“reviewed after the change of the Chief”
Review of Cyrano de Bergerac

Cyrano de Bergerac
Ranked #21 of 1,678 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: French, Polish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gluten Free option
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I am trying to visit this place each time I am in Krakow, always consider it as one of best places not only in town but in Poland. The reason of this review is that they changed the organization (restaurant is now leased from owners instead of being operated directly by them). This was followed with the change of Chef and part of the staff. The good news is: the Chef works for Cyrano for long time, previously in other role, so he was not new to the place and its style and quality. The menu is slightly different but all those specialties you could get only there are still on the list. The quality of the food and service is outstanding, as it always was. The place has its centuries long history, as almost everything in Krakow, and this adds feeling. The cell phones do not work there, because of building construction, which is probably also an added value today. Booking always recommended, even in low season as the place, although quite expensive, is usually full. Restaurant is just five minutes walk from the Main Market Square.
For lazy ones: above the restaurant are apartments. If you do not like to walk too much after dinner you might consider staying there. Same owner – while staying you are entitled to 10% discount at Cyrano.

2  Thank Piotr60
Write a ReviewReviews (1,251)

Reviewed October 19, 2012

You must visit this place. The food is gorgeous! Very reasonably priced and the waitress couldn't do enough for you. If you want to go out for a special occasion book a table here.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was expecting a bit more from this restaurant having read some of the reviews. The restaurant was not very busy but the service was rather slow I believe due to one man (not a happy / welcoming individual, I am suspecting could be the same waiter an earlier review mentioned) doing everything as we only saw one member of staff in the 2 hours we were there. The food was average, nothing to get excited about compared to other French cuisine. The Polish twist to dishes was innovative but not what we were looking for. I have spent a lot of time in Poland and I like Polish food but I came here for a night off Polish food and my Polish wife and I were looking forward to some French food. The meal was quite expensive for what we ate and for Krakow.

1  Thank FoodieGastroGourmet
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My son lives in Cracow and everytime we visit him, we visit Cyrano for the best meal a man can ever have. The Tournedos with morels sauce always makes my day. Superb food, atmosphere and service. Always a pleasure. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Forget the many restaurants around the main square and go slightly off piste to the best spot in town for food, service and above all character. This basement restaurant with its brick vaulted ceilings and hanging tapestries is well worth the visit for a special night out.
We were a party of 13 and received excellent attention, the chef's pate as an amuse-bouche was really good and the sea bass or chateaubriand ordered by all faultless.
Given the good value of the zloty this is not an expensive night out in UK terms, book it and enjoy