“Money REALLY well spent”
Review of Cyrano de Bergerac

Cyrano de Bergerac
Ranked #20 of 1,692 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: French, Polish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Gluten Free option
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Yes yes - it is pricey, but it is really worth the money you pay.

Everything is just right at this place - the food is lovely, wine selection matches the menu, staff is very well trained (everybody speaks good English, quite a few speak French and/or Italian).

Do not think of the menu in a standard way - chef's ideas for some dishes are really surprising (in a very positive way) - e.g. "goat cheese & pear salad" or lamb (see pictures).

2  Thank Warsaw_Mario
Write a ReviewReviews (1,269)

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Visited here after reviewing tripadvisor reports from previous guests.
The venue is clean and very well presented being a former cellar below ground level.
Good first course of crayfish soup was delightful followed by plaice which was well cooked and presented.
The service was first class and while the food was not cheap you certainly got good value with the presentation being superb.
Desert though was below expectations and had me wondering even it it had been "bought in"
The wine list was somewhat limited for an establishment of this ilk and was in my opinion also very overpriced.
It was therefore to be expected that we were eating alone for the first two courses as I expect most of the locals would give this place a wide berth!
There are equally good restaurants in this town with far more ambiance and wines best consumed without one wondering if you have been robbed by the wine waiter!
Good but i would not rush back.

2  Thank bartonsmpson
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Found hotel through Trip advisor with my daughter. Beautiful meal with excellent service. Great value. Recommend the house red wine and chateaubriand.

1  Thank DaveHollas
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is the most fancy restaurant I've ever been to. We had a table just before closing time, but they still had guests and held the place open for much longer. We had a table on the second floor, and our waiter was extremely professional and polite. He recommended a great wine, and ran up and down the stairs several times just to fill our glasses and check if everything was fine. I ate duck fillet with apples and saffron, and the meal was very well prepared, but I found the duck at Trezo much better. When it was time for dessert I was feeling so full, but wanted the créme brûlée so badly, I had to split it with my girlfriend. After that I felt like I could have been rolling down the stairs, but it was the best I've ever tasted!

1  Thank Pernillemarie
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We chose this restaurant for our last night based on Tripadvisor reviews and because we wanted a change from Polish food. It was a Tuesday night so not very many people in. Lovely atmosphere in high vaulted cellar. The waiter who served us could not have been more friendly and helpful and spoke excellent English. Food really was Michelin quality - my rabbit starter and duck main course were particular highlights and the cheeses were great too. Whole bill including two glassed of prosecco, glass of red and glass of dessert wine 330 PLN for 2 (before tip) which for food of this quality I was very pleased about.. Would definitely go back.