“Nice place in great location”
Review of AS Apartments

AS Apartments
Ranked #50 of 135 Specialty Lodging in Wroclaw
Szczecin, Poland
“Nice place in great location”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I spent 3 weekends during last year in AS Apartaments. What was important for me was location. There is no better place in Wroclaw than the Market Square. Love the place. So there is huge plus for it. Apartments were good. Very large with everything me and my friends needed. Comfortable beds, kitchen with all you need. We had great time there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Grzesiek19

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I recently spent four nights in Fredro apartment through AS Apartments in Wroclow. It was a horrible experience. My choice of this property was based on its location, the availability of a washing machine and a terrace. The location is good but otherwise the place was a disaster. The entrance to the apartment is in a small passage off the square which is apparently the local vagrant latrine. Once inside, the halls and stairways were very dirty. One time I accidently swiped the side of the staircase and some slimy substance came off on my hand. I don’t want to know what it was.
Inside the apartment was not much better. While it could have been a sweet little apartment with a little care it was a shambles. The sheets were far too small for the mattress, the two of us were allotted one medium towel each; no wash cloth, no hand towel. For a bathroom floor that got very slippery when wet there was no bathmat. The cold water pressure was very low and the hot water very hot which made washing and showering difficult, especially since the hand-held shower head was continually falling off.
When we arrived there was a large infant’s play pen in the middle of the living room. When I went back to the AS office to ask that it be removed they seemed bothered that I had annoyed them about this and only after a long discussion between them did one of them agree to come and remove it. When I asked about the non-existing washing machine their response was a vague “yes, I guess there was one there once but not now.” Their lack of concern was astonishing. It is still pictured on their web site.
The terrace would have been pleasant had it ever been swept and if it had any furniture. Except for a broken dryer rack (a remnant of the now gone washing machine no doubt) there was no furniture making the area completely useless.
The final indignity was the kitchen. No coffee pot. When I looked at a pot to consider boiling water it was filthy with disgusting cooked on encrusted food. There was no dish towel and in addition to some varied wine classes there was three small mismatched tumblers—the total extent of our glassware.
On our final morning at about 5:00 a.m. some apparently drunk individual got in the building and was banging on our door screaming someone’s name. I feared for the doors reliability and our safety. This occurred twice within a twenty minute period. Since there is no peep hole in the door we simply waited it out and eventually he went away. This intrusion was not surprising as the front door of the building did not lock properly and could easily be pushed open.
All in all, an unpleasant interlude in an otherwise wonderful trip to Poland. Do not use AS Apartments!

Room Tip: Use anyone else.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank James G
New York
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We are at the Fredro apartment right now The location is good but that's it. When I booked there was to have been a washing machine which is an important feature since we travel light. There is none. When I asked the uncaring staff they said there might have been one once but no more. The terrace is devoid of any tables or chairs rendering it completely useless. There is a total of three unmatched glasses. It is impossible to stand up straight in the shower. And so on. Avoid this outfit, at any price they are a ripoff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dan612
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is a first time I'm writing a review here, but I feel like many people who are planning to go to Wrocław should be warned. I booked the Highlander Apartment for eight people a month before my weekend trip, and I got a call for confirmation a day before we got there and I confirmed we'd be arriving at 2PM. When we got to the apartment, it was simply. Nothing was done after the previous guests left (I mean filthy bed sheets, towels, dishes). I had to make a call to have the cleaning lady come over, and of course we didn't want to wait until she's done, so we had to leave all of our stuff with her. But the worst part (something that was already mentioned by one of the reviewers) were the drunks sleeping outside our door, grabbing the door handle and pooping almost outside our door (do I have to explain how disgusted and unsafe I felt over there?). The location was good, of course, and you can't avoid drunks on the city square, but what can you expect when the front door is open all day and anyone is welcome to come in a do their thing? We were leaving at 12 so we didn't really get to talk to the owners (they open at 2PM, which is odd, I guess it's because they don't want to deal with unhappy guests), so I e-mailed them and explained everything. No reaction, of course. In short, the apartment owners apparently think that location does the job for everyone. Well, it doesn't. Huge disapointment!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Skiathos, Greece
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We booked Svewska IV - or room 404, with a balcony and a view of the church square - only to end up being placed in Svewska I - room 401, and a nice view of the back of some offices and a rusting cooling tower. The apology and explanation was - 'we tried to contact you' - We had one missed call from a Polish number and no follow up, or even a text, or e-mail message in the five days that followed. They even changed the booking on their website - luckily we had a hard copy of the account details which we booked - Not that it did us any good - Great customer service ...
Well the apartment 'may still have someone in it as we are early' (3pm) did not set the scene well. However when we arrived the apartment was empty, but no cotbed as requested and confirmed on booking. OK so we can make do.
The internet lasted 24 hours before it stopped - We called the management, the router was in room 404 (Where we should have been, and probably too was the cotbed etc) Still great news, the cleaners were to be sent to get it going.
Shame the cleaners did not clean, (They never paid us a visit at all) When we arrived many of the plates, dishes, surfaces were dirty in 401 (Even though there is a dishwasher) Worksurfaces - Ok hard to see on grey granite, but the mould in the fridge and drip trays was evident to the eye. One of the toilets too, had clearly passed the cleaners by before we arrived.

We took this up with the management - there was a shrug and that was it. No apology or any effort to make things better.

Would love to say better, It has a great location, but the truth is it could and should have been much better, like it seems on the rather swish website ...

Room Tip: Check your booking daily on their website, for any amendments you have not made.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SkiathosLover1
yorkshire
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Stayed in the sunflower apartment on solny square , above the john bull pub . First thing to say is the company where excellent , they arranged our transfers , only 50zl for 4 adults ,we landed at 1.30am and driver was waiting for us . At the apartment in 15mins , dropped bags and straight out as the town was still vibrant (friday night) and the setting on solny square stunning . Such a picturesque and friendly place , and food and drink so. cheap . The apartment is big and roomy , well equipped and decorated and has amazing views . Only very minor negative is a tenant before us had damaged a couple of doors that made you wonder who couldn't appreciate such a lovely place . Went with teenage kids 19 & 20 who loved the bars and clubs , us oldies explored the town , buildings,canals,gardens & zoo all excellent . We put a padlock on the ostrow tumski bridge a romantic gesture that's put me in good books for years to come . So go to wroclaw you will fall in love with it and I highly recommend this apartment . Steve

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank crowebanger
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I do not usually write reviews on places I have stayed but I feel I have a duty to inform people of the standard of these apartments. Firstly the good bits, they are in a very central location and have a lovely view of the old square, and the price is very cheap. Now the bad bits, the entrance and stairs up to the apartments are covered with tramps and are filthy and smell very bad indeed, we stayed there as a group of friends all males and still the walk up to the apartment was rather scary with drunk tramps trying to get money or cigarettes from you! Even had to step over people sleeping in front of the door to our apartment, also the stairs haven't got any lighting so your negotiating your way past sleeping tramps in the dark!! Like i said we were a group of male staying there and just put up with it for the duration of our 3 night stay but if I'd f arrived there with my girlfriend there is no way I'd of stayed, we would have been forced to book in somewhere else. The apartment itself was average, the carpet in the lounge area was filthy but the bathroom was ok. AS do have a number apartments around Wroclaw so maybe the standards do vary, I can only comment on the one we stayed in and I can honestly say that it is the worst place I have ever stayed! If anyone reading this wants to contact done hesitate to do so and i'll email you the pictures of the apartment and the tramps sleeping outside the front door. contact me on [--]

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends