Orlowska Townhouse
Saski Hotel(Krakow)
Hotel Unicus(Krakow)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewscyrano de bergeracantique furnitureboudoir roomroll top bathcharming apartmentthe main squareold townsmall courtyardfully equipped kitchenrestaurant downstairsthese apartmentsfirst floortop floorperfect locationmodern bathroomshort strollbeautiful city
Reviewed October 2, 2010

The accommodation was beautiful beyond words - art deco style, beautifully and tastefully furnished and decorated with windows that opened out over the street. Everything was perfect - the owners were ready to assist us with information and advice about the local area and nothing was ever a bother. Gorgeous new kitchen - we stayed in, I think the 'loft apartment?' and the holiday was with my daughter, father and myself and the apartment was big enough for all of us including (free) computer with internet access. Fantastic location - very short walk to the old square and quieter in the street that we were in. We toured Europe and this was by far my favourite place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2010

This place far exceeded our expectations. The location was perfect, the room was spacious and clean and Agnes, the manager was very gracious - even loaned us a laptop to use in our room. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2010

The hotel is located in the historic center of Krakow, close to everything. Walking distance (7 min) from the main train station where a comfortable train ($3) takes you from the airport every 30 min. When you get there, look for the restaurant sign ("Cyrano de Bergerac"). Hotel does not have a separate sign, I guess simply because in a place like that it does not need to advertise. The location is very safe, I walked the streets up to 2-3 AM and didn't see any problems around.

The stuff is extremely friendly and everybody speaks English. I got help with printing, transportation, local shops advice, etc. BTW, if your cell phone uses the GSM standard and is "international" (i.e., works with the European frequency band), you can buy a pay-as-you-go local number (SIM card) for about $2 with about 10c/min rate. Great for keeping in touch if you have a large group of people.

The hotel is in a historic building. The windows of my room faced a cobbled street with horse carriages riding along (granted, it is a tourist thing, but think about hearing the sound of a horse carriage as you wake up). You get the keys from the building and when you return after hours you actually open the giant wooden door of the "kamienica" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamienica_%28architecture%29). It's like you were transported back in time to the 18th century. However, inside it is completely renovated with all modern conveniences, new bathrooms, etc. You get a sizable kitchen with the stove, microwave, toaster, dishes, and all-new and shiny utensils. The room is huge with antique furniture in it. I was very impressed by the room design. These people really have a good taste.

As you can tell, this is not exactly a cheapo hotel, but in terms of value for money it is the best I've seen. Great place to stay, no matter what is the nature of your trip to Krakow. There nothing I didn't like about my stay at Orlowska Apartments, except for the fact that eventually you have to leave :)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Karl_das_Chausseege
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We recently stayed in these apartments, and the rooms were lovely, extremely clean. There was some noise from the main road, but we did expect that as the location of the apartment to the town square was extremely close. Everything was great, until we came to leave. I called the reception(as it was impossible to find the office and there was no front desk) I spoke to a lady that could speak French and Polish, but not English, therefore there was a communication breakdown, I asked if she would come to the room, as I needed to go to the airport, she said she would be come to the room in 5 minutes, unfortunately she never came and I ended up asking a man who was opening the bar downstaris if he new who I could give the apartment key to, he was very kind and rung the gilr that could speak english and she organised for me to give the man the key so that we could go and catch our flight. If I had not bumped into the man opening up, I am not sure we would have made our flight.
I have stayed at many hotels around the world and have never come across such a communication breakdown, I understand that not everyone speaks english, but the lady was actually scared to try to communicate, she constantly spoke in french, even after I expleined I did not speak French. My suggestion to the hotel is that if you know that you have english speaking guests checking out on the day, then never to have that lady on the reception, as it was due to her that we nearly missed our flight!
In saying that I would recommend the hotel as it was beautiful, just check where to drop off the keys when you check in!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WanderingKiwi78
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Fantastic location in Krakow Old Town. We stayed in the 1930's Apartment and true to it's word the decor was original furnishings, but with a modern well equiped kitchen and bathroom. We loved the balcony for evening drinks, casual breakfasts and fresh air. Impossible to believe that you are literally 2 minutes from the main square Rynek Glowny and the only noise you hear is cooing of the pidgeons. Great restaurants in the same street and terrific Piekarnia (pastry shop) with yummy pastries for breakfast at No. 24. We stayed for 5 nights and wished it could have been for longer.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple