“The best food that i ate in Poland”
Review of U Babci Maliny

U Babci Maliny
Ranked #140 of 1,653 Restaurants in Krakow
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were after authentic polish food in a restaurant that wasn't full of tourists. This place was recommended by 2 polish people. Its not that easy to find as you have to go through the gates of an academy to get to it. I ordered a pork cutlet cooked Krakow style and my wife ordered chicken in dill sauce. The food was unbelievably tasty and the portions generous. The prices were good for what you get. Washed down with a large polish beer ..... Happy days.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Found about this restaurant because of a very hyper energetic red lipstick wearing female who was handing out flyers to the restaurant. We wanted to try authentic Polish dishes so we were more than happy to find a restaurant right there in old town.

We tried to get seated downstairs by the piano, but the place was completely reserved and as such we ate by the "bar", self order.

The food was great. I had fried pork chops with mash potatoes and cabbage. My friend tried the fried pierogi, she didn't quite like it, but that was her first time trying it. Her 12 yr old daughter had the tomato soup, and said that it was great!!

1  Thank Terry J
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

This place isn't fancy, and yes, making your way to it may be daunting to some. But the food is absolutely yummy and prices are very reasonable. Best pierogi we've had in Krakow. And the boar stew is delicious. If you're looking for authenticity, this is it!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This restaurant was suggested to us by my boyfriend's sister who used to live in Krakow. We were told to go straight downstairs once we walked into the restaurant to get served. It was a little confusing as we were the first people in the downstairs dining room so it took a few minutes to find a server and get seated. Our waitress was great and spoke some English. The food was traditional polish food and very good, the quality of the food made me feel like I was at a relatives house, not in a restaurant. The atmosphere was very interesting, it was like stepping back in time into a different world. Overall, we had a great to,e at this restaurant and would go back again.

1  Thank Anja M
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is the second time that I have a lunch on this place, its quite hidden but not hard to find. The food is really good and you can taste some of the traditional Polish Cuisine in here (one of the best chicken meals I have ever eaten), the price is great and the service is excellent as well.

The restaurant has its own unique decoration (fully furnish with wood), with some old time objects and some pictures of famous people at one of the walls.