“Great Location”

Ranked #45 of 260 Hotels in Krakow
Polmont, United Kingdom
“Great Location”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We booked for our family of three to share a room and were not disappointed.The room was always clean and all staff very pleasant and helpful.Our room came made up with three single beds with adequate room for a small table and three stools. We had B&B which was OK, typical continental with bread meat cheese and cereals. There was also a small selection of hot food and lots of salad/vegetables and fruit available. The location of the hotel (about 5-7 minutes walk) close to the main square and about 5 minutes from the railway station make this a great hotel to see all the sights from. I would recommend it to those on a budget but still expecting decent lodgings and facilities.

Room Tip: rooms to the rear have a railway passing them, this did not cause us any issues because the double g...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Staffordshire
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I originally booked the Ascot for two of us only to find another three people wanted to join the group just a week before we were due to travel. Unfortunately the Ascot was full by then so they had to stay at another hotel just a few minutes walk away. From their feedback it became apparent that the Ascot was the better of the two similarly rated and priced hotels. We were checked in quickly and efficiently by Uma who welcomed us to Krakow and gave us a map of the city pointing out and marking where we were and how to get to the main square. Our room (201)was on the second floor and faced the railway lines that I had read about in previous Trip Advisor reviews. In reality the trains are not speeding past so they didn't bother us at all. I had reserved a twin but there were actually three single beds in the large room which was clean and comfortable. A blessing was air conditioning - a luxury that was not in evidence at the other hotel and was definitely needed at this time of year. The bathroom was compact but modern and like the bedroom was spotlessly clean.
An early start the next day saw us in the breakfast room as they opened. There really is something for everybody and what looked like full tables of fare were having additional items added by the minute. The cheeses and cold meats were well presented and although having never really seen these as my normal breakfast choices I decided to give them a go. They were lovely and set you up for a full day out. It was busier when we went down at a later time the following day but there was still just as a good choice of food available.
We never used the bar which is rather small add on to the reception area but it is nice to see a small hotel with the facility to get a drink. Free wi-fi is included but I found it to be a curiosity at best. Uma had given us a pass code and told us just to select any of the networks ascribed to the Ascot that your device finds. It might have been something I did but my Nexus tablet simply continued to restart itself after I had put the code in and throughout my stay my I-Pod could receive e-mails and Facebook messages but I couldn't send anything. The tablet returned to normal when I got home without me doing anything other than turning it on. I can only think that the network I had chosen may have had some restriction applied -perhaps just for hotel use?? who knows?
Overall I was more than happy with my stay at the Ascot.

Room Tip: Try for a front facing room if you are worried about the trains but I honestly didn't find them...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Aeroguy757
Skaka
Reviewed July 5, 2013

A small hotel but so glad we stayed there. The beds were comfortable, clean room and bathroom. Breakfast was excellent. Just wish they had tea/coffee making facilities in the room. Enjoyed our stay there. Staff were friendly and spoke good English.

Room Tip: Our room was 403 at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelDirector, Front Office Manager at Ascot Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you so much fo your visit.
Hope to see you next time in our hotel.

Kind Regards
Hotel Staff
stafford england
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Very clean hotel with easy checking in and out. Comfortable beds and nice shower room. Good variety of food at breakfast. Ideally located and within walking distance for the rail station.
( 12 zlotys one-way for airport pay on train ). Only 5/10 min. walk to old town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed in Krakow for 4 days to do some of the war history. This hotel was situated perfectly: an easy walk to the main square and train station. We booked a trip to the salt mines through the hotel, but didn't want to be rushed around Auschwitz so we went on our own steam. The staff were always friendly so helpful with both trips and even packed us a breakfast for the bus to Auschwitz as we had to leave before breakfast started in the dining room. The hotel itself was clean and our bathroom looked almost brand new. The only thing that would have made it perfect would be an area to sit outside of an evening. The weather was gorgeous while we were there, and it would have been nice to relax with a drink outside in the evening rather than have to go to a bar. That said, I don't think I saw any hotels as close to the square as we were with balconies or the like so I don't think we'd have found better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and will definitely be back. A five minute walk to the main square takes you to all the restaurants and bars you could need. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and we booked our trips to Auschwitz and the salt mines through the hotel which were two very well organised trips. The driver was even happy to accommodate us by dropping us off at Schindler's factory on the way back from the salt mines.

The breakfast had a good selection and once again, the staff were very attentive. Rooms were clean and quiet, the shower was excellent and I think you would struggle to find a better 3 star hotel. Well done the Ascot!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is a 5 minute walk to the old city main square. Rooms are extremely small. Breakfast was a mix of meats, cheeses , cereals, toasts and yogurts. Odd items for breakfast were cold peas, pickles, cold beans. Staff did not seem interested in replenishing items near end of breakfast saying no more available but we asked for fruit! Yogurts were expiring very close to the dates we were there which was a little off putting since they were not kept on ice during breakfast service. Overall good hotel and I would stay again. Hotel recommended the four restaurants that are owned together -Wesel, niod Malina, la campanala (?) and Marmolada. We went to Marmolada and had the worst food of all of our time in krakow.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple