“Very good beer and food”

Bernard Pub- Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 698 Restaurants in Wroclaw
Cuisines: Polish, European, Czech, Eastern European, Central European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: BERNARD PUB-RESTAURANT is the only place with such a good atmosphere in the heart of Wroclaw' s Town Square. It is a restaurant with a wide variety of beer, offering a great selection of European cuisine, with Czech cuisine taking a special place. Bernard makes its Guests feel comfortable, relaxed - here you can unwind and just chill out.Pleasing to the ear music in the background(on selected days live music)and behind a glass wall a unique view -right down to the colourful and dynamic market square of Wroclaw,create Bernard' s tranquil atmosphere. Friendly, competent and helpful staff, exceptional cuisine, delicious non-pasteurized beer and the unique atmosphere of Bernardoffers an unforgettable experience!
Iwiny, Poland
“Very good beer and food”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I have visited this place a few times.

The food is very good no matter what you choose. Even better is beer which is excellent. Service is friendly even if you travel with kids (which makes most of the restaurants not like you).

• Visited August 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food in the old town square”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My partner and I have been in Bernard a few times and the food has always been very good. It´s our first choice every time we are in Wroclaw.
The restaurant is located in the old town square so make sure you get the table in the bay window overlooking the area.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Margo2014
“Excellent food in the heart of Wroklaw”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

On our first day in Wroklaw we decided to eat at Bernard. The food was simply amazing. My girlfriend had the schnitzel and I had the grilled entrecote. The meat was tender and juicy and the salads were freshly prepared. We didnt had room for dessert. Great value for the price.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ricardo J
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average place for a quick meal”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I was there a few times. It always was good for a quick meal but nothing special. Last time I was there the "company" at the next table was very discouraging. Loud, dunk and obnoxious. The menu is simple and can satisfy every taste but not something special. Simple place for simple people.

Visited May 2013
Chisinau, Moldova
“Our best meal in Poland”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Do yourself a favor if you visit Wroclaw and eat a meal at Bernard. Here's the short review: Awesomely creative and tasty food, nice drinks, impeccable service, and a fantastic location on the main square. My wife and I spent two weeks in Poland and this was hands-down our best restaurant experience.
Now the long review: Bernard was close to full when my wife and I showed up for dinner without a reservation but they had a couple tables upstairs and one of them just happened to be by a window with a view over the square. That was our first stroke of luck. Our second was that the table was served by a delightful waitress who spoke flawless British English, accent and all. Her good cheer, friendliness, and smiles set her apart from most other servers we had during our trip. And our final stroke of luck was that we chose well from the menu (maybe you can't choose poorly!) and both couldn't stop raving about the food. My wife ordered the turkey roll and I had Bernard's chicken. Normally I prefer dark meat but this was the moistest white meat I've ever eaten. And my dumplings, filled with asparagus and peas, were out of this world. My wife had a nice white wine and I drank the dark Bernard beer. It was so much delicious food we had no room left for dessert. The bill before tip came to 114 zloty or about 27 euro -- a great deal by European standards!
Absolutely don't miss this place if you visit Wroclaw.

• Visited July 2013