“Good value for money”

Ranked #45 of 73 Hotels in Wroclaw
Limerick, Ireland
“Good value for money”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed in hotel lothus with my boyfriend for two nigths.The staff were very friendly. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The hotel is in an excellent location, 100m from rynek glowny and very close to old town too. There is a large, very good shopping mall near the hotel also. The breakfast provided was good but perhaps a few more options could be available for the Irish plain eaters, but for the money we paid we were very satisfied. Wroclaw itself, is very pretty, this was our second time to Poland, first time in Krakow, the Polish people are very nice and make a kind effort to speak english even though they may not have a lot, which helps since we couldn't grasp polish at all. I would recommend hotel lothus.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Butterflydi11

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Chorley, Lancashire
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

i stayed for four nights as a lone female traveller on a trip for pleasure. i felt very welcome and at ease. the location was brilliant (a short walk to both the old town square and the ostrow tumski. the hotel has a vietnamese restaurant but i did not try it but the great choice of breakfast served in there was very tasty. i had a really enjoyable stay and would definitely go back. the rooms were homely and very clean. bathroom facilities good too.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Zuzka77
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I did not like this hotel. The car park was ridiculously far away. There was the option to park out front on the street but the hotel charges for the privilege. I rooms were extremely standard. They felt dirty and the walls seemed wafer thin. On the plus side the location is good and there is a huge shopping center near by.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank reddaithi
Wrocław, Dolnoslaskie, Poland
Reviewed June 1, 2012

First visited Poland may 2009 i chose Hotel Lothus for 12 nights...i have since returned august 2010 for 6 nights also april & may 2011 both for 6 nights...each trip on my own(female)...i shall return again on my next visit(s)..the staff are all so friendly & helpful speak fluent english...i am very comfortable here on my own...all amenities are 5 minute walk....close to the beautiful market square.(The Rynek)...look no further...hotel lothus wins overall :~)))))

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Janette D
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed here in a single room for one night. The hotel is very old, and has a dark, eccentric feel to it.
Although the Lothus is a 5 minute walk to the Rynek, there are at least a dozen hotels with a better, closer location to the square.
The bedroom is very basic looking with an old-style tv set with 9 channels, of which 1 of the channels is in English (Eurosport), but the reception is so bad that it is unwatchable. With the Euro Cup coming up, foreigners staying here are going to be disappointed.
The room has no air conditioning, so if it is hot in the summer, you have to open the window and let all the elements in.
The bathroom is large, but with all the space available there is nowhere to leave your clothes.There is a shower but no bath. Also, there is no washing flannel, so you have to use your hands, a tiny bottle of shampoo, and no shower gel either.
There is a small wardrobe by the entrance, but not much space to put your clothes in.
Breakfast was basic but adequate.
The hotel was nearly empty when I stayed. There was practically no-one there (just one other table was occupied in the restaurant at breakfast time). As my flight was departing very late I needed a late check-out. Keep in mind that I had already prewarned the hotel of this at the time of booking the room.
The receptionist advised me that to stay beyond the 12pm check-out time would cost me half the rate of one night, which I was fine with, however, if I wanted to stay beyond 5.30pm I would have to pay for a full night's stay, citing that they were expecting all guests to turn up. I find this VERY hard to believe, given that it looked like there was barely anyone staying there, plus the fact that I went online that afternoon & found various travel agencies still offering room availability. I wasn't prepared to pay the full rate when I wasn't even going to be completing half a stay. It is unfortunate that the hotel was more interested in taking advantage of my situation than in taking care of my needs.
The hotel is merely a step up from a hostel so is ideal for those on a low budget looking for a clean place to stay in the centre, but that's it.
I stayed at the Sofitel the night before for £5 more than what I paid here, and the difference between the two hotels was like night and day.
I award the hotel one star for the fairly comfortable bed and the friendly blonde receptionist.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank filthiestfish

Travelers are raving about these Wroclaw hotels

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed 3 nights in The Lothus for a friend's surprise birthday in Wroclaw. It's an 18th century building on a quiet street and accross the road from an art gallery which we spotted from our bedroom window having an opening exhibition on the night we arrived so we paid it a visit. It's within short walking distance of The Main Square, The Panorama, The island with the Old town and there's a super shopping centre just around the corner. The hotel has Vietnamese owner so has oriental furniture in reception and oriental cuisine. We did not eat there but always seemed to be busy in the evenings plus residents get 15% discount off food and drink. Decor wise the rooms are basic but extremely spacious and comfortable with beautiful windows which are briliantly soundproof. For a 3 star we were surprised to have water deliviered to our room every day, plenty of toiletries and even a sewing kit (which I love)and a very effect shoeshine wipe. This you do not get in some 4 star hotels. I had mentioned when booking that it was for a special birthday and was surprised to get a phonecall on the morning of our departure from Ireland, from Kristof at The Lotus, asking the name of the birthday girl. When we arrived there was a beautiful bunch of roses and a special card for her in the room. What a really lovely touch. Every single member of staff there was so nice to us. The girls at breakfast, the bar staff and all the receptionists, and so knowledgable and helpful when asked about the opening hours of various places we wanted to visit. On the day of check-out one of our party was unwell and the lovely Kristof and Ania did not hesitate for one second when we asked if she could stay in her room until pick-up which was 4pm. It meant so much to us. Thank you to everyone at The Lothus. When we visit Wroclaw again The Lothus is the hotel we will difinitely be staying in!

Room Tip: The rooms at the front have 2 beautiful huge arched windows.