“Great 2 nights stay at this hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Farmona Hotel Business & Spa
Ranked #62 of 256 Hotels in Krakow
Krakow, Poland
“Great 2 nights stay at this hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Dear to all stuff i wish to thank you for my 2 nights stay in your hotel it was very GOOD and in order for me 100% and i wish to thank you also your Manager & your Gen Manager too the way they have treated me. ( EXCELLENT service in Farmona Hotel Business & Spa )

Hope to see again soon

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank ray20142222
Farmona, Manager at Farmona Hotel Business & Spa, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Guest

It is most endearing to read a review of yours describing Farmona Hotel as “EXCELLENT”.

The words of appreciation were passed to the whole Farmona Hotel Team. This is the best compliment to a hotelier hearing such a fantastic feedback from the guest.

We truly hope you will not let us wait to long for seeing you again!

Very best regards
Manager and Staff at the Farmona Hotel Business & SPA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Wokingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was pleased to have found such a great place for us to spend a 4 night stay in Krakow. I contacted the hotel beforehand and was able to arrange transfers to and from the airport through them at a cost of 95 zloty each way. This made for a very smooth arrival and departure. Staff at the hotel were welcoming and we were able to check into our room earlier than expected which was helpful.

Farmona Hotel is more on the outskirts of the city but it was very easy to get into the centre. We had quite an adventure getting the tram and the end of the line is about 5 or 10 minutes walk from the hotel - turn left out of the hotel and walk through the industrial estate turn left past the bike shop and Macro, then go right and take the subway to the tram line. Tram numbers 8 or 10 take you into the centre and buying a '40minute' ticket for the princely sum of 3.70 Zl single or 7.20Zl return gets you there.

The hotel itself was pleasant and quiet and excellent value for money. It was set in lovely gardens with what seemed to be an industrial estate to the rear (where our room faced) though this did not really detract too much. I noticed there was plenty of room for parking. We stayed in a twin bedded room which was comfortable and everything was spotlessly clean. The bathroom was superb with toiletry samples to use including yummy smelling body wash.There was a well - stocked mini bar in the room which seemed to be reasonably priced (20 zloty for a small bottle of Pinot Grigio). There was a TV and tea and coffee making facilities. One thing I noticed was how the style of the decor throughout (apart from the elegant entrance hall) is very dark but that was a small thing and after a while we got used to this.

Breakfasts at the hotel were simply fantastic - an amazing array of beautifully presented fresh food - cereal, fruit, salad, meats, cheeses, bread, yoghurt, pastries to name just a few items! We even sat outside for breakfast one day. We had two evening meals in the hotel at their restaurant - the food was lovely quality and exquisitely presented. I can particularly recommend the chocolate soufflé with berry ice-cream - totally delicious! The food was very reasonably priced as well.

I was sorry to not have the time to visit the Spa at the hotel as I think this would have been great.
One thing that surprised me was the lack of promoting of this facility and indeed also the restaurant. I think there is a lot more the hotel could do to promote what they have to offer and indeed the hotel staff could make a point of promoting the Spa and restaurant on the arrival of guests. I had to explicitly ask the reception staff for information about what the spa offered after searching in vain for this in the room. Unfortunately by then we were running out of time to include the Spa so I didn't get to do this in the end. Also we only found out about the restaurant by randomly walking in there.

There were lots of products being sold by the hotel under their own brand "Farmona" these are great quality and extremely reasonably priced. I love the rose hand cream I bought.

All in all Farmona Hotel has a great deal to offer it was the perfect base from which to explore the sights of Krakow and the surrounding area. I would very much like to go back again and to include time to relax in their Spa.

1 Thank Julia C
Dear JuliaC

We very much appreciate you took yourself the time to share feedback about your stay with us! The most important for us is the fact of receiving such a charming and detailed appraisal from the Tripadvisor Contributor!

Reading your review I must agree that dedicated hotel Staff is always ready to arrange the stay from its very beginning until the last minutes. Local transportation, sightseeing trips, shopping tips or hotel services can easily fill up number of days in Krakow. We also appreciate your detailed information regarding public transportation, pricing and other access tips handy for Tripadvisor users.

Thank you for letting us know about internal cross promotion. Now we are preparing brand new hotel website and marketing materials will obviously come along. We hope during your next stay you will find them better accessible and exposed.

This is exciting to hear the words of appreciation regarding the Magnifica Restaurant. They were passed on to our F&B Team. Yet there is a lots to try on as new summer seasonal menu has just been introduced. Hopefully you will not let us wait too long for your next visit.

