“Steven Spielbergs Spot ”
Review of Ariel

Ariel
Ranked #424 of 1,883 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Kazimierz
Reviewed November 8, 2018 via mobile

Apparently this place was frequented by Steven Spielberg and crew when filming the film ‘Schindler’s List’.

I had grilled steak with green pepper corn sauce. Ok nothing special but nearest thing I have had to English food in the last few days . Wife had lamb with roast potatoes which she enjoyed. Although the waiter looked like a bouncer was attentive and friendly lol

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,106)

Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

During a wonderful walk through the Jewish district we were approached by an employee of Ariel, who told us the restaurant was the oldest Jewish restaurant in Krakow.

Attracted by this we decided to go in for lunch. The interior is extremely old fashion, which would been ok had the food no being so poor, although I accept that this would be attractive to many.

We ordered salmon, which was ok, although you never can be wrong with salmon, however, the sauce added nothing. The fries (didn't really suit the setting) reminded me of fast food.
We also ordered lamb skewers with tzakiky sauce. The lamb was tough and the sauce was tasteless.

As drinks we had two glasses of wine ( red and white) and again nothing special.

The dessert was good. We had walnut cake.

Considering it is just a well know restaurant, the whole experience was just underwhelming.

The Jewish district is a great place to visit though.

Reviewed November 1, 2018 via mobile

Came here on our 2nd night. Booking advised as it seemed to fill up quickly.
We also paid to watch the klezmer concert.

Cost 250 pln for 2 people having 3 courses and drinks.

Service was quick and our waitress was lovely.
Food was served quickly and well cooked.

Concert was good although not worth the 50pln per person as lasted all of 10 mins.

We also visited the cafe part on our last day for coffee in the sq. 20pln for a latte and normal coffee.

Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

Being around at Jewish quarter around the lunch time I looked for some place to eat. As Ariel bears the name of my son I checked it out on Facebook and the tripadvisor. I came across some really scary reviews especially from my fellow Brits. So although very sceptical I just couldn’t ignore my son’s name.
As I entered the place was totally empty and I was the only customer. So I think to myself ‘good luck, this will be a nightmare’.
But immediately I know nothing about some disengaged waiter., instead my waitress is swift and polite and she is fluent in English with great knowledge of the menu and with straight honest answers.
I’ve ordered than the starter., main., water bottle and a double espresso at the end.
Everything came out of the kitchen in perfectly timed sequence, not too quick and not too late.
The food itself was great. Tasty, genuine and perfectly seasoned. Not blunt at all. The cabbage filled with mushrooms and barley was great as were latkes with it.
And the best part., I spent for all £15.
I don’t tent to give anything for free as I myself am usually treated without any mercy by my own customers, being a professional in the hospitality business. But in this case I have no option but to give a honest 5 out of 5 for Ariel.

Reviewed October 25, 2018

Lousy. Should have checked Trip Advisor before entering. HIghly indifferent and a bit condescending service except to try to upsell you, which I fell for. The food is not good. I had the soup, which was eatable, but everything else I took a bite of and left. The waiter was more interested in acting as a barker out on the street pulling in more victims than in serving. There must be better Kosher Jewish food around. If you don't require kosher, just about any upscale Polish restaurtant would be far superior to this and at the same prices.