“Chilled out vibe, excellent location”
Review of Cinnamon Hostel

Cinnamon Hostel
Ranked #3 of 131 Specialty Lodging in Wroclaw
Bielsko-Biala, Poland
“Chilled out vibe, excellent location”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

10-15 minutes walk from the main station and then only a few more to get straight into the heart of the city. We stayed in the Chilli room for 3 nights which was really spacious with comfortable beds. The bathrooms were really clean and the showers hot. The whole place has a very laid back atmosphere and the staff are really friendly and informative. One of the best hostels I've stayed in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here whilst travelling around October/November'14 so my thoughts are based on the low season and despite there not being many others staying at the hostel, I felt comfortable and able approach staff with any queries about the town etc, one member of staff really went the extra mile to help me organise my travel arrangements to my next destination.
The room (Basil) I stayed in was lovely, sweetly decorated, clean, warm, good size draw for rucksack under bed, not a locker but they have large lockers in reception for you to keep passports valuables etc in. Only thing I would say is the mattress wasn't really comfortable but I managed to sleep but maybe not recommend for long stays - you decide.
Breakfast is simple but good, they have good coffee available which makes a difference if you prefer filter over instant, also plenty of facilities in kitchen to do your own cooking.
A good area to lounge and read and computer access, wi-fi was a little off but seemed to work in reception area. Bathrooms clean and at that time I never had to wait once ;)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Singapore
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I stayed 4 different hostels in total while I traveled in Poland and I like Cinnamon Hostel the most :)

Even before my arrival, staff was kind in our correspondence and their response was really quick ! Every time they responded, they always wrote down his/her name in the end, which is a really efficient way for them to take over duties/mattes/guest's requests.

During my stay, I met only 4 staff in person ( I think there a bit more staff working there ) Everybody was so lovely and knows where to go and how.They know their town very well.

This is not a party hostel, nothing is scheduled every night for guests to have fun, so it is rather quiet hostel but there is plenty of public space for anyone. There is a huge TV at reception, there are many ways to have fun.

I believe that each room has hanger rack and small coffee table. Hanger rack with hangers is really useful, you don't need to hang your coat on a tiny coat hook.
There are under Bed Storage Drawers for each bed but it is not lockable, if you worry about your belonging, you can use locker with key next to reception.

Free wifi connection, Free towel, a desktop computer at reception for guests to use, good breakfast, which is more than just cereal, indeed.

This hostel is located between Old Town and Train Station but Old Town would be a bit closer. There is no tram going to Train/Bus station directly from the closest tram station which is just in front. Still it is walking distance from station to get to hostel. If you don't have a suitcase, it might be less than 15 minutes to get to.

This building itself is rather old with no lift, you might find the bathroom a bit old. Yes, probably bathroom could be improved slightly, but no worries, it is clean literally. Oh, there are 2 public shower rooms, it is kinda mixed for both men and women.

Room Tip: Probably the room right next to kitchen would be the worst.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank mamacita1001
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hostel was the best highlight of our trip through the region. It has a reception area, living room, recreation area and a full service kitchen with a large sit down table to enjoy some cooking and your meals. We stayed in a double room which is quite roomy (it fits a double room with a small twin bed). The building had tall ceilings and large windows. It's in a quiet residential area. Location wise, it was safe and within 5 minutes of walking distance to the city center. I would stay there again if I would travel in the region in the future.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lio_ca
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Fortunately we just spent one night at this hostel. We made a reservation at this hostel after reading the good reviews in different websites.

It's a twenty minute walk from the main train station, centrally located.

We were giving the room called 'Curry', just by the kitchen. Simply avoid it. It was perfectly clean, and the beds were good enough. However, if you try to have a long rest, you simply won't have it. People passing by on their way to the kitchen (and to the common bathroom nearby) seemed to care a dime of other people's rest.

However, what concerned us the most was how cold the room got at night. We were provided with two extra blankets, but the temperature was unbearable. And this was in September!!

We also have mixed feelings about the staff. On the day of our arrival, we were welcomed by a very nice young lady (blonde, glasses, perfect English) and she explained us everything about Wroclaw. She even gave me some valuable information about the best places in town to eat pierogi. Highly appreciated!

However, on the morning of our departure (on the 22nd of September), we had to deal with one of the most insensitive persons I've ever encountered in my life. This young lady seemed to think that walking in stilettos on a tile floor (the kitchen floor) at 5.30 a.m. is completely perfect. She even started moving furniture without thinking that there were two people trying to sleep in the room just close to the kitchen. That's funny because there're posters everywhere asking people to be quiet from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.

One hour later, when we were having breakfast all by ourselves at the kitchen, the same lady came into the room and, even though my companion said 'Good morning', she didn't bother looking at us... Guess there's someone who needs to take some urgent customer service lessons!

Room Tip: Avoid the room called 'Curry'... Close to the kitchen. Terribly noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Falsterbo, Sweden
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Excellent location - really, it's way better than Grandpa's that's way out of the center.
Really clean, offers free lockers & towels.
Price includes a really nice breakfast with coffee, serials and toast.
There's a nice chill room & a big TV with loads of channels (HBO etc) & video games.
The staff is really really friendly and helps you out with everything.
Somehow it's always quiet and relaxed atmosphere and the toilets are never occupied - how do they do it?!

Anyhow, it is very nice here and if I ever come back to this lovely city this is where I will stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank sarasve
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed August 29, 2013

The location is excellent (right across the street from the main square), the staff are friendly and helpful, it was pretty clean, and most importantly, the guests were quiet! The staff helped me with any internet problems and they have me a good map of the city center and circled all the points of interest. It's also near a galleria with a grocery store and a couple tram stops, as well as 15 minute walking distance from the bus station. I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone going to Wroclaw.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo