very sorry that your assessment of your stay in our hotel was so negative.

We would like to invite you to visit our hotel once again, we promise to do all we can to make amends for your previous, negative impression.

Best regards.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I spent 4 nights here whilst on business. The check in was great, I had a room on the 5th floor. A lovely large double bed which was just so comfortable. The room was clean and well maintained. The bathroom was great too. The public areas were well maintained and all the staff were helpful. Breakfast was a buffet format and of good quality, with plenty of choice. I also loved the location of this hotel as it was just across the bridge from the old town, a 5 minute walk. Wroclaw was a real revelation, lovely restaurants, beautiful buildings, not what I had imagined at all. I will go back as a tourist in the future.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was expecting quite a different quality of this hotel. First off all I got a smoking room (I booked non-smoking room), which was quite unpleasant to discover after a long journey. Of course, they offered me a different room on upper floor (with even better view) right away. Not mentioning that the gloomy receptionist in the evening, by check-in, hadn't smiled once. Anyway, the lady at check-out was friendly and much nicer.

The room(s) is very oldish, nothing like 4* hotel room with super soft, very uncomfortable bed; and the small, very clean, but in desperate need of renovation, bathroom. Rather harsh towels. With the motel-like furniture, awful decor - I couldn't feel comfortable in my room at all.

I will never again book a room at this hotel, there are surely better hotels in Wrocław. The rooms have the greatest view of the old city, but it's too little to make a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 4 nights on the business trip. Primarily chosen this one due to location (just 5 mins from our office), but overall very pleased with experience. The hotel is not expensive at all, but the room was very good (a bit too soft bed though), and the view on the river was amazing. Its a bit out of town, 15 min or so walk from the main square, which wasn't a problem as the weather was good. Did not try restaurant or breakfast so can't comment.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business