“A Little Treasure”

The Blue Beetroot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Boleslawiec
Reviewed January 16, 2010

This place was so quaint and lovely. The owner was very helpful. He gave us a map of all the Polish Pottery places. We also received a 10% discount to one of the stores. I would highly recommend this place to friends on a Polish pottery shopping trip or a getaway weekend with your spouse.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank KaraJ4

Reviewed December 7, 2009

We were so pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the Blue Beetroot. We had a long day of travelling and thought we might be out of luck for dinner. My friend and I walked in and immediately knew we'd be alright. The food in the restaurant was very good and we successfully stuffed ourselves! We were also able to get some unplanned massages that night for extremely reasonable rates! The staff and owners were very kind and helpful. They gave us a great info packet on all of the pottery shops, which was very helpful. When we head back to Boleslawiec, we'll definitely be at the Beetroot!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for two nights while pottery shopping in Boleslawiec and we loved it. The owners of the hotel treated us almost like family. Service from the hired staff was also great. The included breakfast was terrific. We also enjoyed a great Polish dinner there. The menu included a variety of ethnic foods and they were excellently prepared. And the prices of the food and lodging were very reasonable. The rooms were very spacious and clean and comfortable. The hotel itself is a converted barn and the owners maintained a rugged look with plenty of exposed woodwork in the walls and ceiling of our room. I love Poland anyway, but if you are ever in this part of Poland, you owe it to yourself to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 31, 2009

We have stayed twice in the last 6 months. Jarek is outstanding at making you feel welcome and is a fountain of information about Boleslawiec and the outlaying areas. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Whether you're pottery shopping or relaxing this is the place to go.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2009

BLUE BEETROOT
It was minus seven Centigrade, in mid February 2009. I had been exploring the area by rail taxi and then using my car, with my friend Ewa. The thick snow was tough on the car and as it was getting dark, the poor thing started to make expensive noises. Breaking down is a problem in Poland, especially when the engine fails as the brakes and steering lock up, because they are heavily servo-assisted making towing impossible.
As I did not know anyone in Boleslawiecs, it was vital to discover a solution. In this city I had two friendly experiences, one at the original Tourist Information Office, where they were extremely helpful and made me a coffee. The second warm experience was, my stay at the Blue Beetroot in 2008, where the meals were excellent.
I told Ewa that we were going to enjoy a meal at the Beetroot. So Ewa and myself had the 'Traditional Fish and Chips with real vinegar'. As we ate the meal I explained to Ewa that we had a big problem with the car. I was so touched when Ewa said she would help me fix it, despite the extreme frost. I knew the problem was more serious, so I asked the friendly waitress if she new any mechanics. In a few minutes, Barbara the owner had appeared and said that they knew a good mechanic and would try to contact him. Despite it being a Saturday, the diligent waitress found me a mechanic. The enthusiastic mechanic arrived, shortly after we had devoured the delicious meal.
As it was impossible to immediately fix the car, Barbara said I could leave it and collect it later when it was repaired. A few days later I collected my car and paid Barbara, this disaster turned into a positive experience. The Blue Beetroot, organised a taxi for us, who bravely took us to Lwowek in heavy falling snow.
To sum up this story, both my stay in the Blue Beetroot and the car repair/meal had been a touching experience. I would highly recommend both the hotel and the restaurant when visiting this fascinating area..

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank AlanPoland
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We have just visited the Blue Beetroot for one night and two days! It was an excellent find and a real jewel! The rooms are comfortable, clean and cosy! The staff are all helpful and the customer service was excellent.
We also enjoyed the restaurant in the evening with delicious food. The breakfast was varied and you could choose from the continental or full English!
As a Brit who lives overseas it was so refreshing to stay at the hotel as the owners are British/Polish. They even arranged a pot of Yorkshire tea for breakfast! The only sad part was that we did not stay long enough!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2009

This place was just delightful and charming! We stayed only one night while stopping in Boleslawiec on our quest for Polish pottery. The food was wonderful as well. The room for three was large and spotless, with a lovely bath. I will definitely return! The owner was charming as well. I wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boleslawiec
Protea Hotel
#1 of 1 in Lesna
Wiechlice Palace Hotel
Wiechlice Palace Hotel
#1 of 2 in Szprotawa

Been to The Blue Beetroot Hotel? Share your experiences!