“Great little hotel”

Protea Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Boleslawiec
“Great little hotel”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I love this place..........
I stayed here a few years ago when I drove to Polan for shopping.
Love the atmosphere, the family that own it is great and veryhospitable.
I have many friends that have stayed recently and also love it.
Very convienient to many polish pottery stores, some are right across the street,
They have secured parking in a fenced yard.
Food is fantastic............

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jacek N, Właściciel at Protea Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Mrs. nickname - "Yorubaprincess" I'm gratefull for your review. It's very nice to hear that your work and business is appreciated. We always try to prepare stay our guest very professional and with passion. Our hospitality is our nature :) so we do it with pleasure. I hope that when you will visit Poland and Boleslawiec next time you will visit us again.
Jacek N.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Protea Hotel is maybe little hard hard to find, off the road well hidden in the park, however the real surprise is its cosines, quality of service, food and local art. It realy stands out from the standard hotel chains, where no matter where you are, all looks and feel the same. Protea reflects owners passion for uniqueness and quality for what their business is, very pleasant accommodation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Andre, it's very nice to read so perfect review about our work and business. We try to be "authentic and unique in the same time". Thank you very much you appreciate our hospitality and professionalism. We try to be a "easy find" and I hope that next time you will visit us, you notice a change in this case. See you next time.
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Love this hotel, Internet was great, breakfast amaizing and included in price. Goisa is one of the girls at the front desk she is the sweetest girl. The hotel have a very nice store with different crafts from the region not only pottery. Rooms are very comfortable.

Room Tip: Room 17 is a small room for two but is rigth above the front desk, so Internet is super fast.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Delia, thank you for your nice review. We working to prepare stay our guest very comfortable, safe and charming. In our hand made gallery we offer different handicraft best polish quality! I hope that next time you will visit Poland and Boleslawiec you will our guest again.
Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
Reviewed October 23, 2013

On our recent girls trip to Poland to do some Polish Pottery shopping, we stumbled upon this hotel- completely by luck. We had no real expectations of a great and wonderful stay as the cost was relatively inexpensive. Boy were we floored! The GPS took us right to the hotel and there were several signs on the main road making easy to find. The location was perfect at the end of a dead end road with NO traffic. There was plenty of parking and it was safe and well lit.

The staff was phenomenal! Everyone spoke superb English and they were so accommodating and pleasant! The hotel was beautiful and cozy and our room was probably the biggest shock. We accommodated 4 women in a suite that had a separate area with a bath tub and sink, and two bathroom stalls.

As if that wasn't enough, breakfast was included in the adjoining restaurant. Our dinner there was delicious and the atmosphere was very warm and inviting, fireplace was roaring! Our breakfast was just as good with many things to sample and fresh made to order expresso.

I can't enough great things about this gem of a Hotel in the heart of pottery-land. I have no doubt I will be back!

Room Tip: They have several different room configurations based on the number in your party, some even include...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mrs. nicknamed "TravelingMcDs2000" - thank you very much for so nice and glamorous review about our staff and hotel. We try to work professional and with passion in our business. I'm glad that our out-door directional signs are helpfull to find our hotel. Our breakfast it's our picture - we do everything to make you feel at home.
I'm happy that you plan visit us again. We try to suprise you again! :)
Stuttgart, Germany
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I just got back this past weekend from my first pottery trip. My friend and I ended up at Protea Hotel due to not finding room where our other friends stayed, but it turned out for the best. The hotel was just awesome. All the staff (especially Gosia, front desk night clerk) was VERY friendly and helpful. Spoke great English. The breakfast was delicious (especially the eggs). I LOVED my coffee. I like the instant coffee because I like to control how strong it's going to be. The room was very comfortable and clean. GREAT internet connection. I had piece of mind knowing my car was nicely secured. Love the cameras all over, it may me feel very safe. the location was GREAT. very close to the shops. We are already planning a trip for Spring and Protea Hotel is our #1 choice. Thanks for making my first trip to Poland a great one.

Ofelia Warren

1 Thank Ofelia W
Dear Ofelia, when our hotel and staff receive so nice and warm review, it help us get better and better for our guests. I'm glad that we helped you experience Polish hospitality in your first visit in Poland. I hope that next time you find us not by accident:)
We now that our guest want to feel safe and we try to ensure this.
Our eggs come from our ECO agriculture farm - that because it taste soo good.
We waiting for your next visit at Poland and in Protea hotel.
Jemappes, Hainaut, Belgium
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I've been staying at the Protea when I visit Boleslawiec for the past 8 years. The rooms are clean and comfortable. You can choose the arrangement of rooms - single, double, groups. The staff is friendly and very helpful and they remember me. There is a safe parking area. The restaurant is lovely - I love the stew in the bread bowl. Breakfast is included - assorted meats, cheeses, salad, and bread - oh the bread! and you can get scrambled eggs to go with it. I will continue to stay here on all my Polish pottery shopping trips!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Shannon, thank you very much for your review.
It's very nice to hear, that our guest during 8 years is still with us.
We try changing to be better and more professional each year. I'm glad tha our stew in the bread bowl - is your favorite meal. "I like it too :) " I tell you a secret our scrambled eggs. It's made on our ECO eggs from our own ECO agriculture farm.
Dear Shanon, I hope that next time when you will visit us, you will enjoy aswell.
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I would recommend this place to anyone who happens to be traveling to Poland. My family has been staying at this hotel for as long as they have been in business. The staff has always been amazing...even when we have arrived in the wee morning! It is a wonderful and warm atmosphere that cannot be found with chain hotel companies. AND if you're on a diet...I guess you'll just have to be hungry because everything that they serve is too good to be left alone! I can't wait until I'm back in Poland to stay again:)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jacek N, Właściciel at Protea Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Rajah, thank you very much for your review. I'm gratefull for so charm and good words about our bussines. We do everything to prepare your stay at us more comfortable than at home. On behalf of our staff thank you for nice rate. As regard our restaurant and food :), if you can't stop tasted our delicious meals - you have to start run... :) This is the only one way to stop :) Dear Rajah, we are waiting for your comeback and you with familly are always welcome guest. Best redards and see you next time in Bolesławiec.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boleslawiec
Pyramid - Hotel & Restaurant
#2 of 11 in Boleslawiec
Gospoda Kruszyna
Gospoda Kruszyna
#1 of 2 in Kruszyn

Been to Protea Hotel? Share your experiences!