“Great asian food at least for polish standards”
Review of Dong-A

Dong-A
Ranked #1,015 of 1,653 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Chinese, Vietnamese
Neighborhood: Kazimierz
Neighborhood: Kazimierz
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I live in krakow and eat there frequently. There are not many asian places in poland in general (except warsaw) and this one, in my opinion, is second best in krakow after horai on plac wolnica (also 50% cheaper). Get pork thai or vietnamese style on a hot plate and you won't regret it

2  Thank Sunofpersia

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Went there with my wife at 3.00 pm. Though it was outside the normal lunchtime, the place was just about full with a continuous stream of take out orders. The 2 Vietnamese ladies serving customers were not particularly friendly but were efficient at providing a menu and taking orders. On talking with them later, I found that they and the chef were Vietnamese from Hanoi.

Our lunch of piquant duck with pineapple, rice and salad and chicken lemon grass with rice and salad was much larger than anticipated. Unusually as well, the amount of duck and chicken was disproportionately large compared to the rice and salad. The taste: average; price: US$4 to 6 per meal; time from arrival to getting food: 15 minutes.

For a quick filling meal at a reasonable price there are probably a lot worse places.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

turned up at 7.30pm to find it full, came back at 8.30pm to find 4 empty tables, told by blonde waitress no tables available take away only as they close at 10pm, i said to her you have an hour and a half still to go, she quickly explained something about the chef cooking hot food and we can have take away in 5 minutes and go. myself, my wife and daughter were not impressed that we couldnt sit down for a meal and yet they could throw together a takeaway in 5 minutes. i dread to think what would have been in the takeaway, the waitress had a bad attitude towards us the minute we walked in, maybe we dressed to smartly. will never even consider stepping foot in here again, nasty attitude, nasty sweaty waitress and nasty customer service

2  Thank fishingsunrise
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Sorry to buck the trend of prior bad reviews, but after walking past this place prior to eating here and going in to scope it out, we decided to try it ourselves even after reading the prior TP reviews. I'm glad we did, because we found nothing wrong, and enjoyed both of our dishes -- a spicy Squid dish; and a Pork with Veggie Sizzling Platter. We were even going to order 3 dishes, but our Waitress gave us good and honest advice that the dishes were quite large and we probably wouldn't need it. My wife and I are big eaters too, and were quite satisfied -- though, I might order Spring Rolls next time to go with it (but definately not 3 dishes for just the 2 of us). Also want to try their Fish Chinese Style dish that I saw the diner eating at the table next to us -- looked and smelled great. While I wouldn't say this is anywhere near the top of the list for Chinese/Szechuan restaurants we have eaten at around the world, it nevertheless serves good, tasty, inexpensive large portions. So if you are in the mood for this type of food in Krakow, I wouldn't hesitate to eat here. Recommended.

2  Thank Mrjustice
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Me and my family eat there and got realy ill of the food. Trowing up and the rest you can imagine. Never eat there! I went back to get my money back from the food and then the perfectly enlish speaking vietnamese lady ones could't speak Enlish anymore... Didnt get my money...

2  Thank BartNoName