“Great find” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Blue Beetroot Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boleslawiec
The Blue Beetroot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Boleslawiec
Newtown, Connecticut
“Great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Staff was friendly, helpful, and accommodating. Suite was very roomy...great for families and friends outing. Very convenient to all the pottery shops. Restaurant on premise was good. Fantastic milkshake. One comment though...on the menu...not everything translated well. For example, the goat cheese croquette was not a croquette...it had melted goat cheese over zucchini; the salmon pate wasn't pate, it was mors like a salmon salad.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
johnatbbhotel, Owner at The Blue Beetroot Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
So pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with the family suite.
We are a bit confused by your comments on our menu however because we don't have Goats cheese croquettes on it! We do have 'Grilled Courgettes with Goats Cheese'. Courgettes are Zucchini so what you had was the correct dish (originating from England we write the menu in English first and then get our staff to translate it into Polish, we call Zucchini Courgettes in England so maybe it's an English - American translation problem!).
The other dish you mention is described as 'Smoked Salmon Pate served with toast' and it is definitely a pate that is made in our kitchen, it is served on a board with the pate in a dish and it also has capers and sliced pickled cucumbers on the side. We do also have a smoked salmon salad on our menu so it is possible that there was a mix up with your order and you were given this by mistake, if so we apologise for that, we do ask our waiting staff to repeat the orders back to our guests to avoid any errors but maybe that wasn't done in this instance.
Anyway, we would love to see you back here again and if you ask for John, Barbara or Jarek we can explain all the dishes on the menu for you and make sure you get the right choices!

John and Barbara
The Blue Beetroot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Polish first
SHAPE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Again my experience at the Blue Beetroot was excellent. The food, the service totally excellent.
I will plan to stay at the Blue Beetroot again on my next trip to Poland. I haven't thought about staying any where else. I have traveled all over the world and the Blue Beetroot ranks in my top 5 places to stay for service and hospitality. You get so much for a reasonable price. Love it.

1 Thank Dotty T
Cadillac, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We had a wonderful time at The Blue Beetroot ... the best part of our visit to Poland! It offered delicious food, clean and charming rooms and extremely welcoming staff. My family enjoyed shopping for pottery during the day and relaxed at The Blue Beetroot at night in the charming dining room enjoying delicious warm food. Our child even enjoyed a short horseback ride in the morning before checking out. I plan to return with girlfriends for a full weekend of shopping, eating and spa treatments (at the B&B). Well done Barbara and John!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 3CTSA_3
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This review has been on my mind for the past year since my wonderful visit there! My friend Karen and I visited together last September, I traveled from Scotland while Karen came from Oregon U.S.A. We had a wonderful stay at the Blue Beetroot. The room was charming and cosy, with all the facilities we could have needed. I was able to obtain hypoallergenic pillows and bedding and all the possible help and hospital information, including a number from Jarek, the manager,in case my asthma worsened and I needed to get to hospital asap. thankfully that did not happen. It gave me great reassurance, thank you Jarek. I am only sad I cannot be with Karen and Barb, who are staying at present, enjoying wonderful hospitality and special fish and chips! I will return with my husband in the near future. Anne D.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Lille, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

The Blue Beetroot is the loveliest little B&B in the Boleslawiec area in Poland. The staff is wonderful and the food is delicious! Our room was extremely comfortable and pleasant and very clean. The massage was wonderful! Can't wait to plan my next trip to the Blue Beetroot!

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

My friends and I have stayed at this lovely hotel three times during the past year (and we are already planning our next trip). We find the charming setting, friendly staff, cozy rooms, and the delicious food so wonderful that we would never consider trying to stay anywhere else when we are in the area. We look forward to our evening meal in the restaurant when we first arrive--so make sure you wait to eat there!

1 Thank Sharon M
Bamberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I just got back from our stay at the Blue Beetroot Inn. My only regret is that we only stayed one night. We loved everything about this place. The Inn is so cute & very clean. The manager Jarek was very nice & went out of his way to welcome us. He also provided us with a lot of information for our next visit. Our dinner was wonderful and we enjoyed drinks in the bar. The breakfast was fabulous and the staff was great. My husband and I cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: They offer a lot of activities but you need to call ahead to schedule them.