“Super place , super hotel”

Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town
Ranked #12 of 74 Hotels in Wroclaw
Limerick, Ireland
“Super place , super hotel”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

Wroclaw as a town is beautiful, sofitel as a hotel is also as beautiful. Modern setting with a great restaurant with a superb breakfast buffet. The entire staff are friendly and willing to help with anything. The hotel is situated within less than 5 minutes to the busy square which hosts a big selection of bars, restaurants, clubs and architecture. I highly recommend this hotel but if I could change anything it would be more English speaking channel on the tv in the rooms but that is just a small thing.

Enjoyed this hotel so much, will definitely be back soon !

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JamieWalters2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Sofitel. Excellent location in Old Town Wroclaw, closed to a lot good restaurants and pubs. Very friendly and professional front desk service. Thank you very much! We will come back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Beata K
England
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The hotel is only one minutes walk from the Rynek (main square), so the location couldn't be better as it is surrounded by lots of restaurants and is very close to the major attractions.

We arrived after 9pm and were warmly greeted, but I was surprised by the excessive noise in the atrium where workmen were dismantling some sort of staging after a corporate event. In fact the next day, there was a noisy fund raising event in the atrium which went on throughout the evening. This matters because most of the standard rooms actually look out over the atrium,so will suffer from the noise.

While we were registering it was pointed out to us that the standard room which we had booked only had twin beds and we were offered a free upgrade to a superior room with a king sized bed. Being pensioners, the beds didn't bother us, but obviously no one would turn down an upgrade. While this was being sorted out, I mentioned the noise in the atrium and was assured that it would stop by 10pm. I said that whatever room we had, could it be a quiet one, so we were given a standard room once more, but looking out over a side street which was quiet.

Our room was on the second floor, a non smoking floor, but as soon as we walked in, the smell of cigarettes was really strong. In fact for the next two mornings despite it being January,we opened the window to try and get the smell out.

The room was well appointed, but jaded. there were black marks on the wall where it had been hit by cases and what I at first thought to be a long black hair in the wash basin wasn't, it was a crack running right across the basin.I appreciate that replacing a sink and repainting have to wait for a maintenance round as does the threadbare joins in the corridor carpets, but one aspect of the room could and should have been fixed. One part of the skirting board, which is actually a strip of carpet was hanging off the wall exposing unpainted grey plaster, Presumably knocked off by the maid when vacuuming,so why had she not reported it? It was the sort of thing that even I could have fixed in thirty seconds with a tube of "no nails"

The breakfast was very good, the young staff were very friendly, although the service was rather shambolic. .On the first morning, every time I left the table someone took my napkin away, so I had to take one from a nearby table, I used three in all! On the second morning we were served coffee, but no milk and with no one around, I had to go looking for some. Not to worry though, on the third morning, three different waiters brought jugs of milk to the table.

So all in all, I was not overly impressed, Sofitel can and should do better. Having said that the excellent location made up for the short comings. I did report the problems on check out, I know we could have probably moved rooms if we had reported them earlier, but on a short city break, it wasn't worth the hassle of having to repack and move.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Herriotgirl
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sofitel Old Town Wroclaw. On arrival I was greeted by Dominika at reception who acknowledged my Accor Hotels frequent guest status and very kindly upgraded me to a more spacious room. She also provided a map and overview of all the attractions around Wroclaw as well as the facilities in the hotel.

The room was spotlessly clean, quite big and with a very nice bathroom and shower option. There was a full range of toiletries including soaps, shampoo, shower gels and body cream. A real bonus was the Nespresso machine with an assortment of pods as well as real milk capsules. Also provided each day was a free bottle of still and sparkling mineral water.The TV had a nice range of channels and there was a fully stocked minibar as well.

Sofitel Hotels pride themselves on their beds - I found it a little too soft for my liking, but I slept well with no problems at all and there was a very nice range of pillows to suit every requirement.

Another thing that Sofitel prides itself on is its Magnifique breakfast which was very nice. Actually their plunger coffee was the best that I had in all my stay in Poland and their breakfast is very good. A nice range of fruit and cereals, a very wide range of home made breads.. hot food to order as well as a full assortment of cheese, salmon, salads and olives etc. The waitering staff in the restaurant deserve a special mention! They were so friendly as well as efficient and helpful - making the dining experience at breakfast a real pleasure.

I made use of the gym on one occasion and it is perfectly adequate for a short workout. There is a treadmill, bike and elliptical trainer. There is a full set of free weights and as well as a variable resistance training machine. This is more than adequate to get a good workout and there are fresh towels and a cold water dispenser.

Finally the location is excellent! It is literally a few steps from the Old Town Square. There is also a very nice Georgian restaurant right across from the hotel as well as a convenience store right in the hotel itself.

Overall a really enjoyable stay and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the wonderful city of Wroclaw.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Nice enough hotel. A little sterile and corporate (as all the Accor hotels tend to be) but you can't beat the location. Biiig breakfast.

Only downside - we had a non-smoking room, but it clearly had been smoked in before so was musty.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TootingMike
Artmann-Sofitel, Manager at Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Traveller, thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad you took advantage of our "big breakfast" offer- we are really proud of it- as well as the location in the very heart of the city. Let me wish you many happy travels for 2014 and look forward to welcome you again soon. Kind regards,
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Just came back from the city break and stayed in Sofitel Wroclaw Old Town. Excellent hotel with excellent food and very friendly staff. Also unique opportunity to have Balinese massage done, in the middle of Europe, by the friendly Bali born massage staff. We will be back. :)

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms with city view.