“First night in Wroclaw”

Ranked #581 of 745 Restaurants in Wroclaw
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is located in the center of the main square and main tourist attraction of Wroclaw. Looks very interesting and welcoming from outside however when you decide to eat there it is a big disapointment. Very bad quality of food and service. You can find some negative reviews of this restaurant on other travel directories. I think this shall be presented here as a warning for all foreign tourists to avoid this place. Great location and good outlook seems to be a trap which can destroy your holidays in such beautiful place as Wroclaw.
Wichita, Kansas
“First night in Wroclaw”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Had a very nice meal there with my daughter and son in law.
Very interesting bar and restaurant basically in the old basement or crypt underneath City Hall. This place has been a restaurant / bar since the 12 century. Very good typical Polish menu prepared very well. Reasonably priced but I thought everything was very reasonable in Poland.

• Visited April 2014

• Czech first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“A must in Wroclaw”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

In my opinion, this is the most beautiful restaurant and bar I've seen in Wroclaw. It is placed in the main square but it's not the typical restaurant you can find in there. This is THE RESTAURANT.

Outside it looks like a bar but when you get in, you get surprised. You feel like if you were in another age and the decoration is simply amazing. The part of the restaurant is the most beautiful but you can go to the bar room and just have a beer with friends. I only have been eating one time and the food is delicious and not so expensive like anyone could expect. When you hear that this is one of the oldest bar in Europe you think it will be very expensive. But it's not. Most expensive dish, which is wild boar, it's about 12£.

However, most of the times I visited this bar for having beers or cocktails. I love that you can have a Pina Colada or Mojito from just 10zl (2£). You also can order hot chocolate, which is very tasty.

To sum up: a magic restaurant/bar and a must in Wroclaw

• Visited September 2013
Norwich, Norfolk
“amazing food, great atmosphere”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

A great atmosphere, the restaurant is underground in a crypt , the staff are attentive and helpful. I had the pork and beetroot which was great. My OH had the caramel chicken which he said was awesome, ( I tried a bit , too sweet for me ) Our friends had the sole which was good and the trout ( a bit tasteless , but then river fish always is ) All well presented. We finished with Vodka liqueurs in the adjacent bar which was which was lovely too.It was a reasonable price, we returned the next night This is in the main square so a bit more expensive .

• Visited May 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic Venue”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is not just another restaurant in the main square, it is a underground cave like tavern. The atmosphere was a buzz with laughter, the food was very nice, the service good until the bill came. The waiter, who was very pleasant until then, wanted more euros then required and refused to give us the correct change. So what was a very pleasant experience ended on a very sour note. This very sad, greed and money, yet again. Bad luck....

• Visited May 2014
Inverness, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic venue!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Wow what a fantastic venue, waiters were very polite, although we did have to wait about 35 mins for our meal (husband did order steak). But when the food came it was delicious, my daughter's had Spaghetti Carbonara, it was delicious, my son had ribs, also delicious and I had the pork loin which was also very tasty. It was quit busy when we were in and we were in no rush, we were enjoying our surroundings x

• Visited April 2014