“Modern and superb”
Review of PURO Hotel

PURO Hotel
Ranked #5 of 75 Hotels in Wroclaw
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

​This ​poor-star qualification is only to catch your attention. Because regarding to me, I love Puro Hotel.​ What you will find here is a honest review, where upsides and downsides are up to you.
Everything changes, and so do the hotels. Puro Hotel is the vanguard of it. Hotels with big rooms, marble everywhere, and plenty of bellboys are in the past. Puro Hotel is modern bauhaus style in shocking yellow with top high-tech facilities, and all mostly unattended replaced by technology.
Want to turn on the lights, make a phone call, set up alarm? For all of this there's a tech toy on the wall. If you barely know how to use your remote control, you're gonna have a bad time here.
Any room is perfect, on one side with a view to the pubs, on the other side with a view to the park and the river. Breakfast is superb -> must try the spicy wraps.
The hotel is situated next to the most popular pubs, and 5 minutes walking from the market square (Rynek).
For business or pleasure, must stay in Puro Hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank renhoek00
LukaszPiekarski, General Manager at PURO Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear renhoek00,

thanks for your stay and opinion. We also appreciate your cleverness, butI only hope it will not create a new trend on TRipAdvisor :).
Most important is you really like us and appreciate our work and effort put to the project.
You should visit us again in Summer and check our sundecks in the garden :)

Lukasz Piekarski

Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed February 9, 2014

we stayed for 5 days over the New Year period. Very clean modern hotel. We requested a high room and got it. Although the room was quite small, it had some great features, Free Wifi, Free international calls, and access to internet via the Ipad, as well as the cool things like changing the colour of the lights. The heated floor in the bathroom was also nice.

The location of the hotel was great, literally over the road from where you leave the train station after getting the train from the airport. 5-10 mins walk to the Square, which is not bad at all.

Check in wasn't untill 3, which I think is a bit late, but it was not a big problem as we could just leave our bags and go for a walk or some food until later.

Never ate or drank in the bar area, but it looked like the rest of the hotel, clean and modern, used the free hot drinks machine a few times, although the chocolate based drinks seemed to taste a bit off at times.

Bed very comfortable, especially pillows.

Would highly reccommend

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vest-Guy

Dear Hannah T,

thank you very much for your stay and positive review.
We are glad to hear you liked us and most of the solutions.
You should definitely visit us again.
Maybe in Krakow or in Poznan (opening in July 2014). I think these cities will be also interesting for you. Nevertheless we hope to see you again soon,

regards,

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed at puro from sat 26 jan 14 - wed 30th jan 14, this hotel is lovely and relaxed, very nice rooms, free tea coffee etc, fruit, water in your room and staff most of all are very helpful and pleasant, I enjoyed my realaxed stay at puro and would defiantly reccomend this hotel the staff can't do enough to help, free wifi, iPads in sitting area in reception 1st class

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LukaszPiekarski, General Manager at PURO Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Jambonik,

thank you very much for your kindly words about us.
We are really happy hearing so many positive words,
It will surely motivate us to increase the level of guest's satisfaction in a close future.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We arrived at the hotel about 4 hours ahead of check in and yet they found us a room immediately and so we had an extra few hours to enjoy. Check in itself took me a bit by surprise as there's no desk as such, what happens is that the staff help you register yourself and in our case because we were early they allocated us a room, Free coffee/ hot chocolate machines are welcome (you get 5 free ones each per day). Rooms very modern with glass shower/ w.c room as per official photos - there's a curtain if you want a bit more privacy of course. Nice under-floor lighting and heating, control panel in the room for temperature lights tv everything! That takes a little getting used to but it's all intuitive. Location fine, equivalent of 60p each on the bus to get from airport if you're brave enough! Didn't book breakfasts as part of our deal but still bought some on the day as they were good (£9 equivalent each). Wroclaw itself is lovely like Prague without the stag parties, fantastic architecture, lots of bars, restaurants, cafes all very reasonably priced, shops, dwarves, yes dwarves - dwarf spotting is the local pastime (over 200 miniature bronze statuettes in different poses with different professions!!!). Military museum fab, zoo is great, "Capital of culture" in 2016 ... might head back, nice 5 night trip we had. Would recommend it

