“Perfect”

Ayr
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days in July,

Staff couldn't have been more helpful and professional, room was spotless (we were at the front of the hotel and with the windows closed and air con on the tram noise was barely noticeable)

Breakfast was more than adequate and room spotless.

I would advise to book a transfer from and to the airport directly with the hotel as it is cheaper and the service is excellent.

Would definitely recommend and stay again :)

• Stayed July 2013
ColumbusHotelKrakow, Manager at Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for staying with us at the Columbus hotel and for your positive feedback.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel.

Best regards
Columbus Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Just back from trip to Krakow where we stayed in Hotel Columbus, this is a little gem, ideally located between all places of interest in Krakow. Everything is in easy walking distance and excellent restaurants and bars are near by. Hotel staff are polite, friendly and courteous and made our stay in Krakow an excellent one. The small size and therefore individual treatment of guests is next to none, our room was at the back and very quiet, breakfast available over three hours, staff on hand 24 hours. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend to anyone visiting Krakow. Excellent.

• Stayed July 2013
ColumbusHotelKrakow, Manager at Hotel Columbus, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sending such kind comments.
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel
and spent a good time in Cracow.

We truly hope to host you again in the nearest future at the Columbus Hotel.

Schenectady, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I chose the Hotel Columbus based on the reviews from Tripadvisor. I needed to find a hotel in Krakow for one night prior to joining an organized tour in Poland. I arrived without luggage, as mine had been delayed by the airline. The staff immediately called for me, and kept in touch with the airline, letting me know when I could expect my suitcase to arrive. (it arrived that evening). My room was perfect...comfortable bed, great bathroom and shower, and a small balcony. When I opened the door to the balcony, I could hear klezmer music playing from the old Jewish Quarter. Wow!

The breakfast buffet was delicious. The breakfast room was lovely, too.

The hotel is within walking distance of everything; the Old City, a beautiful new shopping mall, a post office, the Jewish Quarter. I found some wonderful boutiques in the area.

I asked about calling the U.S. to speak with my elderly mom, and when the staff realized I had only spoken for about 2 minutes, they did not even charge me. Now THIS is customer service.

Free wifi in the entire hotel, including the room.

Who could ask for more? Not this traveler!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank emilymolly
Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing Columbus Hotel for your recent stay in Cracow.
I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel. Thank you for sending such kind comments.
We hope to see you again soon.

Wishing you only good trips

Columbus hotel
Leamington Spa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

We have just returned from a four night stay here, our first visit to Krakow. The hotel is situated on the edge of the Jewish quarter, an ideal location for seeing all that Krakow has to offer. A short walk away is Kazimierz with an abundance of historical sights and of bars and restaurants. The rooms are comfortable and clean and you can catch up with the news on BBC World while you're resting your tired legs after a day sightseeing. The buffet breakfast has everything you could wish for and the staff are courteous and informative. It is a little noisy at the front as it's on a main road but quiet at the rear with a delightful garden where you can sit and have a reasonably priced beer. We wouldn't hesitate to book here for our next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, , thank you for your positive feedback. It is nice to hear that you were satisfied with our service and enjoyed your stay with us.

We will be happy to welcome you back again at the Columbus hotel.

Kind Regards

NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My friends and I had a triple room (3 occupants) and it worked out well. The accommodations were clean and the rooms were pleasant. The bathrooms were good as well.

If you are traveling to Krakow by train or bus, the hotel is easily accessible via trams 3, 24, and 50 (get off on Miodawa - sp?- and the tram stop is literally steps away from the hotel). Its a 10-15 minute walk to the town center. There is a small supermarket across the street (from the tram station), a bakery and a lovely Israeli bar/restaurant (Hamsa) around the corner.

The weekday staff (front desk woman) was very helpful with everything - from planning our day trips to Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Salt Mines (via Discover Krakow) to figuring train/bus schedules to other towns within Poland. Although, I will note, you can find slightly cheaper trips through other operators on your walk to the main square, but it was just easier to plan them via the receptionist (they are not the operators, they just help you book it).

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay here and the location was convenient for everything - easy pick up for day trips and easy walk/tram ride to just about anywhere you'd like to go (Old Town, Kaizimierz, Podgraze (Schlinder's factory/Museum).

p.s. I was running out of the hotel to catch my bus, so if anyone stays here and likes this review, can you tip the door guy for me - he was really nice and helpful with storing our bags and retrieving it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
On behalf of our team I would like to thank you for your positive feedback.

We hope to see you again soon.

ps. Thank you for your opinion regarding a cheaper trips through other operators.
On the tourist market there are a lot of operators. We have chosen this one because it belongs to one of the best operators in Cracow.

Wishing you only good trips

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

We walked from the station along the Planty and left down Starwisina to the Columbus hotel. We were welcomed at reception and a man brought our bags to our room. We met the guy in our room and he chatted to us about the locality and the local. We met him over the course of our stay and he was very helpful, giving us information on directions and trams etc. A Scottish couple we met at breakfast told us that when they had difficulty buying 40 min tram tickets at the local kiosk, he actually went out and purchased the tickets for them.

The hotel is in the Kazimirez area and we loved the fact that just around the corner lay a maze of old buildings with lots of quirky bars and restaurants to suit all tastes. We were able to walk down the street and over the bridge to Schildlers Factory Museum from our hotel in 15 mins.

Our room had a small balcony and a view over a garden at the back. We had air conditioning and free bottles of water each day. There was a maid service every day. The room was spotless and the shower perfectly adequate.

Breakfast was very good with all you would require to set you up for a days sightseeing. We visited Auschwitz by getting a mini bus at the bus station. We also visited the Salt mines and The Divine Mercy Sanctuary.

We loved this hotel and plan to return to Krakow at some stage. We would stay again at the Columbus.

Room Tip: As mentioned before the rooms at the back look over a small garden which some people would find more...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cavehill
Dear Guest,
On behalf of our team I would like to thank you so much for your positive feedback and so kind words.
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel and spent a good time in Cracow
We truly hope to host you again in the nearest future at the Columbus Hotel.

With kindest regards
Dublin, Ireland.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I stayed here for a short visit recently based on the hotel’s location and its reviews on TripAdvisor. Overall I was quite happy with my visit. The staff were friendly and helpful, and on my arrival I was supplied with a tourist map to assist me on my visit. The room I stayed in was big enough with working air conditioning. The TV was a good size but had only a couple of English speaking channels. A well stocked mini bar and room safe were also present. The bed was a good size and comfortable. The shower was great and free wifi was available. The room was at the front of the hotel and as its on a busy street some noise came up but it wasn’t overly intrusive. Some people have mentioned the area as maybe not the best but I saw no issue with it, and had no problems walking in the surronding streets.
The breakfast was served downstairs. Various cereals, breads, cheeses and meats were available as well as some cooked sausages/hot dogs and some scrambled eggs. Juices and hot drinks were also available. Some guests asked for poached eggs and the staff obliged without question.
The hotel is situated about 15 mins walk from the market square in one direction and maybe 10 mins walk to the Jewish quarter in the other direction with Schindler's Factory another 5 or 10 mins beyond that.
In terms of pros and cons the hotel is of good standard, is in a useful location and is staffed with a helpful and friendly team. The only issues I took note of are the lack of evening dining facilities at the hotel, but there are plenty of places to eat in the locality anyway, and also there was no tea/coffee making facilities in the room.
Just in passing I used http://krakowdirect.com for airport transfers and tours, and would certainly recommend them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Squidgy-W
Dear Guest, thank you for your kind words, which we are delighted to hear.

Hope to see you soon again

Kind regards