See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was new in the city and this was my first visit to this place. I booked this hotel online and was not at all disappointed with my choice. Everything was perfect. Food, services of staff, rooms all was good. No issues of cleanliness or services. All the members of staff are very polite and friendly. They took all the pains to make our stay comfortable. Overall a nice experience and I would strongly recommend this place for all types of travelers.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Jamie G
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I thought the hotel was excellent for what you paid for ? A decent bed, clean sheets and a shower.
The receptionist was "excellent " for information.
One minor thing?
The breakfast maid should try and crack a smile sometimes??

Date of stay: May 2013
1  Thank Copeman
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed there in a triple room for 2 nights with 2 friends. It was a cheap accommodation, and we didn't expect that there will be outstanding service, spotless cleanness or well decorated room.
But we did expect the basic - like for example a proper working shower, not the one that will spray the water all around because of the oldness and rust.
In the other hand we, probably, were lucky that non of us found any bed bug in the bed.
Can't say anything about the breakfast as we were smart enough to refuse it.
For same price I am sure you could find better accommodation in Wroclaw.

Date of stay: March 2012
2  Thank VickyFarFromHome
Reviewed November 3, 2011

My British friend calls it Fawlty Towers but returns there every year. Soon he is coming there again for the sixth time or so.
It was built long before the Second World War so it is some example of past hotel buidings. It is situated in the centre of the city (very close to an excellent opera
ra and Wrocław's night life) but very quiet and screened from noise of streets busy at night and also close to greenery where some wild life goes (one can meet hedgehogs on lawns in front of the hotel at night).
It is a bit old fashioned and in PRL style but cheap and much cleaner and more comfortable than all comparably cheap hotels in London and UK in which I stayed.
I will ask my friend for his review after his stay in the end of November this year ie 2011.
Citizen of Wrocław

Date of stay: November 2011
1  Thank Barbara N
Reviewed July 6, 2008

The entrance says it all about the Savoy really - the facade is old and dirty and you have to enter through a dark, confusing lobby, with no lift up to the first floor reception. (There is a lift from the first floor up to rooms on subsequent floors). The building itself is obviously a left-over from the Communist era and not much has been done to modernise or brighten it up.

Our room was clean, but small and cramped and you had to make your own bed when you arrived. There was only one towel each, rather than a bath and a hand towel. The reception staff spoke a bit of English, but not the lady who brought you breakfast in the restaurant, so our very limited Polish was taxed there.

The price was reasonable, as was the location - about 10-15 minutes walk to the main square and about 10 minutes to the train station. But Wroclaw is such a lovely town and with such a well-developed tourism industry that I'm sure you can do better than the Savoy.

Date of stay: June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank jopycroft