All reviews salt room rooftop bar the main square steam room spa area old town junior suite beautiful hotel perfect location underfloor heating boutique hotel spacious rooms reception staff town square street noise long weekend breakfast was excellent
Selected filters
Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

Upon first impression the hotel is truly gorgeous, it’s grand and the staff are lovely. The issue arose with our room. Our room was a standard double in the A block, which is round the corner from the main elevators. The a-block appears to be the cheapest section of the hotel, but that’s what we get for booking through a booking site. The room had a lovely big bed and a wonderful bathroom.
The issues arose later- the room we were in was just above the restaurant which played ridiculously loud music late into the night, and especially on our first night after travelling this was very unwelcome. We spoke to the receptionist who turned the music off, for about an hour before it came back on, and was on every night after.
We closed the windows and turned on the air con, when we came back the staff had cleaned and opened the windows, and this went on back and forth every day, unfortunately the staff opening the windows let god knows how many mosquitoes in and my arms and legs now look like a mountain range.
The ceiling also had cobwebs and the mattresses are disappointingly hard. All in all I would say if you want value for money go elsewhere, if you want a luxury experience you’ll have to pay for an upgraded room.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2019

Wonderful hotel, beautifully furnished, large rooms, great location close by the Central Square. Delicious breakfasts, top restaurant, very intimate bar. Bath amenities were high-class, people at the reception desk very helpful.

Room tip: Ask for the A wing.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2019

The Hotel Stary is quite grand to look at and is in an ideal location, just off the main square in Krakow. Having stayed there many times for business, I always found it to be a great location. However, the hotel is very "dark" and suffers from a lack of adequate lighting in many areas - particularly the breakfast dining area. The rooms have character and the stay is quite comfortable but the last time I stayed there both restaurants were booked for functions so the dining options were non-existent. Breakfast was a bit disappointing too with my morning tea served with cream. I once had to put up with muzak being piped into my room from the roof-top bar in the early hours of the morning because someone forgot to turn it off so experiences can be a bit hit and miss.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2019

I stayed at the Hotel Stary, in Krakow for 8 nights. Great bar. Great restaurant. Great staff. The spa was wonderful (pool, exercise massage). The location is ideal, right off the central plaza. The staff - 100% of them - were well-groomed, attractive, pleasant, fluent in English, and extremely helpful. I am trying to remember any hotel that was not a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton that had service this good. I would not hesitate to stay here again. And I strongly recommend it.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Dan E
Reviewed May 13, 2019

Stary is a luxury hotel with big rooms and very comfortable beds. It had one of the best breakfasts that I have experienced. Friendly and efficient staff and of course perfect location just a block from the big square.

• Trip type: Traveled with family