“Very disappointed visit , one of worst meals we had in our life”
Review of Piwnica Swidnicka

Piwnica Swidnicka
Ranked #607 of 786 Restaurants in Wroclaw
Cuisines: Polish
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is located in the center of the main square and main tourist attraction of Wroclaw. Looks very interesting and welcoming from outside however when you decide to eat there it is a big disapointment. Very bad quality of food and service. You can find some negative reviews of this restaurant on other travel directories. I think this shall be presented here as a warning for all foreign tourists to avoid this place. Great location and good outlook seems to be a trap which can destroy your holidays in such beautiful place as Wroclaw.
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

We went for a meal there. Service was ok. We order gulash soup which was nice :) after eating soup we had spaghetti carbonara which taste like cream was long after date or maybe whole meal was sitting in fridge for couple of days after being prepared :(
We had bbq ribs too. You would imagine them very juicy and moist ?? But they was hard as rock and no moisture in them. I have tried but it was impossible to enjoy that meal. We asked for manager and told him to try to taste it and asked him for taking it from our bill. He was polite and didn't make any problems with our request. Just dont understand how in such a great location in lovely looking cellars converted to a restaurant food is soo horible .
Avoid this place if don't want be disappointed .

Reviewed December 22, 2013

We tried 3 different soups. Overall good, but the soup was not as hot as it could have been. The Cheesecake for dessert was very good. It has an Interesting atmosphere. Drinks were good with Good beer and a Nice variety of vodka.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Last day in Wroclaw- we went to Piwnica Swidnicka for a nice meal- this was a misteak
I had lamb apparently from New Zeland this was served with bean sauce- couldnt eat that there was a very strong taste of vinegar that didnt go with lamb at all, well nothing would go with this lamb anyway they absolutely killed the meat it was chewy i couldnt cut it in small pieces I gave up and i eat some potatoes for my dinner, my boyfriend ordered traditional pork chop- kotlet schabowy. This was probably prepared few days before and reheated- again chewy and thin as paper.food was horrible we asked for a bill, wanted to pay with a card but waiter told us they accept only cash! I told waiter that he should mention this to us on the beggening- he said that this slipped his mind- there was 4 people in restaurant and he was basically doing nothing. The worst food the worst service, we will never go back there and i am still hungry!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

To be honest: it's pretty expensive for the Polish standard, but it's worth it and still affordable! Nice decorations, a nice wine card and a menu that is much better than the ones in other locations, furthermore you can choose between much more dishes and not only between pierogi and bigos.
I had traditional roulades that were incredibly delicious, that was the Polish food I had searched for. Friends of mine ordered fish and were satisfied as well.
The only problem - except for the price - was the waiting time. The waiter was friendly but took his time.
Still, atmosphere and food made the stay in Piwnica Swidnicka really pleasant.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Went there as I love old traditional places. Was not really expecting extraordinary food, just the atmosphere and the feeling of history. The interior was nice enough, although a bit empty in the early evening. I imagine that it's much livelier once it gets crowded.
The waiter came and warned me that it was not possible to pay with a credit card that day. I appreciated it, as I've been in situations where I'd only find that out at the end.
The home brewed beer was good, and I ordered some pierogi as well as pork knuckle (was famished). The pierogi were delicious, and I enjoyed them until I noticed that the few bits of what I took to be herbs on top were in fact short pieces of wire. There were three of them in total. My best guess was that they came off a metal wire sponge (is that what you call it?) that is used to scrub frying pans.
I called the waiter, tried to explain the situation. He listened then took my plate without a word. I stood there for a couple of minutes, more amused than annoyed (although a bit worried at the thought that I might have accidentally a wire :) ), wondering whether I should go as no one seemed to get back to me.
A few more minutes later the waiter came with the pork knuckle. I asked about the pierogi, and I was assured that I don't have to pay for them. I had pretty much taken that for granted - what I really wanted was to make sure no one else was eating from the same batch. After a bit of pantomime I realized that they had thrown away the whole batch, so that was that.
The pork knuckle was ok (I've had better though) and huge (which I expected it to be). I couldn't eat even half of it, but it hit the spot after a whole day of walking.
Afterwards I asked for the check, paid and left. Did not feel a tip was appropriate under the circumstances.
Would I go back? Not really - and not because of the metal pierogi. I would maybe check it again a few years from now. The food was not bad, it's a nice, ok place, great decorations, but I felt like they don't even try. Which is a pity, given the great history behind the restaurant.

1  Thank adancau