We are very glad you found our bathroom cosmetics handy as well as on site shop Farmona face and body care products reasonably priced and . Most of them are a retail counterparts of professional preparations used in our Oriental SPA during the beauty treatments. Sadly to hear that you did not use Oriental SPA facilities as we would look forward for your detailed review.

The Farmona Hotel Business & SPA Team is thankful for the recommendations and would like to wish you safe travels and quick return to the welcoming interiors of our hotel!

Best regards
Manager and Staff at the Farmona Hotel Business & SPA
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have to be honest when I say that I do not know where to begin with this hotel. Situated about 20/30 minutes from Balice airport, I have to admit I was a little worried when we turned into what looked like an industrial estate. The view from the front door is not pleasing to the eye but as soon as you turn your back on the buildings opposite, you are faced with a beautiful wood effect hotel. The stairway to the entrance is decorated either side by beautifully kept plants and flowers, with an ornate marble planter on either side of the glass automatic doors. The entrance is stunning with its marble floor, dark wood reception desk and beautiful chandelier hanging between two marble staircases leading to the first floor.
The chap (I feel bad that I do not remember his name) was welcoming and polite. We were very early, however he allowed us to check in and take a seat in the restaurant whilst he checked that our room was ready. He came to find us with 20 minutes and handed us our keys.
The room was a very good size with a double and single bed, two rounded leather chairs with a small table, two bedside cabinets, a fitted wardrobe, TV and desk. The room had a small mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities and bottles of still and sparking water. If I was going to say anything negative about the room, it would be that the décor was a little dark for my liking, although saying that, it was very well decorated. The bathroom was stacked with fresh white towels and a basket full of freebie shampoo, conditioner, face creams, body butter and other toiletries.
The room was warm and cosy, quiet and relaxing and fit in perfectly with the fell of the hotel.
We ate in the Majestica restaurant on our first night and, again, the staff were welcoming and accommodating. The menu was not too big and not too small and offered a wide range of meals to suit all tastes and budgets. The first evening I chose a salmon fillet served in pea puree and green vegetables. The presentation was fantastic and it tasted absolutely delicious. The atmosphere in the restaurant was serene and relaxed with décor to match. Dark woods with flashes of bright colours and an abundance of white flowers from roses to orchids. The glass fireplace set the place off a treat.
Breakfast is served between 7 and 10am and is presented as a buffet. There is no shortage of items to choose from cheeses, hams, yogurts, pastries, fruit and cereals to name but a few - as much as you can eat.
We did not eat in the restaurant on the second night as there was a wedding (but we had been made aware of this before we arrived)
On our second day we opted for a massage in the Wellness Spa. For 240zl, I had a deep tissue massage which was out of this world. There were times when the pressure was quite hard and bordered on painful but it was worth it in the end.
Do not be put off being out of the old town. Krakow Main Market Square is very much geared towards tourists and hen/stag parties and although it was not unpleasant, it was nice to stay somewhere a little out of the main tourist area. The average taxi cost 30/40zl to get to the old town.
The hotel is surrounded by beautifully manicured gardens, flowers, winding paths to secret seating areas and a play area for children. There is plenty of seating outside for eating and drinking in the sunshine.
The hotel arranged a tour of Auschwitz-Birkeneau for 130zl per person. It is not for the faint hearted but is well worth the hours trip. It takes up the whole day and does leave you feeling somewhat thankful and emotionally drained.
Having never been to Krakow before, I did not know what to expect from the city or the Polish, but neither disappointed me. The Polish are friendly and polite (although the men can seem a little standoffish) the city is stepped in culture, architecture and an indescribable history. The weather was beautiful (an added bonus) and there is so much to see and do that I could have done with another couple of days.
If you are looking for a few days get away, then Krakow and Farmona would be perfect.

Room Tip: A room facing the garden at the back is preferred over the car park at the front but do not let that...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jo J
Dear Jojones75

It is always very gratifying to receive such a praise from an experienced guest like yourself – the Tripadvisor Senior Reviewer.

Thank you in behalf of other Tripadvisor users as detailed reviews are the most appreciated by travelers, who like yourself, have never been to Krakow. Now their hesitation can be dispelled.

How fantastic it feels to be rewarded with praising comments like yours referring to all areas of our services. I have gladly shared your comments with entire Team bringing smile on their faces.

Hotel services together with Krakow and Malopolska region tourist attractions truly are the best scenario for a trip to Krakow.
We hope to welcome you again soon und until then, we alI wish you many memorable travel experiences.

Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

My brother and I stayed for 5 nights.
We had a busy schedule combining attending an important Monte Cassino Commemoration Ceremony with sightseeing and meeting family.
The Farmona was just perfect for our needs - calm, comfortable and very relaxing.
All the facilities were excellent, from the easy parking ,spacious well equipped rooms to the fabulous breakfasts - it lacked nothing.
The restaurant lived up to our high expectations too.
Our a la carte meal was superb - our only problem was it took us so long to decide which dish to go for. They were all so tempting.
The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful.
The grounds are delightful. You wouldn't guess we were so near to bustling Krakow.
This is a quality hotel at a very reasobale price.
We intended to use the Spa facilities but ran out of time.
We would definately recommend this hotel and intend to return with other family members.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the grounds are very restful
1 Thank Vanda55
Farmona, Manager at Farmona Hotel Business & Spa, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Madam

Thank you for your time and detailed review.

We are very pleased hearing that hotel services provided relaxed atmosphere during your busy time in Krakow.

This situation is the best complement for us as our mission is to deliver great service and relaxed atmosphere to the guests. This is achieved by hotel’s services however our private park, peace and quiet at the place cannot be forgotten.

Kind words regarding service and a la carte menu were passed on to the hotel reception, Magnifica Restaurant staff and Chef. Thank you.

We hope to see you again when staying in the Magical City of Krakow. Hopefully you will complete the hotel picture by visiting our oriental SPA where massages and beauty treatments are available.

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

I was looking for a quiet place with in which I had the opportunity to attend to things associated with work - has been recommended to me - Farmona. Excellent choice, great service and more importantly discreet and omniscient when and what you can do when at the table, negotiations are underway.

A pleasant surprise was that it was prefect WiFi throughout the large object-was literally in every corner ...

I would recommend to anyone!

Room Tip: Each room is unique - a comfortable and well-equipped
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Simon T
Dear Sir

Thank you for your kind opinion and willingness to share it via Tripadvisor.

We are truly pleased that Farmona Hotel Business & SPA exceeded your expectations and met high business requirements of yours.

We proudly hold 2nd position among Krakow’s business hotels organizing number of conferences and providing services to the business customers on a daily basis. The hotel location with no traffic jams and quick airport access definitely make it top choice Krakow hotel. Private park, Magnifica Restaurant or spa services are factors creating atmosphere greatly supporting business meetings and negotiations.

Your kind words regarding the staff were immediately passed to the department managers.

Hoping to see you again in the nearest future
Stathelle, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Me and three friends had a perfect stay at Farmona in February. We choosed 4 days accommodation included treatments in the spa facility and these treatments were heavenly. The restaurant in the hotel served us delicious food and the breakfast buffet had everything. Our suite on the top floor was large, clean and delicate. All the hotel staff in the Spa facilities, reseption, restaurant and cleaners were smiling and service minded and always helpful with information. The hotel has lovely park with pavilions and the hotel is only ten minutes drive from Krakow Old Town. I will definitely return, preferably in the summer so I can enjoy the beautiful park surrounding the hotel. Can highly recommended

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Anne Rita L
Farmona, Manager at Farmona Hotel Business & Spa, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Anne Rita

We are very pleased that we could help to make your vacation special! It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed Oriental SPA and had a great experience at our Restaurant.
Actually our park is now coming back to life and invites restaurant guests to enjoy breakfast and lunches on the fresh air. Summer is definitely the time to come back as, besides hotel's specials, there is plenty of tourists attractions offered by the city itself.

I have gladly shared your kind opinion with entire Team and we all look forward to your next visit.

Best Regards
Manager and Farmona Hotel Business & SPA Team
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

The second time I stayed there they welcomed me as a guest of honor! I love to be pampered and here I feel that way. Specially after an intercontinental trip a good massage is the must.... Looking forward to my April trip for good food (in my wallet I still have their note "phisalis" = miechunka, it is a Japanese little prune, delicious!), good room service (very quiet in the MORNING, even at Hyatt hotels the maids talk so much in the morning, alas :-( ), reception is well organized and what about SPA? after 21:00 hr the sauna is free!
I recoment this place, not far away from the airport, neither from the world renowned and famous Sanctuary of Lord's Mercy. Good place for body and soul!
Maria Emma Seattle, WA

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet, the place is in a beautiful park, good trails for meditation and for a roma...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Emcia88
Farmona, Manager at Farmona Hotel Business & Spa, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Madam

Thank you for time taken to share your experience with other Trip Advisor users. We very much appreciate that travelling from other continent you chose Farmona Hotel Business & SPA as your destination. Oriental SPA, relaxing ambience of the hotel, own beautiful park and wellness food create the place where body and soul can heavenly rest. Naturally with a little help of nearby sanctuary…

Hotel staff, specially housekeeping ladies, would like to thank for kind words as they are proud to be compared with one of the best hotel brands worldwide.

Hopefully we see again in April!
Manager and Farmona Hotel Business & SPA team