“Odd Experience”

Neighborhood: Stare Miasto
Doha, Qatar
“Odd Experience”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This restaurant was beside my hotel and I had a craving for Mexican food. I went for lunch and ordered tacos. The restaurant was decorated appropriately and had Mexican music playing. The service was good and you even get free shelling peanust like some North American bars. The food looked good but the problem was it just didn't taste like Mexican food. There were none of the spices (I think cumin is normal and peppers) and in addition instead of hot sauce or tomato sauce the taco was covered in mayonaisse. I ate the food. It tasted okay but it did not taste at all like Mexican food. Even Taco Bell makes a much better taco. Avoid if you are looking for Mexican.

• Visited January 2014

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Aubrey, Texas
“"Ugh"”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have had better Mexican food in other parts of Poland and the Polish interpretation is very different. The food was ok but it was very strange and it wasn't like other Polish- Mexican restaurants. The peanuts at the beginning confused me and I would have rather have not had anything. I would not return.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Julian P
Oban, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor service, good food”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I must admit that I was in a bit of a puzzle while writing this short review. I think that the food quality was good except the guacamole which I had hoped to be ready-made but was from a cheap supermarket. The service was really poor, we had to wait for a long time to get our meal and the waiters were very disorganised. No napkins and food not served at the same time for all the people. Food was nice but at the end the service decided against it.

Ireland
“Bland”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

If you like bland "Mexican" food, then this is the place for you. The service, while polite, is unspectacular and slow. Visited on the basis of the good reviews on Tripadvisor. Was sadly disappointed as the food was uninteresting and lacking in spice even though we had requested extra spice. Fajitas, which were very dry and lacking in any discernible Mexican flavours. It was a busy night and two waitresses were expected to cover too many orders. I can recommend the chill soup for taste but it lacked heat. The Nachos lacking cheese and the salsa was more of a tomato sauce. Requested a particular wine and they tried to pass of another, possibly hoping I wouldn't notice. An explanation was only forthcoming when I spotted that it wasn't what I had requested. Overall, quite poor.

• Visited December 2013
London
“Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Was so lucky to find this restaurant! Fantastic meals, great tasting. Ate here 3/4 nights that I stayed in Krakow. Best nachos I've ever had and all at a reasonable price. Overall highly recommend this restaurant to all mexican food lovers!

• Visited July 2013