“Tango House - cannot go wrong here - best B&B in the heart of action”

Tango House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 128 Krakow B&B and Inns
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Tango House - cannot go wrong here - best B&B in the heart of action”
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I had a wonderful weekend stay at Tango House, located right on Market Square - the main draw of Krakow. It was great to be able to come back to your room for a quick break between sightseeing. The staff here is excellent - they were able to point out the key tourist areas with a map. My room was perfect for me - very clean including the bathroom with modern European fittings and a kitchenette with refrigerator, coffee/tea and utensils. The included breakfast hits just the right notes - a selection of breads, cheese, eggs, cereal, coffee, juice and fruits.
I also purchased the Auschwitz/Birkenau tour through Tango House - very highly recommended...please don't take young children and be prepared to have a life-changing experience. The coach picked me up right outside the Tango House entrance.
For local transportation - I bought a 24 hour bus/tram ticket for 12 PLN from the kiosk at the Market Square -very convenient..... and finally, the main Krakow train station is a 10 min walk and its very normal to wheel your suitcase to your hotel, which is what I did.

Room Tip: Since there is no elevator, you will need to carry your luggage upstairs...choose a lower floor if a...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Samir B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Polish first
truro
Reviewed April 25, 2012

what a lovely place, very clean , staff very nice and helpful, and only a few mins walk to the main Krakow square, would visit again. Thanks a million to all the staff for a pleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Parma
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We had a very niche experience at the Tango House. The B&B is in the heart of Krakow, 50 meters from the market main square.
You can reach the centre of the town in 5 minutes walk.
The rooms have been recently renovated and are very comfortable.
We booked a double standard room with breakfast included.
The room window was on a lateral way and it was really quiet. Maybe the rooms on the main road might be a bit more noisy.
The breakfast room is very nice and well decorated. Breakfast is ok and you find everything you wish.
If you like tango music this is your place as everywhere you can hear the music and all the decorations follow the tango theme.
The personnel is really kind and helpful.
This place is highly recommended for a romantic and nice stay in beautiful Krakow

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Cebu City
Reviewed March 22, 2012

It's been almost a year since my great experience with Tango House. I didn't really get to see the place with my eyes; nor did I ever set foot on its grounds. (Hence it took this long to write this review because I wasn't sure if I would be in tandem with other visitors who actually stayed there). I was on a holiday with my family in April 2011. It will be one year soon thus I can't help but remember the great time we had in Krakow. But a single sad event was what led me to get to know the beauty of Tango House. I lost my mobile phone (from my bag) while we were walking around Market Square on April 7, 2011. I e-mailed my secretary back home to send a message to my phone, asking whoever had it to get in touch with the hotel where we actually went to. Of course I didn't get a word. Since it was impossible to look for it all over Old Town, I "gave it up" and just went on with the rest of our vacation. But after a week since coming back to the Philippines, the very kind staff at Tango House (Marcin) sent a message to my secretary's number saying they found my phone and asking how to send it back to me. They said they found it on the front steps of Tango House one morning. To make the very interesting long story short, I got in touch with Marcin, who, with the rest of the Tango House staff, arranged for my phone to be sent back to me in Cebu City, Philippines via UPS. I got it back on May 16, 2011 in very good condition. I told them i would pay them for their efforts, but they said they believed that "when you do something good, you do not ask payment for it". I was touched by their kindness and concern. I felt like they were old friends. The experience reinforced in me that "people are really good at heart". Thus, even if I had not been to the halls of Tango House, I know in my heart that it is a very beautiful place where visitors can find comfort and care because the staff are people with good and caring hearts. I will forever be grateful. God bless them always!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Bernadette M
ALDRIDGE
Reviewed March 5, 2012

cant fault a thing. 4/5 min walk to main square. good size room on front of hotel. no noise from outside. breakfast was good, service excellent. loved our stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2012

We recently stayed at the Tango House for three nights and we were very happy with all aspects of our stay. From the moment we arrived the staff were very friendly, making us a drink on arrival. We were shown to our room which was full of character and comfortable. It was very cold in Krakow in early February when we went and the staff provided us with an additional heater for our room. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice. Staff were very helpful and booked trips for us with only one day's notice. The location of the Tango House is ideal. It is less than a 5 minute walk from the main square. I cannot fault anything about the Tango House and when we return this is definitely where we will stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lucy H
belfast
Reviewed February 26, 2012

When first arrived at tango house I thought oh no what are we going into. there was a alley way we had to walk through which was dark and the tiles on the ground were uplifting and easy to trip over. We then had to ring a doorbell and wait on the receptionist that took a few minutes, she came down and we checked in although our room wasn't ready that was ok as were early. So she told us to come back in an hour or so when it was ready. so we went exploring for a while. when we came back again we had to ring the bell for her we waited 10 minutes. I must have rang it over 10 times which made me angry. She then showed us to our room we had to walk up a very long spiral straircase. It had a very wobbly banister. note I would not recomment this place to older people with walking difficulties or anyone with a disability. We stuggled with our cases. But when we were showed to out room it was lovely bit small but we did book the smaller room. It was very clean lovely bathroom which looked pretty new. There was a tv but only had 1 english speaking channel. The breakfast was nice cereal toast ham cheese etc it started us for the day. All in all the tango house was a good place to stay the location was excellent just around the corner from the main square which as lots of restaurants. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed February 2012