“Excellent meal in traditional surroundings.”
Review of Miod Malina

Miod Malina
Ranked #91 of 1,756 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Eastern European
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We did not have a reservation so were fortunate to get a table. If you are considering a visit, and you should, book ahead. Despite how busy the restaurant was we were never rushed and the food and service were first class. Good choice of Polish cuisine not to be missed.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,330)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

W arrived without a reservation but were given a table in the pleasant courtyard. The meal was excellent and the waitress friendly and helpful; she recommended that we share a side dish as she said that it would be quite sufficient and then prompted us to share a delicious apple dessert. The bill with wine was about £60 for two of us, which considering the quality of the food was fairly reasonable.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were recommended to dine here during our visit to Krakow 18th - 22nd June this year. The reviews we read were predominantly good but I have to say I was a little let down.
Don't get me wrong the food was good and the staff were sweethearts but there was just something lacking which I can't quite place. Initially there was a mistake with our booking and the girl who sat us didn't really seem to know what to do. To her credit, it was sorted quickly enough. After waiting a while (in Poland it seems you either wait ages or too soon), we noticed the dishes on the menu are incomplete. Meaning you have to order side orders of veg, potatoes, rice etc, to make up your dishes. The prices, however, don't reflect this, so your meal can end up being quite expensive.
Finally, during one of the hottest weeks on record, the air-con didn't seem to be doing anything. It was quite uncomfortable especially the busier it got. We had to skip dessert just to get outside for some air.
The recommendations from this site were helpful but I felt a little over praising. The meal was good, the staff lovely. Overall, however, it was only good not great.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I come to Kraków a lot for work and one place I always make time for going is Miód Malina!
It's a very popular place and it can suit all purposes, quiet dinner for one, a dinner with colleagues or friends. A very friendly atmosphere with attentive and professional staff.
I have always managed to get a table by just showing up, hopefully I can keep doing that!
I love the steak tartare; I'd never had it with tuna as one of the additional ingredients but it worked very well, they do fantastic cooked steaks - I always have mine rare and they have never failed to please me! I'm struggling to pick anything else on the menu as I know that I love these two meals...drool! I'm sure the rest of the food available is also as good!
Take me there for my deathrow meal of steak tartare with a very large glass of their Cabernet Sauvignon....

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Quite expensive,amazing place ,food was just delicious,great atmosphere,also good service ,definitely recommended.