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
LukaszPiekarski, General Manager at PURO Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear bluntyg,

thank you for the 5 nights stay @ PURO. I'm really happy hearing you had a nice stay with us. We strongly recommend to visit us again in Summer. Green garden full of flowers, comfy sundecks and relaxing terrace will wait for you :)

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I just got home after spending 5 nights at Puro and had such an amazing time I've had to record it. The hotel is amazing, very modern, superb and friendly staff, great location only a few minutes from the centre and in a pretty cobbled street full of restaurants. Our room was fabulous, overlooking the river. I have read a few complaints about the modern glass bathroom, but actually really liked it. a curtain pulls across for privacy, but otherwise feels like the room is bigger than it actually is. The room has a huge smart tv, about 6 english channels that showed plenty of movies but ask at reception for a keyboard if you want to use any of the smart functions to access the internet. There is a socket next to the bed that has hookup for HDMI, PC VGA and the composite cables as well as a USB charger. there is even a usb port on the wall next to the tv for your usb stick. lights, air conditioning, concierge etc.. all taken care of by an ipad like interface on the wall. Took us a while to figure out how to get free wifi then realised there is a messages section on this panel, which had the wifi password. Your room key accesses everything, doors, lifts, lights and even free hot drinks from the machine in reception and bar. The restaurant was amazing, we hardly ate out as the food was so good here and very cheap. The staff were superb, from the cleaners who kept our room immaculate, to reception who sorted out our taxi to the airport this morning, and the wonderful people in the bar and kitchen. everyone spoke amazing English, even though I did try a little Polish and was even given some help by a friendly barman in the restaurant. There was some noise on Friday and Saturday night from the club next door until 0630 in the morning, but we accepted that it was the weekend and didn't spoil our trip. I loved the auto lights and the light up pebble floor in our room. The shower has to be the best shower I have ever used. There are even free ipads in the reception area if you need them. Wroclaw is a beautiful city and I found that as I struggled to speak Polish, everyone helped me out by speaking English. The fact that all the Christmas decorations are up until early February only added to the magic. Puro is surrounded by amazing history, beautiful sights, close to some great shopping malls and fabulous food. The only thing missing is you should have your own Wroclaw Gnome. We're already planning a return trip in the summer. Dziekuje bardzo.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ClelX
LukaszPiekarski, General Manager at PURO Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear CleIX,

thank you for staying with us and finding time to share your experience with the others.
It's really a big pleasure for me to read so many positive feed-back about us. It's very motivating and helpful. Can't wait your next stay in PURO :),

regards,

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

My favourite hotel in Wroclaw. Been there a couple of times and every single time nothing to put a finger on. Everything is just excellent. Love this place and would definitely recommend people to stay here if they wanna have something extraordinary in the middle of old town..

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DBP1984
LukaszPiekarski, General Manager at PURO Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear DBP1984,

thanks for your next stay and review. Hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Out of all cities that I love in Poland, Krakow and Wroclaw are not the top of my list. This was a last minute choice, but was I right this time? Yes it was a great choice. I did not have to check in at the reception but did a self check in at the station that remained me and Apple store counter. Card appeared from under the table form a slot and I was on my way to the room. Everything in the room was modern, computerised liquid sensor on the wall allowed to manage all major functions of the room, including all kids of shades of lightning and temperature. I can even receive mail on it and TV controlled from there as well. It was a SMART HOUSE kind of equipment, I have in my house back home, so it was easy to adjust. For advanced people this will be a kick. Everything else was also done in that manner. You can get your coffee from a great MWF coffee machines downstairs with the help of the card from your room. Breakfast was nice, stuff is friendly. I will recommend this hotel easily.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Mikhailruss

Dear Mikhailruss,

thank you very much for your choice of PURO and positive opinion. We try to do our best to satisfy our guests, so I'm very happy hearing you were happy of the stay. Hope to see you again in PURO Krakow or Wroclaw.