“Very modern, clean but too unpersonal for me” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of PURO Hotel

PURO Hotel
Ranked #2 of 73 Hotels in Wroclaw
Brussels
“Very modern, clean but too unpersonal for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

You find more and more of those design hotels here everything is automated, even check in...I am not found of it and consider a warm welcome and a smile by far better than a touchscreen. The location is great though, in the very center, in front of the old jewish center and still very quite.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear head to a quite park, much better than at the front overlooking the busy street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Myself and my partner booked a room here for one night in September of this year 2012. The location was good and the styling of the hotel is nice but the service is shoddy and it is not very clean. Our room was on the rear of the hotel, there were spiders all over the room, inside and outside the window, I dont have a fear of spiders but I have never seen so many spiders in one place at the same time before.

My partner has a fear of spiders so we brought this to the attention of the manager a young polite guy in his mid 20's who at first seemed very apologetic and offered to change our room and offered a complimentary drink and breakfast which we accepted, but when the evening came and we enquired about the complimentary drink the member of staff on the evening shift knew nothing about it, we then as a matter of principle asked to see the night manager a female in her mid to late 20's who came along after 15 minutes and told us she didn't know anything about a complimentary drink or breakfast and it wasn't put on the system, after this we paid for our drink and didn't bother asking about the breakfast due to the embarrassment caused about the free drink.

In short, the hotel is not cheap by Polish standards and I would expect much better service and a clean room as standard, I've stayed in hostels which were cleaner and offered better service.
Besides all the fancy lighting and modern decor the Puro Hotel was a disappointing let down.

Room Tip: Spend your money elsewhere!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank IrishTom32
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Despite the freezing cold spell they had in february we found the hotel very warm and comfortable. This is a veer modern hotel yet luxurious hotel. The check in was difficult. When We arrived despite the member of staff being at the check in desk they made us check in ourselves in their system.
Apart from that minor inconvenience we found the hotel to be of high quality.the room is compact but brilliantly laid out and fab lighting. The bathroom was very unusual but we loved it. It was a glass box in the room, let's say you want to be quite friendly with whomever you decide you want to share the room with.
The in room display we found very useful to remind us that it was -21 outside! You can also use that display to check out, get in for, book taxis etc..
The reception area has ipads with free Internet and this came very handy to look fir restaurants and other places of interest.
The breakfast was veer unusual but we loved it. Don't expect your usual fry and cereal. You are presented with sandwiches, wraps typical from the area, coffee machines that you handle yourself, cakes etc... Very interesting.
Would recommend this hotel to anybody

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AlphaB
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I spent a weekend here, and loved it.

Prior to visiting, I emailed a couple of questions the them, and got a reply within the hour, even though it was pretty late at night I sent them...this gave me a good clue to the quality of service I could expect, and I wasn't disappointed.

From the ease of checking in (I had a slight problem with my confirmation number, which was solved by the concierge instantly), until I checked out, the hotel was fantastic.
My only criticism was that the room doesn't have a bath, and after a *long* day exploring Wrocław I would have killed for a long soak...still, the powerful shower shook out any cobwebs I had.

The glass-walled bathroom took some getting used to, but I liked the sensors that automatically raise the lights as you approach.

As many people have said, this place is chock full of gadgets, including free to use iPads in the lobby, 42" TV in the room (with a great selection of HD channels), and a touch panel in the room which allows you to control everything, including the air-con, light dimmer/light colours, room service, and even checking out if you wish.

I had a room at the rear of the hotel, overlooking the courtyard, and this meant there was absolutely no noise overnight what-so-ever.

Lots of AV ports next to the bed, along with at least four power sockets for charging all my gear up at night.

I opted not to pay up front for breakfast (didn't know how hungover I was going to be each day...) so paid each time, but it was a large selection of very nice sandwiches, along with scrambled egg with some kind of sausage/hotdog type things? and at 40zł (around £7.50) for all you can eat, was always a good start to the day.

The location was a short 25/30 mins by bus from the airport (3zł - 59p) followed bya short walk from the stop, and only a couple of minute walk from the main market square.

I have stayed in a few good hotels in my time, but this one was absolutely brilliant, and a steal at the £143(ish) I paid for three nights.

Oh, and after checkout, they kept my bag safe in a locked room for several hours until I was dues to fly out, and didn't charge a penny extra.

In short, if you're visiting Wrocław, look no further than here.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, but there is no street noise what so ever if you get the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank chrismcphie
Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We really enjoyed this place and it was probably represented the best of all the places we stayed our eastern european trip!

It's located in a pleasant district of the city centre, with it's grounds backing on to the historic promenade. The main railway station was around 20 minutes walk away, but could probably be reached faster by tram.

The automated check in was very straightforward and all the staff working the reception area were friendly, professional and happy to assist. It was immediately apparent that Puro has been designed to a very high standard, with light and airy public areas and comfortable contemporary furniture.

Although our room was perhaps smaller than we were expecting, the use of space, level of comfort and attention to detail easily compensated for this. The bed looked really luxuriant and even though we discovered we had only been given a single duvet for a double bed, the hotel staff quickly sorted out us with an additional one! The glass shower complete with modesty curtain (should you not know your partner that well) was really powerful and an a pleasure to use!

It was great been able to pick up a full range of British radio stations through the TV, although we did find the interactive panel, controlling the lighting etc. a bit difficult to use with some of the commands seemingly in Polish only?

We paid extra (40zl? per person) for breakfast the following morning which although on the higher side for Poland was good quality and value for money. Complimentary coffee and tea (and large green apples) we discovered were available all day in the reception area.

All in all, we were very impressed with the facilities, standard of service and excellent value for money. We'd be keen to go back should we make a return visit to Wroclaw.

Room Tip: Rooms facing onto the street were well insulated from noise and relatively quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Franny24
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

If you are a tech enthusiast like I’m you can’t go wrong with Puro Hotel. Just as you enter you can see a spacious reception, which actually is self check-in desk. In the lobby I-pads are available to browse through main attractions of the city. If you get tired you can go and make yourself a coffe/tea/chocoloate from the machine, activated by your keycard.

When it comes to the rooms. Well, they are not the biggest ones, but ones of the best I’ve visited. Style is just great. You can choose for different light schemas. Bathroom is very clean and with translucent glass so you can see everything from the room (and vice versa). You can take shower while watching TV (though curtain can be put if you are sharing a room).

Room itself is very modern with LCD control panel, iphone dock for your music, quite large TV.
Prices for this room are very reasonable and you really get what you pay for. Down the street there are different bars and shops on the corner where you can buy groceries if needed.

Bus stop that will take you directly to the airport is just couple of minutes away.
Overall, great place to stay for a weekend visit – gives you everything you need to rest after long day of sightseeing.

Room Tip: I think garden view is better.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

This state.of-the-art hotel is in the old Jewish quarter directly opposite the White Stork Jewish cultural centre in the old synagogue. Visitors are out of the noise and bustle of the city centre but a mere five minutes walk away. Everything is immaculate here and if you have problems with the electronic chip card there are plenty of helpful staff available. (The hotel room card also give you five free drinks on your stay, so take one card per visitor!). There's a restaurant/bar where you can get snacks and breakfast but if you're looking for more atmosphere you'd probably prefer to go to a café across the road, or into the town centre. The staff booked us a taxi to the airport because we were flying very early. It cost around 90 Zloty. You can do this for a mere 3 Zloty (!) if you take the airport bus 406 from the station which departs every 20 minutes! (Have small change ready because the machine in the bus does not take notes).

Room Tip: When we checked in we asked for and received a room at the back of the hotel overlooking the garden...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple