“Great Meal, great experience”
Review of Samarkand Restaurant - CLOSED

Samarkand Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Krakow, Poland
“Great Meal, great experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Invited to dinner at Samarkand Restaurant by a friend. I was amazed at the friendly environment, friendly waiters and waitresses, affordable meal. I loved it here, and I think I found a spot to always go for my meals....

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
“Very nice restaurant”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This uzbek restaurant is very nice, nice decoration, nice waitress. They have typical uzbek cuisine, and I ordered a typical plov (kind of rice, like paella but with chickpeas). The rice was very good, but the chickpeas were hard. In spite of this, I liked a lot this place.

• Visited July 2014
Krakow, Poland
“You need to try Uzbek food”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I happened upon this place accidentally when checking restaurants on Tripadvisor and the fact I have never had Uzbek food intrigued me the most. I don't regret my decision. I met the chef when I arrived, very friendly man who cooked up some mean lamb. I tried two of the three appetizers and they were delicious. The lamb shish kebabs were mouth watering. The location, in Kazimierz, is off the beaten path but less than 5 minutes walk from the tourist sights. I will be back!

• Visited June 2014
Washington, DC
“Try something new”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a great experience, if you like to try new things. The food is exteremely well prepared and of high quality. The lamb is tender and tasty (not mutton). The owner is a young American who has been studying at the University in Krakow. He had traveled to Uzbekistan on holiday and feel in love with the cuisine. While traveling, he also met the chef. They both returned to Krakow and opened this gem. The lamb dishes are vey good, the almond cake (which happens to be gluten free) is wonderful. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2014
Krakow, Poland
“Uzbeki bistro: hidden gem in Kazimierz”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I am from Los Angeles and have only passed by Uzbeki restaurants and eaten at one once. But this brand-new restaurant and bistro has some of the best lamb and service I've encountered in a long time.
The owner, Karol, is passionate and even though he is a FT student manages to manage and run the restaurant full-time as well. He told me that he and his colleague, the chef are still experimenting with the recipes but whatever magic they work in the kitchen: it is very successful!
I recommend you at least try this place out on your next visit to Kazimierz or Krakow. It's a nice place to sit down for a meal/break from seeing and touring the city all day.

• Visited April 2014