Hotel Lothus
$102
$78
ScandicHotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgaleria dominikanskathere is no air conditioningbit datedthe main squaregreat locationold townspeak fluent englishsingle roomminute walkbudget hotelbig shoppingcontinental breakfastshopping mallbed was comfortabletea coffeereception deskwalking distance
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Nice location just off a couple of busy roads that circle the centre, and on a quieter street leading to the magnificent Rynek (town square). Corridors are all painted orange with few ornaments or pictures to break up the wall of colour - not a great look but clean and modern.
Room was slightly old-fashioned but perfectly clean and comfortable. A little bit of road noise at the front, but nothing too bad. Staff very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NellySays
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The hotel is clean, with nice staff great breakfast but most of all the location of this hotel is the best for getting around and being near to the old square and transport links and shops. Not the best or most modern hotel i have stayed in but as they say location, location ,location.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2011

Great location next to the central square, clean rooms.
Shopping intersection, on the other side.
A good base for exploring Wroclaw

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2010

This was our first visit to Poland and we were greatly impressed. The hotel is clean, friendly and reasonably priced. The location is first class and within easy reach of the many treats Wroclaw has to offer.

Like the previous reviewer we suffered the extremely mild inconvience of the water being cut off but as also mentioned no blame could be placed on the hotel. We had a visit from the maid checking the water but have to say she knocked twice.

The breakfast was good and it was great being able to have pickles for breakfast. I understand what has been said about the decor of both the hotel and the restaurant, however, in the first its a case of the rooms being basic but practical and for the latter it is the expected oriental set-up. We had a fine meal one evening which was well cooked, presented and priced.

Finally a special word for the staff All were approachable, helpful, polite and spoke better English than we did Polish. A Taxis was ordered for us for a 4am depart.

For its location, its friendly approach and its excellent value I would recommend this hotel

One for next time - tea and coffee in the room

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank milton20
Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed at Hotel Lothus for 2 nights - and when we arrived I was very daunted by the dark interior. The decor is oriental, dark & overpowering. Hideous would be a better word I think.....BUT......

We arrived at 11.30am - and our room was READY for us, a real plus after travelling.

Reception staff all speak English very well.

First minus was the lift wasn't working - and we were on the 2nd floor. I had emailed the hotel and asked for a low floor room if the lift was unreliable as I am slightly disabled......
Notwithstanding, I managed to get myself upstairs and to the room. The corridor was like something out of a prison (I think!) and the doors opened OUTWARDS.
Most odd. Our beds were sort of top to toe on opposite sides of the room!! (a good job it wasn't our honeymoon!) and they were sort of 'boxed in'.

However, despite further ghastly decor, it was apparent that everything was very clean and the bathroom was lovely and modern. The towels were a bit hard but there were 2 bath towels & 2 hand towels.
The shower was not very powerful at all. Trickle is the word I am probably looking for......

The sink was also odd - the taps were way too high over the bowl and care had to be taken not to trap one's fingers between the tap and the glass shelf above it.
Towel was fine - but there is no bath mat so the floor is lethal after a shower.
The hairdryer was excellent.

Adequate wardrobe & drawer space and desk/dressing table area. NO tea/coffee making equipment, a big minus.
TV fine - only Eurosport in English.

The room was double glazed and warm and we had to open the window to get fresh air. The street cleaner van very loudlycleaned the street outside SEVEN times one night between midnight and 2 am......

It wasn't the fault of the hotel that the Wroclaw water board put the water off between 8am and 2pm so my husband had to get up VERY early to have his morning shower. (at least they gave us good prominent advance notice)

The lift was dodgy all the time, I did have a real moan to the front desk and to be fair they were very apologetic and twice the Manager (?) went up with me in the 'sometimes working, sometimes not' lift to save me climbing the stairs.

After the water came back on, it yielded a filthy brown water which we ran off and then I had a shower. Imagine my total shock when in the shower the bathroom door opened and a strange woman came in!
She vanished and yes, I do realise she was going round the rooms flushing the toilets and running off the brown water but my husband (who was watching TV) said she just charged in through the door and into the bathroom! He said she just shot out and disappeared. I thought I had imagined it - but really the staff should be more careful.

(My husband thought this was hilarious but if it had been him he would have been horrified)

Breakfast was perfectly adequate buffet style - lovely bread - with a wide variety of choice, hot & cold. The 'orange juice' was watered down orange squash :-(
Unfortunately it has to be taken in a very depressing darkly furnished room where huge effort had been taken to prevent the incursion of natural light - a major feature of this hotel - maybe it holds vampire conventions???

The LOCATION of this hotel is superb though. Turn left out of the door to the corner and then to cross over is to the Dominikanski shopping mall but if you turn left again and then later right you are only 5 minutes walk away from the most stunning of Wroclaw's attractions: The Raclowice Panorama. Do not miss this - it is STUNNING.
From there it is only 10 minutes walk to the River Oder and the lovely Cathedral Island.

Turn left out of the hotel and it is 5 minutes to the main square. At the first square you come to, on the corner with a plaque on the wall is the Restaurant Piramida. We had a lovely meal in there, the food was really excellent.
We didn't eat in the hotel because of the oppressive decor in the dining room. Even my husband disliked it and he is usually oblivious to decor!

Would I recommend this hotel to anyone? Well yes, it's in a superb location and it is very clean. It's pretty cheap and the staff are friendly and nice. It's just a bit ODD with some strange idiosyncracies and I was a bit perplexed at times with the lift and the staff charging into our bathroom like that.....but YES, I would stay here again but just be prepared for something out of the ordinary!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple