“Where you need to be”

Best Western Prima Hotel Wroclaw
Ranked #29 of 74 Hotels in Wroclaw
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Excellent location with friendly and helpful staff but I agree with other reviewers that the hotel lacks soul or character. Also worth knowing is which room to book .. if you end up in an outwards facing room looking out on to the inner ring road it may be noisy and the room will vibrate disturbingly every time a tram goes by, which is frequently and can be disconcerting at first. Facilities are good.

Room Tip: Don't book an outward facing room and even if you are a smoker avoid the smoking rooms and floor...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 30, 2010

This hotel is much cheaper than by example Radisson Blu in Wroclaw. It's not as luxurious, but it has very good price quality and big rooms. Extra benefit is that it is located very close to the central market square.
The hotel offered free wireless internet.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Hotel is wonderfully situated for Central Wroclaw and the Rynek whioch is only 2 minutes walk away. However it has no soul being a pure business hotel, once in the room you could be anywhere in the world, par for the course i suppose these days. Top tip if you are a light sleeper avoid the rooms that look out over the river and the ring road as you will be kept awake until late by the trams that rumble past, they start again very early in the morning.

Rooms are big, clean and well appointed.Breakfast was good although again restaurant lacked any soul.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2009

Hotel location is great. You do have to pay for parking but everything is walking distance away so you can leave your car at the hotel. Ammeniiies look okay but we didn't stay in hotel long enough to use them - there is plenty to see in the city to stay in your room!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 18, 2009

Can easily walk to the town square (Rynek). Breakfast was fantastic - there was a huge selection!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2008

Location close to centeral square is nice. Only 2 blocks to one of the main gathering areas in the city. This is, however, a case of getting what you pay for. Hotel is clean but dated. Very basic furnishings but has what you need.

Rooms are large - almost too big without the furniture. Tall ceiling in the room classic of an older building

Included breakfast is good - wide selection of typical European breakfast offerings (fruit, breads, yougurt, cereal) plus you can get prepared eggs.

Internet access is wireless and has a good signal - and is included in the rate. For a business traveler (which I am) there are likely better options in Wroclaw than this hotel. No decent work space. Small desk without good lighting and uncomfortable chair.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AMB2
Reviewed July 2, 2007

I have spend last weekend (29-30 June) with my daughter in Best Western Hotel Prima, in Wroclaw, Poland. Unfortunately it was a very disappointing experience. It started all bad with my mistake in booking. I have booked the room one day too early, so I was charged full price for a "No show" night. When I arrived to the hotel I wanted to pay it by the Gold Crown Club voucher, but I was told that it was too late and my card was already charged. OK, it was my mistake.

The rest of our stay was also a disaster. It is rather a hot summer in Poland, so we were careful to book a room with AC. Unfortunately when we arrived the temperature in the room was 27C. We tried to adjust it according to our preferences, that is 18C, but with no success. The night was terrible, as it is not possible to open windows in this hotel. My daughter had to put a wet towel on her head to get asleep. And on the next day we had participated in an international shooting competition, being tired and angry.
At morning I informed the reception that the air conditioning system in my room doesn't work. You guess what was the answer? "Yes we know about this". I demanded that it was repaired immediately. When we arrived in the afternoon it was not. I complained again and a technician arrived and assured me that it would start to work soon. Finally we arrived at midnight and the temperature was still 26.5 C. I asked the receptionist once more for intervention, and after half an hour I was told that we may change the room. As my daughter was already in bed I refused. I requested to see the manager next morning. Next morning however I was told that the manager is not available and we received no apology.

I had a rather good experience with this hotel before so I was shocked. It seems that now this hotel has only rights without any obligations.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family