“Very Nice Apartment”

Ranked #14 of 407 Specialty Lodging in Krakow
London, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Apartment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2008

I stayed in the Moon Apartment and it appeared to be brand new, nice and spacious. The location is very good, right on Ul Grodzka with a view right to the market square and a view left to Wawel Hill. Collected from airport as requested, no complaints, staff cordial.

The apartment had a very basic kitchen - two ceramic rings, fridge and a kettle. Plenty of cutlery, plates etc though. The TV was flat screen with satellite TV - hundreds of channels but only a couple in English! BBC World and one more I think. Nice big living area with Sofa bed and a double bed in bedroom, no lamps by side of bed, had to use main light to read in bed. Large dining table, nice dining chairs. Mega amount of closet/wardrobe space, enough for about ten people! Two separate wardrobes, one in bedroom and one in living area. Bring hangers though as only about 4 supplied. Hot water was a small problem, just enough for a half filled bath, then ran cold. No shower attachment so you have to have a bath, showering is not an option. No noise from neighbours.

The apartment is on the 5th floor and is not recommended if you have heavy luggage as there is no lift/elevator, I almost had a heart attack lugging my suitcase up there! Also the apartment has no curtains, I had to hang a bedsheet up at the bedroom window for privacy/to keep out light. Apart from that the apartment was very good, nicely furnished with all mod cons and a big bathroom. However, even in February it was noisy at night with drunks outside though so I recommend getting an apartment around the back if you can get one. In summer I think the noise from the street would be very bothersome. Excellent value and I would recommend the location.

• Liked — Location, Quality of Furnishings
  • Disliked — Noise from Street
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank Martin W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
Livingston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2007

Arrived 11.30 am, to be met by Rep. from the Grodzska appartments. previously arranged by e-mail. Transportation cost 60 zl.Previously stayed here in May this year but in the Red apartment, 3 stories up. no lift, not really suitable for the elderly or infirm, but lovely modern ,very very clean apartment. Ps my wife approved.Ideally situated 40 yards from the main square, opposite an A.T.M, plus 5/6 restaurants ranging from greek to polish. Next door the cafe Zakopek, where one can have a lovely breakfast of meats cheeses , fresh bread, orange juice at 12 zl. on this occasion we opted to stay in the Yellow appartment, first floor,lovely fresh apartment, spotlessly clean, bath room modern, white fluffy towels on heated wall radiators, amall kitchen, fully fitted.Sebastion the Owner/manager is extremely helpful, speaking perfect english, only too pleased to recommend good restaurants, sights to see or arrange tours if one wishes.The flats are in a courtyard with an external door key, plus a watchmen in the office all night,, very very safe,
My second visit i shall come again.Their site is in Krakow4 u.
ps. If one books 7 nights one gets one free.

• Liked — price, location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — cant think of any to be honest
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank andrewashcroftsnr
London, England
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2007

Ever since completing my booking with Grodzka Apartments for a 4 night stay in their top-of-the-range Rembrandt room at Szczepanska Street in Krakow, Poland, I have felt compelled to warn other TA users about this company.

My wife and I thoroughly loved our time in Krakow which is a truly beautiful city but our stay with Grodzka Apartments was an absolute shambles.

To cut a long story short, here are the problems we encountered:

1. we had to wait outside the hotel for 20 minutes on arrival for the owner to bring us the keys - not too bad but it gets worse.

2. as you can understand, Krakow (being in eastern Europe) is on the colder places you can visit in Europe and we were in pain after discovering that the shower in the appartment was barely luke warm.... so we ramped up the temperature dial on the boiler which ensured we could get the heat up to at least a bearable level... NOT HOT, but bearable.
- we come back on our second evening to discover that there is absolute NO warm water whatsoever - we call the owners to get it rectified but no-one is available... we have to wait until the next morning to go to their offices to alert them to the problem... eventually a maintenance man is sent over and he fixes the boiler so it is working again.
- I jump back in the shower and it is again only luke warm so we ramp up the temperature dial only for the maintenance man to obviously realise we have done so... he comes back and abuses my wife telling her in no uncertain terms - DO NOT TOUCH THE TEMPERATURE DIAL!!!!!
- they were lucky I was in the shower, dare they speak to my wife like that when I'm around.
- so that's it, no chance of a bearable shower for the remainder of our stay!
- so if you enjoy cold showers in a city that hovers just above freezing for most of the year then go ahead and stay with Grodzka Apartments.

3. the problems don't end there - while the walls are paper thin as it is, try adding to this the fact that this Rembrandt appartment (again, this is supposed to be their BEST room) is actually linked to an ajoining room by closed double doors behind the bed... yes, a double door is all that separates your head with the next appartment and obviously this offers absolutely NO sound insulation whatsoever!!!
- we could hear the family next door talking, walking... everything they did in FULL STEREO sound all day and all night long!
- thankfully they only had one rowdy night so we did get some sleep on other nights but could still hear them clearly at most times of the day and evenings.

4. YOU HAVE TO PAY CASH!!!!! I couldn't believe it, this ridiculous company wouldn't accept any form of card payment so my wife and I had to go and withdraw 160 Euros from the teller machine to pay for our stay.

6. THE BED - it is a proper double bed which is good from some other cheaper European hotels who simply squish two singles together but you would have thought that if they bothered to buy a proper double bed that they might also bother to buy proper DOUBLE BED SHEETS!!!
- but no, you have to contend with two single-bed sheets layed sideways across the top half and bottom half of the bed - as you can imagine, this doesn't work and you end up with the sheets all over the place and not actually covering you by the end of the night! At least the over blanket was a double.

5. not that major an issue for us but ALL the floor boards in the room creaked like hell when you walked across the room.

I don't want to be 100% negative so I can say the in-room heating was adequate and the view over Grozny square was pretty nice for a budget hotel... there was a basic oven and a tiny table and chairs in the kitchen area but then you'd expect that from a self-service appartment.

Not much else really to say about the place... won't be making the same mistake next time we visit Krakow.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family