“May 2013”
Review of Friends Hostel

Friends Hostel
Ranked #7 of 138 Specialty Lodging in Wroclaw
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Lovely apartment in the center of town, overlooking the main square. Very friendly staff. Wish they had a TV channel with the news in English, but it's not a big deal at all. It's in a fairly lively location, so don't expect a quiet Saturday night due to ambient noise.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed in a one bedroom apartment with my boyfriend for three nights and loved it. Don't be put off by having to go around the back of the building. We arrived in the pouring rain and I have to admit I was a little downhearted at seeing the back of the building and the corridors inside the building. But the apartment itself was fab. Spotlessly clean throughout, very spacious, views across Plac Solny and further onto Rynek which are the main squares. We explored the city widely which was made very easy from our position in the beautiful main square.Everything appeared to be brand new. Apartment has original features with high ceilings and exposed brick. I emailed the hostel who run the apartment we stayed in several times before we arrived with niggling questions and they answered within minutes with very precise answers. We picked up our room key from the hostel and they gave us perfect instructions in how to get to the apartment which was less than a five minute walk away from the hostel. The kitchen was fully equipped with all utensils and crockery you could need. Though we didn't eat in as it was so cheap to eat out. We just used the fridge and glasses, including the shot glasses. It would be rude not to have some flavoured vodka whilst you're in Poland! Even has a washing machine and dish washer so if you are staying a little longer I can see these would come in handy. Washing powder is even provided. It was a little more expensive than we initially planned on spending, but when we saw the great reviews and location, we just had to book it. Amd we're so glad we did! Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful and always available. Location was excellent.
I slept in a dorm room. As it was low season, I had the room for myself. The room faces away from the street so I wasn't disturbed by traffic. Other rooms might not have this luxury.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Do not book with Friends Apartments; if you must and would like to sleep in a clean apartment on a real bed, make sure you email and confirm that you are staying at the Plac Solny apartment. The apartment at Plac Solny is large and nicely furnished, with a living/dining space, a large bathroom and a separate sleeping area. If you do not confirm this, you may be moved to a different apartment on the Rynek. This apartment, though only about 5-7 dollars a night cheaper than the Plac Solny apartment, is not terribly clean, has a tiny bathroom and has only an uncomfortable sofa bed to sleep on that does not fit the sheets provided. My husband and I booked another night at Friends after a wonderful first stay, only to find ourselves in this unfortunate situation. The manager, of course, refused to take responsibility even though I was able to provide my confirmation emails. I will say that the young woman who worked at the front desk on 3/31 was sweet, helpful and empathetic. The other staff we have met at Friends also seem kind and competent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KateSnow83
Reviewed March 28, 2013

First and as other comments, the name of the hostel is well chosen: Friendly Hostel. They were all really helpful and nice, thanks again!
Also, in high or low season the the price is worth it for the services. It is a nice place to stay to spend good time and to visit Wroclaw as well as others activities.
For the condition of the hostel it is as good as new, well equipped and clean. Moreover the localization is really a great deal: 1 min to the transport and 5 min to the main place.
So thanks to all of you and see you again on my way back to Wroclaw!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2013

It was low season when I was there. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. The price is decent and the location is simply brilliant. It's literally five minutes walk to the centre of old town. Tons of clubs and cafes around. Really nice!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is definitely one of the most homliest hostels I have stayed in. I am here midweek so it is quiet. The staff are very helpful and friendly. They provide excellent information about Wroclaw and help encourage a passion for exploring this city. The hostel is very clean and much of the facilities are new. Perfect location, a stones throw from the city centre, bars and restaurants. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo